Banded Hihidaruma is a Monster

What's up Smogon, G Nubz here with another 5th Gen team, and this one is a bit more bulky than most of my teams. In the past, my teams have been pretty frail so I decided to try something different an go for a bulky offence. I've tried stall but never really liked it, so I decided to give bulky offence a try. This team has been working decently well on PO, but of course, it's not perfect. So without further adu, here it is.

First off, I wanted to try out Hihidaruma. It's 140 base attack plus a Choice Band and STAB Flare Blitz can destroy almost anything, and I've even seen it do around 60-75% on a Burungeru, which is shocking.

Now I needed some support, I needed something powerful to take out whatever Hihidaruma couldn't; and I wanted something a bit more bulky, but could still deal a lot of damage. Enter Roobushin.

At this point, I noticed I didn't have much to take out Ghost types and I knew they would give me trouble, even if they aren't as potent as in 4th Gen. Enter Zoroaaku. Zoroaaku works great with Roobushin, Zoroaaku has an immunity to Psychic.

Now I was having a bit of trouble with some bulky waters, since the defensive ones would still wall Hihidaruma and Roobushin couldn't do much, because of poor Special Defense. I needed a strong electric type, and Borutorosu was perfect.

These four fit together well, but I was still missing a revenge killer, and I decided to go with one of the most underrated revenge killers of 4th Gen, Choice Scarf Scizor. It catches so many people off guard, since they expect the Choice Band, it gets the kill almost every time.

Now I needed something with Stealth Rocks, but is bulky enough to take an attack and still do some damage. Gliscor was my man.

For a while, everything seemed to be working, but then I came across a Gliscor. I have no Water/Ice moves at all, and it took me out with ease. So I decided to give Suicune a try.

Type Chart

In-Depth

Gliscor (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 Atk / 40 Def / 216 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Aerial Ace

Role: Lead and Roobushin counter.

Moveset: Stealth Rock is pretty standard, not much to say about that. The attacking moves are a little different, but they cover most of OU. Taunt is for countering Roobushin, since it wouldn't be able to set up and Gliscor walls it to hell. Earthquake is pretty standard for Gliscor, again, not much to say about it. But Aerial Ace is an odd one. I use it as my Fighting type counter, since I have no Psychics and Kojondo could be a problem if it comes in at the right time. Plus, it provides a great STAB attack that hits whatever Earthquake doesn't.

Hihidaruma (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Encourage
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Flare Blitz
- U-Turn
- Superpower
- Rock Slide

Role: Monster (Revenge Killer for slower Pokemon, and late game sweeper).

Moveset: Flare Blitz is great on Hihidaruma, with the combination of STAB, 120 Base Power, 140 Base Attack, and Encourage boost, Hihidaruma can OHKO pretty much everything, even if it's not Super Effective. It even 2HKO'd a Burungeru and OHKO'd a Tentacruel. Hammer Arm is just for type coverage, and it works great. Rock Slide is for Flyers, which can be a pain in the long run. I would use Stone Edge, but the Choice Band and Encourage give it enough power that it's not needed. Finally, U-Turn is for scouting when I force the opponent to switch (like coming in on a Nattorei).

Zoroaaku (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Illusion
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Night Burst
- Focus Blast
- Grass Knot
- Flamethrower​

Role: Ghost and Psychic counter, along with playing mind games with the opponent.

Moveset: Night Burst is great with Zoroaaku, it's great STAB and if it doesn't kill, it has a chance to lower accuracy. Focus Blast is great type coverage, between Night Burst and Focus Blast, Zoroaaku can cover pretty much everything. Grass Knot is for bulky Water types, which could be annoying since Borutorosu was taken out. Flamethrower just coverss anything Grass Knot doesn't, and with the combination of these four moves, Zoroaaku gets at least neutral damage on everything.

Scizor (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Bullet Punch

Role: Revenge Killer.

Moveset: U-Turn is great for scouting, and an awesome STAB move which can still do a decent amount of damage. Pursuit traps Ghosts and Psychics, which like I said before, can give me trouble. Superpower hits everything wrong, and since Scizor has a Choice Scarf instead of Choice Band, it catches a lot of people off guard and OHKO/2HKO's them. Finally, Bullet Punch is Scizor's signature move, which still works great thanks to Technician.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Role: Bulky Water

Moveset: This moveset has been changed a lot, and I think I finally found one that works. Substitute and Calm Mind combo works wonders, then after +1 Suicune can come back and nail them with a Hydro Pump. I used to have Extrasensory on this as a Roobushin counter, but I figure a STAB +1 Hydro Pump should take it out anyway. Hidden Power [Electric] is for other Water types that love to come in on Suicune, like Starmie and comes back to OKHO after they break the substitute. Plus, after 1 Calm Mind, Suicune would most likely survive a non-STAB'd Thunderbolt which helps a lot in the long run

[No drawing?]
Roobushin (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 132 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Payback

Role: Work with Zoraaku along with extremely powerful Fighting type

Moveset: The Bulk Up - Drain Punch combination works wonders. Just when the opponent thinks he's going to take you out while you've been setting up, Roobushin comes back with a Drain Punch and gains most of its HP back. Mach Punch works for when the enemy has a Focus Sash, or when Drain Punch doesn't do enough by the smallest amount. Payback covers Ghosts and Psychics, which Mach Punch and Drain Punch won't do anything against.

