Poke Man

Hello, Crashman here for my second rate my team on Smogon. Last time I did a RMT here it was for my 4th generation UU team, centred around getting Blaziken and Sceptile to be used to their maximum potential. Now I return, with a 5th generation team with a similar sort of team, with a very similar core once again. I themed my last RMT ofter Super Mario Bros., and I enjoyed putting that one together, so I decided to theme this RMT and the nicknames of my Pokémon after another classic video game franchise, Mega Man.

Now, for the origins and the purpose of this team. The main aim of this team is to help set up and then sweep with either Speed Boost Blaziken or Perversity Jalorda. Now for the origins. Basically, Blaziken and Jalorda are my favourite Pokemon designs as of gen 5, so I was hoping that they would be competetively viable. However, when I first saw their movepools, and Jalorda's stats since they were new at the time, I noticed they didn't get anything that would make them amazing competetively, and I temporarily gave up the idea and thought I'd have to wait for the tier lists to come out so I could make them work well in lower tiers. However, then the Dream World abilities came out, and these 2 got amazing abilities that made me want to carry on the idea of building a team around them to make them as good as possible.

As I said, I started this team with Speed Boost Blaziken and Perversity Jalorda. These 2 go shockingly well as an offensive pair alone. Blaziken easily dismantles Pokémon like Nattorei, Blissey, Buffalon (Lol) and steel types in general that Jalorda hates having to take on, while contrastingly, Jalorda helps out Blaziken a lot as well, being able to take on things like bulky waters and grounds that Blaziken doesn't like taking on. However, like any core, there will be things these 2 will need and Pokemon that need eliminating if these 2 want to sweep.

Neither of these 2 enjoys taking on Doryuuzu (Then again, nothing really does, but that's besides the point), so naturally I needed a counter for it. Bulky waters seem to be the best thing to kill Dory, and who's the physically bulkiest bulky water (That I can think of that's viable), Suicune!

One problem that I could forsee is dragons. Blaziken, Jalorda, and Suicune don't really like taking on the many scarfed dragons (Suicune can take on some, but not without taking heavy damage) or dragon dancers, so I need something that can switch in on all of these speedy dragons as they try to set up and revenge them. I decided to go with either scarf Latias or Latios, since they are currently the fastest dragons, and thus are the best for revenging dragons at +1 speed. I had to pick between Latias and Latios. I picked Latias, for reasons which I will explain in the in depth analysis.

At this point, I was lacking 2 things that need to be on every good team, a proper lead to set up entry hazards, which makes getting a sweep with Blaziken and Jalorda far easier than without them, and a steel type to take a hit from one of the many types that they resist. I chose Skarmory, as he can set up not only Stealth Rocks, but also Spikes, making him a really nice hazard lead.

At this point I just needed something to patch up some weaknesses I had to certain types, as well as fill up the last team slot. I chose balloon Heatran, as from what I heard when I was making this team, it was a very good anti metagame Poke, and earing this, I wanted to try it out, and I put it on my team.

This team was doing relatively well....until I ran into some people who were using the Nattorei and Burungeru defensive core, and these people knew how to use it well. My team simply couldn't break through it, no matter how hard I tried. So I needed 1 Pokemon that could take out this defensive core single handedly. However, in order to do this, I'd need to replace something on my team. Firstly, I chose to replace Heatran, as it was probably doing the least for my team, and it was pre-dominantly there to fill a team slot anyway. I chose to replace Heatran with Nasty Plot Lucario, as they can essentially do the same things with a balloon, however Lucario can take out that Nattorei and Burungeru core which my team previously had trouble with.

I was told that there were better options for my team as far as bulky waters went, particularly Burungeru, as it could function as a spin blocker, which would be very useful for a team that needs hazards keeping up to achieve it's primary goal. In light of this, Burungeru was added to my team.

