Team Conkers Stall

Hi everyone :)

Before I get into gen 5 I wanted to post at least one decent full stall team and get some advice, since its not my best play style atm. This team is easily my best stall team ever and has given me a lot of success on PokemonOnline (when I'm not "disconnected from server" which is most of the time =P ). Its named after this game my friend from England came up with, Conkers, which is apparently normally played with chestnuts, but which involves tying string to two plastic Forretress toys and smashing them into each other(that's English people for you).
Anyway, I still have problems with a couple of pokemon which I'd like advice on. In short, then, here's the team:

Pretty standard right? The initial idea of the team was for Rotom to set up screens to allow me to lay down hazards more easily, which, um, didn't work, so Rotom went scarfed to help deal with NP Infernape. I also wanted to try a specially defensive Heatran alongside Forretress and the rest of the team unfolded naturally from there.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Right, so, the individual team members. Hippowdon and Swampert are the two standard leads on full stall, and I've used both, but I always come back to Hippo for a couple of reasons. Most importantly, he gets Slack Off, which is incredibly important. Against offensive and balanced teams, his ability to wall and pp stall almost endlessly is incredibly valuable. He also has a bit of extra bulk over Swampert on the physical side, as well as an equally good typing to Swampert IMO. Sandstream is also really useful against opposing weather teams. \

Edit: Changed to a lead Gliscor
Hippowdon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Roar

Hippowdon allows me to handle virtually every opposing lead alongside my team mates. Machamp is pretty easy to deal with, since I can safely switch between Hippo and Gyarados to reduce his damage to a pitiable amount. Taunt leads, particularly Azelf, are slightly more complicated and unpredictable. I usually switch to Heatran in anticipation of the Taunt, Lava Plume once while they set up SR, and then switch straight to Rotom-W and hope they Explode. This sequence also acts as a safety net against random LO Azelf with Grass Knot. I can do the same thing against Aerodactyl, but he's less of an issue due to the lack of Explosion. Celebi leads, especially Occa Berry types which are getting more popular, are the only ones which can delay Stealth Rock for any length of time. Most don't have HP Fire, so I can scout with Forretress and Blissey until I'm sure and then use it as set up fodder.

The EV spread is a bit weird but I prefer it (I think it was inspired by Kevin G's Hippowdon lead) to the standard physically defensive set. The only times I find myself missing the defense is against Gallade and Hariyama leads, which I can work around with Gyarados anyway, and the occasional DD Tyranitar (which I'm still safe against if I'm on full HP or it doesn't have Life Orb). Meanwhile, this spread lets me beat threats like SubSplit Gengar comfortably while still giving me a back up pseudohazer for Zapdos and the like. Speaking of pseudohazing, my last couple of defensive teams have all had at least two phazers, and this one has three; Hippowdon, Gyarados, and Heatran. While they're valuable for getting rid of offensive threats, spreading hazard damage and so on, they also prevent stat uppers from setting up on me if I lack a suitable counter.
I'd also like to give props to Hippowdon, alongside Blissey, for winning me the biggest PP stall war I've ever been in: Hippowdon and Blissey vs the other guy's Rotom-A and Blissey, which finally finished when Rotom struggled itself to death on turn 140 :)

Spinblocking is always necessary, which basically equates to Rotom-A being necessary. Like I mentioned at the start, I was originally running a Dual Screen set with Discharge and Shadow Ball, which was okay but not great. In general, the battles where I actually had time to use Screens, then manage to set up a couple of times with Forretress, I was going to win anyway. Plus, Light Screen doesn't make much difference to Forretress when most teams have at least one special Fire attack. Basically, Screens was a bad idea, so Scarf Rotom-A was in to help with Infernape (which as you can probably see could literally sweep the entire team previously with a NPlot + Grass Knot set). He also helps with problematic Dragonite and Starmie more than a defensive set.

