Wet Dream World

Introduction
Hey all, I have been a lurker around here for quite some time and I thought I would post my first RMT. This has been my most successful fifth gen team so far and I hope you guys can help me make it better. I play on the pokemon online dream world tier.

At A Glance

Delving Deeper

Politoed @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
252 HP / 4 Def /252 SpD
Calm Nature (+Special Defense, -Attack)
-Boil Over
-Hypnosis
-Encore
-Substitute

I went with a specially defensive politoed in order to try to help it outlast other weather inducers, if they opponent has any. It partners very well with Vaporeon being able to take special hits while Vap takes the physical ones, not to mention the wish support is very nice. Hypnosis is always nice being able to completely remove a threat from the game. Substitute helps ease prediction, and encore can help one of my sweepers get in for free. She has done very well, but I am definitely open to suggestions.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature(+Defense, -Attack)
-Boil Over
-Wish
-Rest
-Roar

Vaporeon has always been one of my favorite pokemon and when I found out it got hydration I was really excited. Being virtually immune to status under the rain is a god send, and vap no longer has to fear Toxic. You may wonder why I roll with wish and rest, but I find that the ability to pass the gigantic wishes that vaporeon can is extremely useful, and obviously rest is for the instant self healing. I chose roar to help against set uppers, but sometimes I find toxic may have been better. Once again, very reliable and has yet to let me down, but I am open to suggestions.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Lightning Rod
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature(+Speed, -Attack)
-Thunder
-Hidden Power Ice
-Substitute
-Roost

The main weaknesses that a rain team would carry would be grass and electric, and with lightning rod, Zapdos resists both. Being able to fire 100% accurate thunders after a lightning rod hurts...it really hurts. I ran leftovers over life orb to increase longevity, because it seems like it can be hard to find time to roost, and I like to keep Zapdos alive as long as possible. HP Ice is nice, because it seems like there are so many 'mons that are 4x weak to it these days, plus it completes the bolt-beam combo. Volt change is for when that Tyranitar switches in to ruin my day, and I can deal some damage on the way out, albeit, minimal.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature (+Attack, -Special Attack)
-Bullet Punch
-U-Turn
-Superpower
-Pursuit

Everyone's favorite choice bander is back and there's a reason why: he's so good at what he does. Pretty much the set everyone is used to by now, bullet pawnch for priorty/stab, and u-turn for scouting, you guys know how it goes. He has definitely done well for me, but I also feel like something could be changed to perform better, whether it be a different 'mon or a change in scizor himself.

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature (+Special Attack, -Attack)
-Surf
-Energy Ball
-Ice Beam
-Focus Blast

Ludicolo was one of the best rain sweepers last gen, and he still is. His moveset provides amazing coverage, and surf coming off of 306 special attack, boosted by rain and life orb leaves a very big mark. He reaches 478 speed in the rain, and the only thing I have encountered faster is the normal gem-unburden Hitmonlee, and I have only ran into him once.
Substitute has been marginally useful for blocking status, but overall I tend to avoid it because taking off 25%, combined with life orb will not let him last long. This guy has performed beyond my expectations, but once again open to suggestions, maybe different spread? Different swift swimmer?

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
184 Atk / 132 SpA / 192 Spe
Rash Nature (+Special Attack, -Special Defense)
-Waterfall
-Hydro Pump
-Draco Meteor
-Hidden Power Fighting

I. Love. This. Guy. Mixdra is an amazing rain sweeper, his sheer power is unbelievable. Generally, he is the last to come out to clean up the rest of the opponents team. The EVs allow me to out speed max speed Deoxys-S in the rain, while optimizing power on both spectrums. Hidden Power Fighting may seem an odd choice, but it has helped against Nattorei, although other than that it doesn't see much use. I am open for suggestions on move set/spread changes on this guy, but I would really like to keep Kingdra himself.