Tengu Man (Skarmory) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 164 Sp.Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Brave Bird​

The set

This is a standard lead Skarmory, apart from a couple of tweaks I made to make it more suited for my team. For instance, I don't run taunt on this set, and instead I run both Spikes and Stealth Rock, since I have nothing else to set them up. In light of this, I moved the EVs that would normally go into Skarmory's Speed into Defense, as Taunt would be the only reason that a Skarmory would ever need to run Speed EVs. The extra Defense also helps Skarmory wall physical hits as well. Other than that, this is a standard Skarmory lead. Spikes and Stealth Rock are there so I have hazards to weaken any Pokemon that could stop my 2 sweepers, as well as breaking any Focus Sashers that they may be running. Roost is there so I have a way of recovering health, and allows me to abuse Sturdy more. Brave Bird is there so my Skarmory isn't Espeon or Taunt bait.

What it does for the team

Skarmory does several, very useful things for this team that have been valuable for it from the very start. It sets up entry hazards which make sweeping with Blaziken and Jalorda much easier, and thanks to his Sturdy ability he's always guaranteed at least Stealth Rocks, and against leads like Metagross and Hippowodon, a few layers of Spikes as well. Also thanks to it's Steel typing, it is my switch in for many attack types, and is my go to counter if a Ditto transforms into Jalorda once it's got a few Perversity boosts. Also the fact that it lures in Shandera can actually work to my team's advantage, as Shandera is pretty much set up bait for Blaziken, especially if Shandera gets choice locked into a fire move.

Potential changes

I've been thining of giving my Skarmory Whirlwind for a while, the only problem is I don't know what to get rid of for it, all of these moves seem like the best things for it, but there have been a few times where I would've loved to have had Whirlwind on him and not had it.

Aqua Man (Burungeru) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Sp.Def
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Boiling Water
- Shadow Ball
- Toxic
- Recover​

The set

This was a set suggested to me by Trucy, and it has been pretty good for my team so far. Water Absorb is used as it gives Burungeru free switch ins, and it gives my team a nice water immunity. I run a physically bulky spread so that Burungeru can take on Doryuuzu, as Burungeru is the best thing I have to go against it. Boiling Water is on for obvious reasons. It's STAB and it can burn physical attackers, which is always nice. Shadow Ball is run over Ice Beam, as it lets me take on Rapid Spinners like Starmie better, and off the top of my head I can't think of a (good) Rapid Spinner that is hit by Ice Beam harder than Boiling Water or Shadow Ball. Toxic was chosen over Will O Wisp, as having 2 moves on a moveset for burns is redundant, and Toxic is better for stalling thanks to the rising amount of damage. Recover is there for obvious reasons. Any wall appreciates 50% recovery, and Burungeru gets it, making it a very potent wall.

Being a bulky water, I have to go to Burungeru to take a lot of hits from many types, and Burungeru also gives me a fighting immunity, meaning that it can be a good switch in for fighting types that lack a dark or ghost move. Burungeru is also a good counter for Blaziken if a Ditto decides to copy my Blaziken once it sets up. Burungeru is also my spin blocker, which I needed as I always hated having 4 turns wasted because something decides to come in and Rapid Spin my hazards away. Burungeru also lures many types that other members of my team can set up on, such as grass and electric attacks for Jalorda, and Dark and Ghost attacks for Lucario.

Potential changes

Burungeru may be changed for a different bulky water.

Mega Man (Lucario) @ Balloon
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Sp.Atk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+Sp.Atk, -Atk)
- Nasty Plot
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse
- Vacuum Wave​

The set

There is a distinct reason I chose Nasty Plot Lucario over Swords Dance Lucario. I chose this set so Lucario is able to do what he was added to this team to do, defeat the Nattorei and Burungeru combination. NP Lucario is better than SD Lucario at taking in this combination for one reason, he won't be made useless by a burn from Burungeru. Lucario can easily take on Nattorei either way, unless it has Thunder Wave, which makes it a problem to face. I gave Lucario the Balloon as an item so I have something else to take out Doryuuzu just in case Burungeru fails to do so, as Lucario usually resists the rest of Dory's moveset, most of the time 4x resisting it's coverage moves. Dark Pulse is used over Shadow Ball for a few reasons. They get nearly the same coverage with Aura Sphere, only losing out on Heracross and Toxicroak if I remember correctly, and they are rarities in the dream world tier. Dark Pulse's secondary effect is also much more useful than Shadow Ball's. Modest nature is used in combination with Vacuum Wave so Lucario can hit hard, and be able to hit things faster than it for good damage. It is also my only way of revenging things like Cloyster if it runs a +Speed nature.