Edit: Changed to a RestTalk set with Reflect/Thunderbolt courtesy of Smith
Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Trick
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Right, so, this isn't the Scarf set from the analysis. Hydro Pump, Thunderbolt and Trick are pretty obvious choices which cover a lot of threats, including helping against opposing stall. HP Ice I consider to be much more useful for this team than Shadow Ball though. Barring unlucky crits or stat lowers, I have Gengar covered pretty well already. What I don't like facing are Dragonite, particularly since both Hippowdon and Forretress run SpDef sets and therefore don't appreciate Outrage, and HP Ice helps mitigate this problem.
Rotom is also valuable for opposing British Gliscor :) and Taunt Gyarados. If I haven't seen a Spinner and its obvious my opponent doesn't have one, I usually feel comfortable using Rotom to eliminate Gyarados. Otherwise, its not usually that difficult to get rid of most Gyarados between my own's Intimidate and Forretress.

The EV's are necessary, and I don't lose any crucial KO's. HP Ice does 74.6-88.1% to 252 HP Dragonite, an easy KO after SR and sandstorm. I'm still assured of an OHKO against LO Starmie, while it's Hydro Pump does 78% max.

This is a stall team, and this is a Blissey. There really isn't any alternative to her, unfortunately. This team handles the few special attackers which can give her trouble pretty effectively between the pseudohazers and hazards, while Blissey provides a number of "services" *whore* in return as well as walling most special threats.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SDef / 4 Spe
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Softboiled
- Heal Bell
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave

This is an unusual moveset but its personally my favourite for Blissey to use. The Cleric set leaves stall somewhat exposed in my experience to things like Infernape which you rely largely on Gyarados to defeat, while also simply limiting the survivability of every member. WishBliss can't get rid of status which is unacceptable, so combining Heal Bell and Wish is natural. The only things this negatively impacts against are things like SubPetaya Empoleon and Flash Fire boosted Heatran, however I don't see these as particular threats. Empoleon is easy to phaze depending on its last move, and can't set up against anything on my team bar Forretress (which can Explode if I'm desperate anyway) while the only Fire attack on my team comes from my own SpDef Heatran. Basically, if my Heatran has upwards of 84% HP, its impossible for an opposing 252 SpA Heatran to KO with Earth Power. Choice Specs is ridiculously powerful but very easy to handle, and only LO poses some kind of threat, although if I get really desperate I can PP stall it with Gyarados, Blissey and Heatran (Timid LO Tran's Fire Blast with Flash Fire maxes at 48.7% vs Blissey anyway).

Calm Mind Jirachi, SubCharge Rotom, and SubSplit Gengar are basically the only common special sets which can get past Blissey 1 on 1 if Toxic Spikes are down, all of which are handled pretty comfortably by Hippowdon. Bizarrely enough, I ran into a Sub-NastyPlot Mismagius which is actually pretty difficult to deal with but that's not exactly on every team.

Toxic Spikes are necessary for this team, particularly for Shaymin/Celebi. Roserade doesn’t fill a necessary ‘place’ other than Spiking on stall teams I’ve used, same with Tentacruel apart from beating Infernape, and other options like Cloyster are generally worse, so Forretress was in. He also gives me Rapid Spin to accommodate Gyarados, Explosion, and obviously a strong physical wall combined with Blissey’s Wish support. Forretress’ synergy with Heatran is superb; most of the pokemon he lures in can be dealt with easily by Heatran apart from opposing LO Heatran and Infernape, while Forretress also gives me a last ditch method of removing pokemon which I can’t handle through Explosion.