Summary
Well there you have it, my first RMT. Overall I am very proud of it, but there are certain things I really would like suggestions for. My team has a VERY VERY hard time with Nattorei, and I've been having a hard time trying to figure out how to take care of him. Also I lack stealth rock, and I have noticed some times where it would have helped greatly.

Thanks a bunch for taking the time to read guys! It is greatly appreciated!! ^_^

Top 20 Threats Based on Pokemon Online Statistics

Red = Major Threat
Green = Average Threat
Blue = Minuscule Threat

Shandera: Being that this is a rain team, it is understandable that he would be easy to deal with. The only member he really threatens is Scizor, and thats why U-Turn is so nice. Politoed, Vap, Ludicolo, and Kingdra all take care of him nicely.

Roobushin: This guy generally isn't that big of a problem, unless it switches in on a Boil Over and gets burned, even still, Zapdos can take him on fairly easily.

Nattorei: Yup, I mentioned it before and this guy is a pain. All I really have for him is Superpower on Scizor, although I have yet to try using Focus Blast from Ludicolo on him. Generally I just have to power through him with resisted attacks...which is not fun.

Breloom: Not too hard to handle, Ludicolo usually will have to eat one Mach Punch, but can easy KO back with Ice Beam. Zapdos also walls him pretty nicely and can do some damage with HP Ice.

Tyranitar: Tyranitar really isn't a problem himself, it's more of the fact that he puts up sand. Everyone on my team bar Zapdos has something for him. Obviously the goal when facing him is to allow Politoed to out last Tyranitar.

Doryuuzu: Not surprising to see this guy right behind Tyranitar. Basically if he has sand he will wreck. If I have rain, he's useless. Once again I just have to kill off their weather inducer before he comes in.

Blaziken: Blaziken is pretty laughable when it comes to my team. Even if he protects to get a speed boost up, both my rain sweepers still outspeed after +1. If he is a baton passer, Vaporeon can easily roar him out.

Ditto: Ditto is annoying to say the least, but overall he hasnt given me too much grief. He may get one of my sweepers, but other than that he is usually worn down before he can do much else.

Jarooda: Jarooda is surprising simple for my team to take care of. He is more or less walled by Zapdos, and depending on how many boosts he has, Scizor can take an HP Fire in the rain and KO with BP.

Garchomp: This guy has a hard time against me. He has a hard time switching in against Politoed and Vap due to boiling water, Zapdos has HP Ice and Ludicolo has Ice Beam. If he is scarfed, Kingdra still outspeeds in the rain and can OHKO it, and I also have Scizor's priority for back up if need be.

Espeon: Annoying at best. The only thing it can reflect back is Politoed's hypnosis, and ideally he will be behind a sub.

Politoed: Not much to say here as it just means I'm facing another rain team. Zapdos, and Ludicolo can take care of him nicely.

Scizor: Scizor can't do much as most of my team resists bullet punch, U-Turn helps them keep momentum, but overall he hasn't been much of a hindrance.

Genosekuto: He can be annoying if he scarfed, considering the coverage he has. Once he is locked into something, Kindgra can come in and still outspeed him.

Zapdos: I have not really run into many opposing Zapdos, but my Zapdos can take a Thunder/Tbolt from him and then hit hard with an HP Ice. Also Ludicolo is neutral to most of the moves he generally packs, and can deal some damage with Ice Beam.

Dragonite: Not even close to a problem. Ludicolo's Ice Beam and Kingdra's Draco Meteor eat him for lunch.

Kingdra: I have yet to run into another Kingdra, but if I did it would most likely be against another rain team. It would probably come down to who's Kindgra is faster, but if they are physical and I get them locked into outrage, Scizor can handle him fairly nicely.

Gliscor: Once again not that much of an issue. Everyone on my team has something that can hit him super effectively except for Scizor. If he has a toxic orb, I will switch in Vaporeon when he flings it, basically making that turn useless.