As I've said, Lucario was added to the team to take out the Nattorei and Burungeru defensive core, which my team previously could not handle if the opponent using the 2 was smart enough. As I've also said, Lucario is somewhat of a revenger against Doryuuzu as well, and is my special sweeper if I have to bring out Jalorda early game and it gets killed off. There isn't really much else Lucario does for the team, he was only added to patch up weaknesses to some Pokemon that I had. However, like Skarmory, Lucario also lures choiced fire attacks from Shandera, which, as I've said previously, is set up bait for Blaziken.

Potential changes

Lucario is another Pokemon that is likely to change once I find something that can do what Lucario can do, but also fits in with my team as well. If anyone knows something that can take on the Nattorei and Burungeru defensive core that fits in well with my team, I'd be more than happy to hear about it.

Roll (Latias) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Sp.Atk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Hidden Power Fire
- Trick​

The set

Once again, the standard Choice Scarf Latias. Now I bet I know what you're thinking. "Why would you use Scarf Latias over Scarf Latios, surely his extra power would be much more useful than a bit of extra bulk, which scarfers don't use." Well there is a reason why I run Latias over Latios. She is usually my best switch in to things like Espeon, Alakazam and any dragons. Now, with a boost in each of their respective attacking stats, Latios won't be able to take that many attacks from them, even when resisted depending on the Pokemon hitting him, Latias on the other hand, takes these attacks a bit better than he does. In several matches I've played, there have been instances where Latias has survived super effective attacks and been able to get a kill, where Latios would not have been able to survive, and potentially been open to a sweep. I can't think of any examples off the top of my head though. I run HP Fire over Thunderbolt though, as I can't think of anything that would get hit for less damage by Draco Meteor than Thunderbolt on the first turn apart from Gyarados, (And that's all Latias is usually in for) however Hidden Power Fire is essential for hitting Pokémon like Nattorei, that would otherwise wall Latias, for good damage. Other than that, this is really just a bog standard choice Latias.

As I've stated before, Latias revenges the dragons that would otherwise give my team problems. She can also be used as a revenge killer to things like scarf Shandera as well if it's taken SR or Spikes damage. Latias is also my prime switch in for now somewhat common psychic Pokemon like Espeon and Alakazam, as it's the only thing that can outspeed and do good damage to them from the start. Somewhat ironically, it is also sometimes my initial switch into things like Blissey and Nattorei, as tricking Pokemon like them a scarf is crippling for their walling purposes. In another ironic twist, Latias luring in Pursuiters works well for this team as well, as something locked into a choice locked Pursuit is quite literally the perfect set up bait for Blaziken, thanks to it's dark resist and Pursuit's pitiful base power if a switch isn't being done.

Potential changes

I might change Latias for Latios, as the rise in power is tempting, but I'd need some good reasons why to do so though.

Proto Man (Blaziken) @ Wide Lens
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -Sp.Atk)
- Swords Dance
- Hi Jump Kick
- Blaze Kick
- Stone Edge​

The set

To put it simply, this set tears apart pretty much any team that doesn't prepare for it, and even some which do prepare for it if I have enough hazards up, once it gets a Swords Dance. The sheer power of this set is amazing, and I've lost count of the times that this Pokémon has saved me from a 4-0 lost, simply because of how easily it can muscle it's way through teams. I chose to run Wide Lens over Life Orb so I can use these high power moves that have no negative effects unless they miss, without having tto worry about them missing unless I get unlucky. Hi Jump Kick is obviously there for STAB, and being insanely powerful. Blaze Kick is used over Flare Blitz so my sweep doesn't end after a few times of needing to use a fire attack. Stone Edge is used over things like Night Slash and Shadow Claw so Salamence and Gyarados can't come in and end my sweep, and I have other things to take care of Burungeru anyway. Baton Pass isn't used on this set since I don't have anything on this team that really needs a Swords Dance passing to it.