Conclusion​
So far, this team has been working pretty well, but it's definitely not my best team, not even close, but that's why I posted it here. I'm hoping I can get this team up to one of my best, but it's still in the building process, so please give whatever help you can, and thanks for reading.

Hey your team seems to have a lot going for it but I would like to make a few suggestions.
I would first like to point out that you need to run more productive sets as it is all your pokemon run 252/252 EV spreads which is a major problem. For Gliscor change the set to this
Gliscor
Item-Leftovers
Nature-Jolly
EV's 252Hp 40Def 216Spe
Moves-Stealth Rock, Aerial Ace, Earthquake, Taunt

This Gliscor Spread will still deal some nice damage and happens to be faster then your current set. You need to drop Swords Dance as in this generation Gliscor won't have many chances to set up and do damage. Taunt is used instead to prevent you from being entry hazard fodder from the likes of Skarmory and Foretress. Roobushin and the like will also be unable to set up bulk up and what not because of taunt.

Your Roobushin spread is also easy KO bait for Special Attackers. Run the more defensive but longer living set like this
Roobushin
Item-Leftovers
Nature-Adamant
EV's 120Hp 252Atk 132SpDef
Moves-same as you listed for yours.
This set will take Special Attacks alot better and will allow Roob a few more chances to set up.

and finally Suicune is almost a lost cause with your current spread being set up bait for Substitute Jolteon and is easily ripped apart by Nattorei. It may be wise to run a set that I have found myself to be much more effective.
Suicune
Item-Leftovers
Nature-Timid
EV's 24Hp 252SpA 232Spe
Moves- Substitute, Calm Mind, Hydro Pump/Surf, Ice Beam/Hidden Power Electric

This Suicune rips apart teams if she can get a Sub and a Calm Mind, most dragons will take heavy damage from a calm mind boosted Hydro Pumpn/Surf so Hidden Power electric is useful for fighting off stupid things like Vaporeon and Burungeru. She also outspeeds Jolly Gyarados and will Proceed to OHKO with HP electric.

other than that I think the team has great potential, i'll rate more tomorrow as I am procrastinating an English Paper at the moment. Good Luck!
p.s Use Jolly Nature on CB Hihidaruma the extra speed is worth it seeing as Hihidaruma already has an insane 140 Base attack. Also on that note get rid of Earthquake and run U-Turn, U-Turn is very useful for scouting and Earthquake's coverage is redundent with Flare Blitz and Hammer Arm.

Banded Hihidaruma is a Monster
Hell yes!!!

It's Flare Blitz does 75%(more maybe) to bulky waters.

Holy F*ck dude.. I've been finding teams with this pokemon.
Very cool..

140 Base attack and 95 Base Speed is very scary. Slap in Choice Band, Encourage and 120 Base Power STAB attack. What do you have? A monster..
Yes, it is a monster, but sometimes it isn't. You know, when you're locked in a move and set up sweepers fuck you up. Like, in late-game, when you revenge someone with EQ and DDgyara sets up on you, you're done for good.

Choose something other than Gliscor to put up steal rock, as the Acrofling Poison Heal set is infinitely superior and you'll be doing far more sweeping with that set.

Suicune should be moer of a wall. I say either switch to Water Absorb and abuse Calm Mind with Boil Over, Ice Beam and HP Fire (for Nattorei). Or, use Restalk with Boil Over and Roar. This also gives you something to absorb sleep from Breloom and Darkrai.

Agreed, Roopushin needs SpD far more than it needs HP. Use my spread of 68 HP / 192 At / 248 SpD. It's fantastic. Attack of 400, you have a Lefties number, and enough SpD to survive Scarfdera Overheat. And because you won't actually be surviving any STAB Psychic attacks, use Stone Edge instead. Still KO's Gengar no problem and you can setup freely on Burungeru as well. Plus, it gives you something to attack fliers with.

Also consider a Naive nature on Zoroark and use Sucker Punch. It's super useful against weak scarf users as well as Latios. Can replace Grass Knot.

Just a small thing, but wouldn't Superpower be better than Hammer Arm on Hihidaruma? Just a thought, I guess it depends on what you want to be reduced after the attack.

earthquake and hammer arm are redundant coverage. you should swap hammer-arm for u-turn as it works great because hihi can scare off a lot of pokemon. if youre playing in dream world definitely stick with earthquake instead of hammer arm or superpower so that shandera cant kill you while taking no damage. also do u not know about encourage? because u dont mention it anywhere in your explanation of why hihi is a monster. it completely diminishes the "extra power" from stone edge over rockslide because after encourage rockslide is 97.5 basepower where stone edge is 100 and we all know how much stone edge misses so its never a better option with encourage.