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Payback
- Rapid Spin

Forretress is probably the most important member of the team. The set is a basic Specially Defensive Forretress except that I run both Spikes instead of the usual 1 Spikes, Rapid Spin, and two other attacks. The hazard support is completely essential, while Gyarados, who is probably my most important team member in terms of not getting swept, can’t function while SR is down on my side of the field. Max special defense I consider much more important than physical defense simply because against most opponents, they enable me to get a lot more hazards. Forretress is naturally a great physical wall even without EV support, especially with its typing, and equally, most opponents won’t attempt to break down Forretress’ defense with neutral physical attacks because they know a physical Forretress will laugh at them (and it likely won’t be more than a graze on specially defensive Forry’s hard exterior anyway).
Explosion over Payback is a personal choice, but I always prefer to avoid giving the opponent a pile of set up fodder. Beyond that, it makes dealing with most physical threats much easier late game, such as Gyarados. Meanwhile, most of my team can easily deal with Rotom forms, and keeping Forretress healthy is more important than weakening the anti-spinner.
The special defense focus allows Forretress to set up without concern against bulky waters, and my personal favourite, defensive Rotom forms. Barring Rotom-H, most of which don’t run Overheat anyway, non-Specs/LO Rotom is set up fodder for a couple of turns; at the end of which I can switch into Heatran or Blissey and at some point, if needed, bring Forry back to health.
There are a couple of things the defense would be more useful for, although obviously I prefer the benefits of my current EV’s. Dragon’s are the most notable; Dragonite is one of the most significant threats to my team, and CB sets in particular are a huge problem for me to face. Kingdra, too, but Kingdra’s Outrage’s are comparatively weak and I can play him around more easily with Gyarados. Usually I have to switch to Gyarados, forcing the Outrage, and then go to Forretress (I actually often Explode on Dragonite, just to get rid of the threat, unless I have a clear lack of layers, or the other guy has like an Infernape and there’s still SR on my side).
The immunity to Toxic also helps me get around Gliscor, who seems to always carry his stallbreaker set and can be an utter menace if he manages to land Toxic on Rotom. Basically, I have to Intimidate stall it between Gyarados and Forretress until Earthquake’s pp goes, which is decent if I’m at full health, but late in a battle is not always possible.

Like I said at the start , Forretress is ridiculously vital to the team being successful, particularly against other semi-stall / stall teams. I usually have to keep it alive, particularly against spike-stacking teams, but against offensive teams options open up and I normally let it go boom after a decent number of hazards are set up.

I’ve never used Heatran on full stall before, but it is incredibly effective, as well as providing a safety net against Jirachi and Skarmory. It’s a superb Toxic and Burn spreader while forcing a vast number of switches between its good offense and Roar.

Edit: Changed to a ScarfTar
Heatran (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Roar
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Earth Power
This is basically an amazing set and has on many occasions been the MVP. It’s the specially defensive set from the analysis except I use Toxic over Protect, which allows me to spread an absurd amount of poison throughout the opponents team. With no investment Heatran hits 297 attack which is still enough to severely hurt any Steel type, and most neutral switches, meaning that the opponent often has little choice but to switch in waters and risk Toxic / Spikes. Lava Plume > Flamethrower for the burn chance against Rotom, Zapdos, Gyarados, Tyranitar and so on, as well as the substantially higher PP which can be useful. Earth Power is essential, particularly for beating opposing Heatran. I can easily survive unboosted variants Earth Powers and KO back; although Blissey will usually be my first switch in, if they switched in on Lava Plume or I suspect they have Explosion Heatran generally takes them out.
To give you an idea of the extreme special bulk this thing has, Choice Specs Jolteon’s Thunderbolt does 37.3 – 43.8%. That’s just ridiculous. It allows Heatran to act as bait for opposing Shaymin and the like to try and Earth Power you, which even with Life Orb can’t OHKO. Heatran also synergises nicely with Forretress and Gyarados, who can generally handle most of the threats which will force Heatran out.

Finally, we have Gyarados. Intimidate is the most ridiculous ability on Gyarados and this set maximizes physical bulkiness to act as a hard stop, often together with Hippowdon or Forretress, to most physical sweepers.