Blaziken is one of the central sweepers of this team, but it does more things for the team besides that. It is my best way of killing off steel types, thanks to most, if not all steel types, being weak to Fire and/or Fighting. Because my team is full of special attackers, I need something to kill Bliseey, and Blaziken does this job very well...unless it runs Protect, and even then I can just hit it with a Hi Jump Kick next turn. Other than those it's main job is to sweep though.

Potential changes

I've been thinking of possibly changing to the mixed set, as apparently it takes on some things that SD Blaziken can't, however the drop in physical power means that things like Lati@s and Chansey with de-evolution stone are going to wall it pretty easily with that set.

Snake Man (Jalorda) @ Leftovers
Ability: Perversity
EVs: 20 HP / 252 Sp.Atk / 236 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Dragon Tail
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power Ice.​

The set

This is another Pokémon that has netted me many sweeps. The fact that it gets boosts off of a 140 base power STAB move really makes it a force to be reckoned with. Substitute was added so Jalorda can always take a hit without worrying about...well...dieing. Dragon Tail is added so any steel types or fire types wanting to hinder my sweep can be forced out, and with a lot of hazards up, this means that when they come back in, Jalorda will usually be strong enough to finish them off. Hidden Power Ice is used over Hidden Power Fire since I have more team members that can take on steel types than dragons, and HP Ice lets Jalorda beat these dragons, all of which he outspeeds unless they have a boost up. Jalorda doesn't have any other good offensive options, which is why I only run 2 attacking moves. (Wring out doesn't exactly help coverage and lol Twister) The speed EVs given to him allow him to outspeed all positive base 110 speed Pokemon by 1 point, allowing me to get the first attack on things like Lati@s and Gengar.

Like Blaziken, Jalorda is another central sweeper on this team, and like Blaziken, Jalorda serves more purposes than just that. Jalorda is my primary switch into bulky waters and grounds, all of which are usually safe switches, as they usually don't carry anything to hurt Jalorda, and even if they do, unless they run a good amount of attack or Special Attack EVs, Jalorda will be able to take the hit thanks to his decent bulk, and fire of a Leaf Storm to badly hurt them or kill them. Jalorda is also one of the few things I have that can handle Zapdos, and even then Jalorda is a shaky counter at best. Like Blaziken though, his main job is to sweep.

Potential changes

I don't think there are any changes I can make to Jalorda, as his offensive movepool is extremely barren outside of grass moves, and a sweeping Jalorda isn't exactly going to benefit from having the screens on it's moveset.

Heat Man (Heatran) @ Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Sp.Atk / 4 Spd
Modest Nature (+Sp.Atk, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power Ice.​

This is the Heatran set I used before I needed to replace him. It's somewhat unfortunate, as Heatran got me quite a few surprise kills against things like Salamence, Doryuuzu, Ononokusu, Landlos, Hippowodon and at one point even a Sazandora thanks to his Balloon giving him a pseudo immunity to ground type attacks, and they don't usually run anything else that does good damage to Heatran. Unfortunately, since that Nattorei and Burungeru matching gave me trouble, I had to get rid of something to add a Pokemon that could take care of them, and Heatran seemed to be contributing the least to the team. HP EVs were added, as I also used Heatran as a bit of a wall at times, as it resisted quite a few types that not many of my team members could handle well.

Freeze Man (Suicune) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Sp.Atk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Boiling Water
- Ice Beam
- Rest​

This is the Suicune set I used before Burungeru took it's spot. This was by no bad means an un needed set, and Suicune wasn't really slapped onto the team with no real purpose like Heatran was. In fact, Suicune had got me quite a few sweeps. I had to get rid of Suicune though, as Burungeru fitted in better on this team, as Burungeru does an overall better job at walling than Suicune does.

(In order of most threatening to least threatening)

Kingdra - If this thing is in rain, I pretty much have no options against it. The only thing I have that can take a hit from it is Burungeru and Skarmory (And even then, that's only because most rain teams don't run hazards, and thus don't break Skarmory's sturdy), and possibly Jalorda if it doesn't run Ice Beam, and even then the only one who can do any good damage back to Kingdra is Jalorda, who will usually end up losing anyway. Burungeru can Toxic it, but that's all it can do. Out of rain it is handleable, if Latias is still around, but who uses a Kingra out of rain?