Urugamosu: Very easy to take care of. Bug buzz can hurt, but his fire typing is downfall.

Heatran: Suffers the same fate as all the other fire types, utterly walled by most of my team, especially in the rain.

Ludicolo, give him HP Fighting or Fire over Substitute. Focus Blast is another option. Or Leech Seed. Depends on how much you hate Nattorei.
Consider giving Politoed Perish Song or Toxic over Substitute. If running Toxic, change Boiling Water to Surf.
Protect over Rest might be better, especially if you run toxic on some of your other pokemon.
Zapdos could have Toxic over Volt Change.

Toxic won't help getting rid of Nattorei, but it will help your team immensely. You will to rely on Scizor's Superpower, and Hidden Power Fighting.

Ludicolo, give him HP Fighting or Fire over Substitute. Focus Blast is another option. Or Leech Seed. Depends on how much you hate Nattorei.
Leech Seed definitely won't work.. Grass > Grass? HP[Fire] sucks on rain. Sub works better, trust me.

Kc, you love Toxic?

Toxic won't help getting rid of Nattorei, but it will help your team immensely. You will to rely on Scizor's Superpower, and Hidden Power Fighting.
Most likely, though Hypnosis and Encore will definitely ruin stupid Natty.

Toxic is probably less effective, since he has no hazards. I do love toxic, and toxic spikes, and always have a toxic spike absorber. Leech seed was not intended for Nattorei, but other pokemon, and increases Ludicolo's utility.

@Scary Balloons, you need hazards somewhere, especially if you take my previous advice and put toxic in your moveslot.

Toxic is probably less effective, since he has no hazards. I do love toxic, and toxic spikes, and always have a toxic spike absorber. Leech seed was not intended for Nattorei, but other pokemon, and increases Ludicolo's utility.
Hmm.. You love poison pokemon? Sounded like it was meant for natty.

Hey, not really a rate because I'm not too good with 5th gen atm, but the title made me laugh and I had to read it lol. I'd just suggest dropping Scizor's HP EVs down to 248 so you take less from entry hazards, which is a problem for it since you have no spinner and it's going to be U-turning out alot. Also, add enough speed EVs for Kingdra to outrun max speed Deoxys-S in the rain, I forget exactly how much it is but the speed number is 253 (253x2=506, Deoxys-S's max speed is 504).

Otherwise it looks like a good team, good luck!

First, I really think you should put Stealth Rock in somewhere. It's like a must-have for any team. That will require taking 1 poke out, though...

Hidden Power Fighting may seem an odd choice, but it has definitely netted me some surprise KOs on Tyranitar
For the record, STAB, x2 Hydro Pump > x4 HP Fighting, just so you know. HP Fighting for Nattorei sounds more reasonable...may wanna fix that description

Like kc4444 suggested, you might wanna put Focus Blast on Ludicolo to deal with Nattorei

For Zapdos, I think Substitute can be a choice over Volt Change. Substitute+Roost is a no-brainer. Volt Change doesn't affect ground types, so with it, things like Doryuuzu, Randorosu, Garchomp...will put you right at a disadvantage. Substitute also blocks status & leech seed, which can even help Zapdos beat Nattorei 1 on 1, as Nattorei has no recovery.

Thanks a bunch for the rates guys! I gave Ludicolo focus blast, which completely slipped my mind that he learned, changed Scizor's HP EVs, gave Kingdra more speed, and gave Zapdos substitute.

As far as hazards go, I'm not sure what to do about them, having at least stealth rock would be nice. One thing I have considered would be replacing someone, most likely scizor, with a lead Jirachi and leading with him. This would give me similar resistances to what scizor gave me, allow me to have someone to set up stealth rock, and let me have someone to trick a scarf onto Nattorei with, while maintaining scouting and revenging abilities with u-turn and scarf respectively. What do you guys think?

I'll test out some of these changes and see how things go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)