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 96 SDef / 8 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Rest
- Waterfall
- Sleep Talk
- Roar

Gyarados handles most of the physical attackers which I have to deal with Intimidate and great typing. Lucario in particular can break stall with its ridiculously powerful attacks but has no chance of hurting Gyarados bar Stone Edge (which is extremely uncommon). I can also get past SD Infernape a lot of the time (without going to Rotom, which is a) risky unless I let something die first, and b), relies on an 80% accurate Hydro Pump if he’s on good HP, and c), means I’ll be Choice locked into a weak attack). I switch in Gyarados and they Swords Dance, then I can go to Hippowdon to take Stone Edge, and alternate with some good / lucky prediction to take it down. Gyarados also makes it possible for me to beat SubDD Kingdra, and Kingdra and Dragonite in general, since at worst I can Intimidate them and force Outrage.
Gyarados also has to handle Breloom, unfortunately. Depending on the stage of the game, I can either take the sleep with it, or with something else and then bring it in, while Blissey makes the sleep temporary. More recently I’ve been using it as my second switch in to Heatran as I’ve lost Blissey a few times to the other guy predicting her switch and Exploding.

Right, so, that’s it. I think this is a pretty solid team but I have huge problems with opposing stall, and most particularly, Rapid Spin Starmie with Recover. Theoretically I can get around it with Rotom and Blissey’s Wish support but whatever comes in on the Choice locked Rotom is going to deal more damage to me every time than I did to it, meaning eventually I’m forced to let it die. The team also has some other problems, such as Leech Seed Shaymin and the like, which I need some help dealing with.
Any suggestions on how to improve the team would be very appreciated :) Just to make it easier for you, here’s the team again so you don’t have to scroll all the way up to the top :)

Hi bubbly,

Solid and generic stall team. It has a lot of potential in its current state but a few minor tweaks could improve it even more. I think replacing Toxic on both Blissey and Heatran with Protect will be extremely beneficial. Toxic's utility is somewhat limited with Forretress setting up Toxic Spikes, Wish Blissey is an excellent choice to support its team-mates but it simply cannot function without a ''one turn recovery move'' to keep it healthy. Heatran will also benefit significantly from Protect as it allows it to replenish some HP with Leftovers which is crucial considering Heatran needs recovered health to beat some of the threats it is supposed to keep at bay. Additionally, Protect allows you to scout, which is also a useful addition.

As for other changes, Payback over Explosion seems like an obligatory change on Forretress as it allows you to hit Ghost types switching in trying to block Rapid Spin and alleviates the SubSplit Gengar weakness that this team presents.

gl!

Okay, thanks a lot for your help :) I'll definitely go with Protect on Blissey, and will test on Heatran (although Toxic is pretty useful on him too for Zapdos and Rotom).

Plus, I completely forgot about Starmie when I put Explosion on Forretress over Payback, so thanks a lot for reminding me of that :)

Solid team. I would also go with all of Nosferalto's suggestions, as they are likely to improve your team for the reasons stated. Other than that, I feel that Scarf Rotom-W is pretty out of place on this team. It works well when paired with more offensively-oriented teammates, but doesn't function as effectively on a stall team. This is due to the fact that entry hazards are crucial for stall; Scarf Rotom-W is too frail to maintain its spinblocking duties over the course of long stall matches, especially when Pursuit users like Tyranitar or Scizor can easily switch in and trap you. I think it would help in this case to simply replace it with Kevin Garrett's set.

[box]

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt[/box]
The forme that you use doesn't really matter, but Wash does help to deter Tyranitar switch-ins. This set fits in much better with the defensive nature of your team, and provides you with a second status-absorber. This is especially useful against foes like Breloom, putting less pressure on Gyarados to switch into Stealth Rock and status ailments.

Good luck!

The only problems that running a defensive Rotom would introduce are NP Infernape and Starmie. I would have absolutely no way of getting rid of Infernape and would basically have to try and switch around for a few turns while it dies from LO and poison/sandstorm. That could still lose me a pokemon or two easily, more if toxic spikes aren't down.
Also, Rotom would make a worse switch in to Starmie, since Hydro Pump easily 2HKO's and now I can't even force it out. I guess I could change something else to a ScarfTar or similar, or a ScarfZor (both of which would at least encourage switching to rack up some hazard damage), to try and get it out the way quickly?