Ludicolo - Ludicolo is basically in the same boat as Kingdra, but to a lesser extent. I do have options against Ludicolo. Unless it runs max speed and a speed boosting nature, my Latias can outspeed it if it still has it's scarf, and hit it hard with a Draco Meteor. Lucario can Vacuum Wave it after that if it lives. Skarmory can also dent it with Brave Bird as well, but other than that Ludicolo can run through this team. Like Kingdra as well, Ludicolo is handleable out of rain, however Ludicolo doesn't even warrant a use outside of rain, so it will always be in there.

Zapdos - Zapdos isn't exactly a huge threat if Blaziken or Jalorda have got their boosts and it comes in on them, or if I have Latias alive to pretty much wall it, however other than those 3, I don't really have anything to take on Zapdos and win.

Urugamosu - Urugomasu is a threat in one sense, and not a threat in others. It can sweep my team if all the following conditions are met. It gets at least 2 butterfly dances, it runs something to hit Blaziken super effectively, Stealth Rock isn't on the field, Skarmory's sturdy has been broken, Burungeru is either at low health or dead. If those conditions are met, it runs through my team, if not, I have ways of handling it.

Ditto's effectiveness varies depending on several things. Who it comes in on, what I have left, and how many boosts the Pokemon it comes in on has. Ditto usually comes in on either Blaziken or Jalorda, as those are the only 2 really worth coming in on on this team, apart from maybe Lucario, and in that case, I can just kill it with Vacuum Wave. If it comes in on Blaziken, I've got a bit of a problem on my hands, particularly if I have a SD up. Most lock themselves into Hi Jump Kick. If I have Burungeru alive, this is not a problem. If Burungeru isn't, I have to hope Latias can take a hit and retaliate or hope for a Hi Jump Kick to miss, or else I'm pretty much a goner. If it locks itself into anything else Burungeru can take it on and win. If Jalorda gets copied, it will usually lock itself into Leaf Storm. This is one thing I miss my Heatran for, because with it, half of my team could take on Jalorda and win, however now my only good checks are Latias and Skarmory, and even then Latias will have taken quite a bit of damage by the end of it.

Roopushin - Roopushin isn't a threat in one sense. I'm not particularly weak to it, and if my sweepers have set up it isn't really a threat, as it's unboosted Mach Punch isn't doing much to Blaziken or Jalorda, however I usually do have to give up something to take it out.

And that's the end of this RMT. I hope you enjoyed reading it, and any suggestions you have to improve this team would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to read my RMT.

This team was doing relatively well....until I ran into some people who were using the Nattorei and Burungeru defensive core, and these people knew how to use it well. My team simply couldn't break through it, no matter how hard I tried.
:3

Awesome team, though. That Lucario set was a monster to face; it destroyed Nattorei and Burungeru just like that. :P

Freeze Man (Suicune) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Sp.Atk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Boiling Water
- Ice Beam
- Rest[/CENTER]

The set

Again, this is just a standard Crocune, however I use Water Absorb instead of Pressure. I chose to use Water Absorb, as it gives Suicune a free switch in whenever I predict a water attack, and is very nice if Suicune comes in on a choiced water attack. Having Water Absorb also means that Dittos can't come in and revenge me once I get to +6 Special Attack and Special Defense, as I'm immune to Boiling Water, and Ice Beam isn't exactly breaking through me any time soon, and it would just be a matter of PP stalling them at that point. I run Ice Beam over Sleep Talk, as it prevents Suicune from being set up bait for things like Ononokusu, Salamence, Dragonite and opposing Jalorda. Boiling Water was chosen over Surf, as Boiling Water makes it so Suicune has a chance of being able to cripple any physical attackers that try to cripple him.

Firstly, Suicune is also another Pokemon that I commonly go to to take hits when nothing else can take a hit. He is also my main counter to sandstorm teams, particularly Doryuuzu, as nothing else on this team is capable of taking a hit from the mole and killing it as easily as Suicune can. Suicune also works somewhat as my rain counter, as most Pokemon on rain run attacks that Suicune can easily wall, the exceptions being things like Ludicolo, Zapdos and maybe Kingdra. Being a water type, Suicune also lures out many grass and Electric Pokemon, most of which Jalorda can handle well.
When we talked about this earlier, though, you did bring up an interesting point about the lack of a rapid spinner. Maybe using a Burungeru in place of Suicune could work? It keeps most of this team's strengths intact; the rest of the team works extremely well from what I've seen, and the addition of Burungeru shouldn't shake it up too much.

Burungeru @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
- Boiling Water
- Recover
- Toxic
- Shadow Ball / Ice Beam

Although you would lose the ability to counter Dittos as effectively as you could with Suicune, you'd gain a great spin-blocker, who makes a great wall in general and is also quite hard to KO. He's not quite as bulky as Suicune and doesn't have Calm Mind, but has slightly higher HP and still survives many boosted or super effective hits.

When facing Dittos, you can probably use Skarmory to wall any of the attacks besides Boiling Water, and if for some reason you expect the Ditto to try a Boiling Water on you, you can stay in thanks to Water Absorb (just as with Suicune).

I don't think it subtracts from the synergy of this team too much otherwise; hopefully the benefits outweigh the loss of the extra bulk and Calm Mind. Plus getting in a Toxic against a Kingdra never hurts.

Again, awesome team!

-Over

Also the whole MegaMan theme is boss. And you have to love the Pringles Guy.

EDIT: and you bring up a great point, I didn't realize it until you said so, but Burungeru would help take a HJK from Ditto if it switches in on your Blaziken. Awesomeness.

Best RMT format I've ever seen, you have made my day :3

The only change I can think of would be Dragon Tail over Leech Seed on Jalorda. Phasing should help a lot with shuffling your opponent through several rounds of SR and Spikes before going for the kill. It also helps you scout and might even let you run HP Fire over HP Ice so that you aren't walled by steel types.

Otherwise, awesome team, love it, and especially love the megaman :3

Celestavian

Smooth
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Great looking team here. I have some thoughts here on it:

Wide Lens Blaziken can and will still troll you. HJK has a 1% chance to miss, Stone Edge has 88% accuracy, and Blaze Kick is in the same boat as HJK. I assure you, that 1% will happen. Not really a flaw, just felt kike something I should point out, because many trainers think it gives all moves +10% flat insteand of 10% proportionate. Don't be one of those trainers.

Might I also mention that by replacing Suicune with Burungeru, coupled with the lack or Pursuit or Shed Shells, makes 5 Pokemon on your team weak to Ghost/Fire, which just happens to be the typing of our lovely friend and best DW revenge killer, as well as the #1 used Pokemon, Shandera. It also usually carries Psychic, and outspeeds Adamant +1 Blaziken with a Timid nature. The best thing you have against it is entry hazards, but that doesn't matter if it can revenge kill all of your team with extreme ease. Not good. Worst part is, I can't recommend a Pursuiter that won't wreck your synergy or isn't weak to Shandera itself (Tyranitar and Scizor). My best advice against it is to keep Latias alive so you can outscarf it, preferably when it's locked into Shadow Ball and your opponent thinks you're retarded for putting in Latias after it just Shadow Ball'd something to death. Then again, I can't name Pursuit's learning pool off the top of my head, so I will look and see if something cool gets it.

Other than that, I can't see anything glaring, and I wish you luck on the ladder and with Shandera.

When we talked about this earlier, though, you did bring up an interesting point about the lack of a rapid spinner. Maybe using a Burungeru in place of Suicune could work? It keeps most of this team's strengths intact; the rest of the team works extremely well from what I've seen, and the addition of Burungeru shouldn't shake it up too much.

Burungeru @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
- Boiling Water
- Recover
- Toxic
- Shadow Ball / Ice Beam
I think you mean Spin Blocker. =P

Also I'll have to give that Burungeru set a go. It seems like it could have it's advantages over Suicune. After all, instant recovery is always good.

Best RMT format I've ever seen, you have made my day :3

The only change I can think of would be Dragon Tail over Leech Seed on Jalorda. Phasing should help a lot with shuffling your opponent through several rounds of SR and Spikes before going for the kill. It also helps you scout and might even let you run HP Fire over HP Ice so that you aren't walled by steel types.