RestTalk Rotom is otherwise the much better choice, its just that those two pokemon concern me a LOT. I'll still definitely use RestTalk until I figure out a better way to get around them :)

Couple of things.

first, I would suggest evo stone chansey over Blissey.

Using a set of 236/252/20 on chansey gives it way more bulk than blissey.

I'd also suggest using Nattorei instead of forry, since the only thing you need forry for is t-spikes, which i'm not sure you need a whole lot with that team anyways, especially with toxic users. torrei sets up spikes much better than forry and with iron barbs +rugged helmet actually does a shitload of damage.

^
im pretty sure this is a 4th gen team

(on topic)
agreeing with jirachi's suggestion. you NEED more than one sleeptalker. for example lets say your opponent switches in breloom on blissey. you do not want gyara asleep against the shroom because roaring him away is imperative. rotom can absorb the sleep because he is less useful against breloom

Payback>Explosion on Forretress to hit ghosts

this next thing is just personal preference but i prefer to run both softboiled + wish on blissey. predicting a status condition coming in isnt too hard so and with 2 resttalkers i dont think status bothers you too much. softboiled can be useful because sometimes you dont have time to wish up, especially considering you dont have protect

for your np infernape problem you could run either resttalk lanturn or the special defensive tank lanturn over heatran. lanturn can handle pretty much most specially defensive threats heatran has to handle and has the added bonus of being one of the best starmie switch-ins around

EDIT: Lanturn gives you cool points

Hey bubbly! This is a really cool team you got here- it's obviously a bit standard, but it's not just carbon copied out of Smogon's dex and there are some obvious examples of creativity. I think that some quick changes would really help you out!

Firstly, Faladran suggested a RestTalk set. I think RestTalk is a great idea, I'll just make some very minour adjustments to what he suggested.

@ Leftovers
248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spd
Bold
- Reflect
- Thunderbolt
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Difference #1: Mower form. Wash form has become the standard Rotom as of late- as such, he isn't as good at deterring Tyranitar switch ins simply because of his form being the regular Rotom. Mower form isn't commonly seen, which poses to your opponent the question of why you're using it- more effectively keep Tyranitar at bay. Obviously this is extremely minour.

Difference #2: Reflect over Shadow Ball. I don't really see the point of Shadow Ball on a rest-talk set, since you aren't hitting much of anything with it- at least, nothing that thunderbolt doesn't handle. Most people would run Will-o-wisp in this slot, but I prefer Reflect over it for various reasons. Will-o-wisp fails due to Lum Berry- with Payback, Rotom becomes a near 100% counter to Machamp, outstalling it with RestTalk and Thunderbolt. It also discourages pursuiters from coming in even if they're faster and come in after something- meaning that you can set up reflect on opponent A and if opponent B switches in, unlike Will-o-wisp, it still affects opponent B. Something else you should consider is that, you're running toxic spikes, which serves to decrease the amount of Pokemon you can will-o-wisp- including Tyranitar, who is probably the #1 reason to run this sort of move anyway. Some other minour notes would be the 100% > 75& accuracy thing and that Reflect can help you again things like SD Infernape, things that will-o-wisp can't burn. Overall it's a great utility move for this slot.

Of course, you were concerned with having Infernape and Starmie trample you, if you made this change. Infernape is handled by a simple fix on Gyarados- try running the spread of 248 HP / 156 Def / 96 SpD / 8 Spe, Careful. This means that Infernape's Grass Knot at +2 will never KO Gyarados after SR, giving you a great counter to him.

For Blissey, here's a set change that helps you both with Starmie and in general. Toxic + Seismic Toss is an open invitiation for Gengar to switch in and annoy you. Try switching those to Thunderbolt and Thunder Wave. Thunderbolt works great for keeping annoying bulky waters at bay-including Starmie, but also Suicune and Gyarados. It guarantees that, if Starmie wants to spin, it'll only get one chance. Thunder Wave leaves you less open to annoying set-up sweepers of all varieties, and Toxic + toxic spikes is redundant anyway.

I know that you still don't have a real concrete solution to Starmie, so if you want, you can try Scarf Tyranitar over Heatran. I'm not so sure if Heatran brings anything to the table that Blissey can't handle, for instance, and in your case, the switch might be worth it. The dual sandstormer set up is actually really awesome, as it basically ensures that rain teams don't sweep you, as well as hail teams who can be annoying. He also holds the team's scarf, since you no longer possess one. Of course the notable downside to this is that- your team is now almost exactly the same as Team Kevin Garrett stall! But that's hardly a real reason. Either way I think the team looks fine.

That's all the advice I have, I hope this helps! Good luck.

Shadow ball is mainly to beat opposing rotom-a, particularly those on stall teams that run will-o-wisp or reflect over shadow ball. and with most of will-o-wisp's targets being hurt by toxic spikes and tending to be things you'd want to kill quickly anyway (cough cough gyara), shadow ball is, imo, the superior option

@smith
oh and about that gyara change, +2 lo infernape grass knot will 2hko gyara even if gyara has 252/252+. however i still support that change to better handle celebi and friends and to be a good mixed wall. oh and smith...what's the point of those 8 speed evs? in my opinion they are unnecessary. just put the excess into either defense or special defense.

I suppose if you want to run Shadow Ball, that's up to you- most other Rotoms outspeed you though, so I'm not so sure. And to be clear, I suggested Reflect over Will-o-wisp, which doesn't suffer those problems and stacks fine with toxic spikes.

The speed is mostly just to handle speed-creepers and other Gyarados that don't run any, but technically they're unnecessary. And while Infernape always 2HKOs, that would be with a boost only- so if you switch Gyarados into an Infernape with that spread, he will survive the switch in move and the follow up move ALWAYS to hit with Waterfall.

Thanks for the great suggestions everyone, especially Smith :) I'm going to:

-Change Heatran to ScarfTar (even if it does mean enduring people saying "lol KG Stall" :(
-Give Rotom-A Reflect.
-Change Gyarados' EV's

I'm still testing both Thunder Wave and Thunderbolt on Blissey. Toxic was pretty redundant :) and I think I will at least use Thunder Wave, but since I'm using ScarfTar to trap Starmie I don't see much reason for Blissey to carry Thunderbolt.

Again, thanks a lot for your help everyone :)

EDIT : Could I consider using Gliscor over Hippowdon? Hippowdon has much better HP and only marginally worse defense and spdef, so it takes hits slightly better. However, Gliscor has an arguably better typing for a physically defensive pokemon, which among other things lets me take Close Combat's and the like (this would be especially helpful since Gyarados' EV's are now less physically oriented, and Gyarados can't stop SD Infernape without a huge pile of switching). The biggest factor, though, is that Gliscor gets Taunt, which allows me to gain an edge against opposing stall, which I have my lowest winning percentages against (I'm at ~80% vs offense, but only about 65% against stall). Hippowdon gets Sandstream, which is useful alongside Tyranitar for weather teams in particular, but against most other teams the dual abilities go to waste and Sand Veil is the more useful ability.

Other than those differences, the two can accomplish pretty much the same things, in Stealth Rock, recovery and general walling. Opinions would be great !

If you do change Hippowdon -> Gliscor you'll have a harder time against Subsplit Gengar, CMrachi, LO Jolteon, less attack power (is actually important), considerably less mixed bulk (252 HP / 252 Def Impish Gliscor's 354 HP/383 Def/186 SpD vs 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpDef Careful Hippowdon's 420 HP/273 Def/267 SpDef), and inability to phaze. These are the things that I can think of right now off the top of my head. And +2 LO Jolly Infernape Flare Blitz will still OHKO Gliscor. Therefore I would recommend against the Gliscor change. Instead, if SD Infernape is still giving you trouble, change Hippowdon's EV spread to 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 SpDef with an Impish nature. Please note that you will have a harder time with some of the threats mentioned earlier in my post but if Infernape really bothers you that much than be my guest.