Otherwise, awesome team, love it, and especially love the megaman :3
Hmm....Dragon Tail does seem like it could be useful, especially behind a sub. That way I have a way to force out Pokemon like Shandera and Heatran that come in on Jalorda a lot. I'm a bit skeptical about getting rid of HP Ice though, as Jalorda's attack isn't exactly great, and Dragon Tail only has 60 BP, but the phasing does sound like it could be nice though. I'll give it a go.

Also I'm glad someone really liked the theme. =D

Great looking team here. I have some thoughts here on it:

Wide Lens Blaziken can and will still troll you. HJK has a 1% chance to miss, Stone Edge has 88% accuracy, and Blaze Kick is in the same boat as HJK. I assure you, that 1% will happen. Not really a flaw, just felt kike something I should point out, because many trainers think it gives all moves +10% flat insteand of 10% proportionate. Don't be one of those trainers.
I know that, and I do understand that hax can still mess me up. The HJK miss has actually happened to me once, and I understand that Blaze Kick and Stone Edge can miss as well. The point I was trying to get across is that Wide Lens makes these moves less of a risk to run.

Might I also mention that by replacing Suicune with Burungeru, coupled with the lack or Pursuit or Shed Shells, makes 5 Pokemon on your team weak to Ghost/Fire, which just happens to be the typing of our lovely friend and best DW revenge killer, as well as the #1 used Pokemon, Shandera. It also usually carries Psychic, and outspeeds Adamant +1 Blaziken with a Timid nature. The best thing you have against it is entry hazards, but that doesn't matter if it can revenge kill all of your team with extreme ease. Not good. Worst part is, I can't recommend a Pursuiter that won't wreck your synergy or isn't weak to Shandera itself (Tyranitar and Scizor). My best advice against it is to keep Latias alive so you can outscarf it, preferably when it's locked into Shadow Ball and your opponent thinks you're retarded for putting in Latias after it just Shadow Ball'd something to death. Then again, I can't name Pursuit's learning pool off the top of my head, so I will look and see if something cool gets it.
...You raise a good point there.

I wouldn't say I'm completely helpless against choice Shandera though. I do have ghost resists if it does lock itself into a ghost move, and it would only need to do that against Latias and Burungeru. The former of which, providing she doesn't have a Draco Meteor Special Attack drop or is locked into HP Fire or Trick, can out-scarf Shandera and kill it, and the latter would either flat out die or at least be able to dent Shandera with Boiling Water. Choiced fire attacks, which are lured by 3 of my team members can harm me a lot, however at the same time, as I've said, provide a free set up for Blaziken, and Blaziken will be at least at +2 speed by the time Shandera comes back in, meaning it's pretty much a free kill from that point. I understand that Shandera is a big threat to my team, and I'll have to be more cautious about it now though, but I do have options against it.

I don't have a rate atm, but your format is simply amazing. I felt like I needed to comment telling you that.
Thanks, I tried to format it well so things like this team's synergy were much more apparent. I look forward to seeing if you do give this team a rate, as any advice is helpful.

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
you should use life orb + claw sharpen on blaziken. the power drop is not very noticeable -- 80% boost compared to 100%, but you will never miss. it's a worthy trade in my opinion, since blaziken really cannot afford to miss.

also your formatting is amazing

Zoom Lens + Sword Dance is better than Life Orb + Claw Sharpen. Stronger as well as no recoil.

....I was actually unaware of what Zoom Lens did, it would be much better for Blaziken than Wide Lens. Thank you for the suggestion, even if it was in indirect one.

I'll be updating the OP soon to reflect changes I've made to my team during testing today.

Disregard what I said. Zoom Lens apparently only works if you're slower than your opponent, which Blaziken most certainly won't be. How come I never knew that before?

Disregard what I said. Zoom Lens apparently only works if you're slower than your opponent, which Blaziken most certainly won't be. How come I never knew that before?
Ah....ok, I'll put Wide Lens back on.

The original post has been updated with the changes made.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)