Eeeeeeeeeek I forgot about CMRachi and Gengar. Jolteon I don't care about though, since Blissey is a hard stop, and its vulnerable to all my hazards.
Gengar is different, since Gliscor can't phaze, and is something that Hippowdon is definitely much much better against.
Jirachi I still don't really care about, though. SubCM doesn't have a chance, WishCM can get hit by TWave now by Blissey, and at any rate Gliscor can still stop stat-upping with Taunt.

On the other hand, Gliscor is much better vs stall than Hippowdon, who often gets turned into set up bait for Forretress and Skarmory, and can stop Lucario who could be problematic if Gyarados is weakened for some reason. Gengar is the only real concern for me in making this change. Gyarados can still pseudohaze it, and at least it doesn't have a safe switch or Sub against any of my pokemon.

Basically, I'm still going to test Gliscor out in a lead spot, but if Gengar gets too much of an issue I can always switch back (the Gengar thing is helped out somewhat by changing to a ScarfTar as well).

I actually really like this stall team.

Firstly you have ever threat covered well with pretty much the standard team member choice.

Secondly, hold strong, keep scarf Rotom. It is a good check to things like Infernape, and DD-Gyra that a normal rotom set cannot always check. The other important thing is trick, because a last man stat boosting snorlax/suicune can pose a huge threat to other stall teams, such as KG's.

REMOVING SCARF ROTOM will give you a huge weakness to Infernapes and well as last man stat boosters.

For heatran, I prefer the restalk set tbh, Earthpower is fairly useless imo, and I much prefer recovery + roar shufling. Earthpowers main use is if you predict an infernape/heatran coming in and I would rather use roar. But thts just me, also works well with heal bell blissey.

Moo

Professor
is an Artist Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey there,

Nice team you got there, looks like Kevin Garrett stall, but it works so why not?

First off, I think Gliscor could fit well over hippowdon. You're losing a beast physical wall, but gaining a stallbreaker. It's really up to you

I agree with George, stick with scarf Rotom!
Rest Talk Rotom does have its merits, but a scarfer is always useful on stall teams. The speed can be useful to catch those offensive pokes causing you grief, like Infernape, and Trick will help against Set-Up pokes like Suicune and CM Rachi. Also, use Shadow Ball over HP Ice, Gyarados can handle Dragonite just fine.

I'd recommend changing the blissey set to Fast Blissey:

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Def / 120 SpA / 92 Spe
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Seismic Toss / Protect
- Thunder Wave
- Softboiled / Wish

This may seem a little daft, but it isnt. This set has enough speed to outspeed Scizor and kill it with flamethrower. It doesnt sound like much, but its a free kill, and you arent losing that much bulk :)
Flamethrower and Thunderwave means you will never lose to Substitute Pain Split Gengar (Unless Super hax) In my opinion, Wish and Heal Bell aren't that important to the team. You have 3 pokes with recovery moves (4 if you decide to change Rotom/Heatran) and 2 status absorbers (3 if you decide to change) But if you do want Wish Support, you can replace Softboiled and Seismic Toss with Wish and Protect, because the key to this set is T-Wave and Flamethrower.

I think Heatran deserves to stay on the team. Perhaps the Special Defense or Sleep-Talk set. I just noticed, that Sub-Toxic Jirachi can tear through this team with some bad luck on your part. The same goes for Sub-Roost Zapdos, if your opponent can get blissey out of the way. (It's happened to me -_-) A Special Defense Heatran could keep these threats in line.

Thats about it, hope i helped :D

Okay, updating. Gliscor has actually been working pretty damn well so I'm going to keep it for the time being.
Also, I realised that I tend not to use Wish on Blissey any more so its just a plain Cleric Bliss.

Infernape, of course, is currently the biggest problem. If it has Mach Punch / Vacuum Wave a SD or NP set can go straight through me. ScarfRotom seems like a decent solution but that in turn makes me lose to a couple of other things :(

Funnily enough, the biggest thing I've got out of making this team is that I prefer that one pokemon doesn't carry Spikes, TSpikes, and Rapid Spin :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)