Thanks for the rates.

@SilentRevolver
The Gliscor set seems pretty solid, I'll have to give it a try. Also, I was looking for a more Specially Defensive Roobushin, but wasn't sure about an EV spread. I'll try this one too. Finally, the Suicune set seems like it would work, but I need the moves I have, Extrasensory is my only Super Effective Roobushin counter, and Gliscor would take a while to take out Roobushin so I need that move.

@WoOoShoOo!!
I was thinking about that, but never exactly sure. I'll update the thread with U-Turn over Earthquake.

@Jaroda
This isn't a Dream World team, so Gliscor and Suicune wouldn't work. Roobushin is being tested with a different EV spread for more Special Defense, so I'll change it after testing. Finally, I find that a Timid nature for Zoroaaku works fine. If Latios comes in, it might be thinking that it is a Roobushin, so would go for the Psychic then get hit hard with a Night Burst.

@ScaryBalloons
Hammer Arm is working fine as of now.

@Mr.Senior
Earthquake and Hammer Arm are being changed, and I'm not playing in Dream World, which you can see because this thread does not have the Dream World tag in front of it. And I am aware of Encourage, just forgot about it while making the thread.

Switch Aerial Ace with Acrobat on Gliscor(110 BP), as there is a LOT of difference in BP between the two. HP Fighting is a great alternative over Focus Blast on Zoroark; since Focus Blast's accuracy can let you down frequently. As suggested by Jaroda, Poison Heal Gliscor has been released, so you might want to run Roost / Stealth Rock / Earthquake / Acrobat with a Toxic Orb and maybe some bulkier EV's.

I also suggest that you try CM Suicune with 252 Def 252 Spl Atk 4 HP running CM / HP Electric / Boiling Water / Ice Beam or Extrasensory, as with the added physical bulk you can take on BulkUp Roob much more efficiently, without having to waste a moveslot on Reflect.

You might want to run Scarf Hihidaruma, and run the classic SD Scizor set(SD / Bullet Punch / Brick Break / Bug Bite), since even though Band Hihidaruma has monstrous power, you are going to get outsped by a LOT of things.

Otherwise, this looks like a great team. Good luck!

have you considered life orb for hihidaruma...i have heard that encourage negates the recoil and you still get to switch moves...but i am not sure i have yet to check it out...

have you considered life orb for hihidaruma...i have heard that encourage negates the recoil and you still get to switch moves...but i am not sure i have yet to check it out...
It dose, I'm using it now. It's a monster with Nitro Charge.

Thanks for the rates.

I updated the thread with changes from the last couple rates.

@Jaroda
I wasn't aware of that, but thank you for letting me know, but I won't change Gliscor to Poison Heal because Stealth Rock is learned by TM, not level up.

@Calm Pokemaster
Acrobat only has 110 Base Power if the user is no long holding an item, and the Toxic Orb isn't a 1 use item, which is why it works with Fling. If Gliscor was holding a berry, and the berry was used, then Acrobat's power would be doubled. So for that reason, Aerial Ace will stay. As for Suicune, I'll give a Physically Defensive set a try, but so far, the set I have now has been working decently. Finally, Hihidaruma and Scizor will stay as is. They work great together, so I don't see a need to change them.

@ironman
Hihidaruma will not be switched to Life Orb.

I think he means that Superpower is good for nicking something once, and then playing Hit-and-Run with Hihidaruma. Damagewise, Superpower actually is better and has perfect accuracy, making it superior if you only use the attack once on a specific target.

Though honestly, I think you'd be spamming Flare Blitz most of the time anyway, so it's all a matter of preference in that regard.

Thanks for the rates.

@masterful & Colonel Darren
That's exactly why I'm not using Superpower, it undoes the boosts. But with Stealth Rocks doing 25% to Hihidaruma, I can't be playing hit-and-run too often. Like Colonel Darren said, it is only better if the attack is used once. So for that reason, Hammer Arm will stay over Superpower.

Poison Heal Gliscor is released.
roost is illegal with poison heal because roost is a 4th gen tm move. still viable but only double left overs and immunity to status over instant reovery.

It dose, I'm using it now. It's a monster with Nitro Charge.
nitro charge doesnt work with encourage. ive tried it several times and tested it and they cancel each other and nitro charge doesnt raise speed. life orb is still a viable item over choice band because itll still have a shit load of raw power with ability to change moves and no life orb recoil but the extra raw power could be appealing with the band.

Yes, although the advantage of Life Orb is the ability to switch attacks, but the raw power of Choice Band compared to Life Orb is.. Just.. It's very hard to switch in on Choice Band, Encourage and STAB 120 Base Power Flare Blitz from 140 Base Attack. Like I said, even bulky waters have a hard time switching in.

roost is illegal with poison heal because roost is a 4th gen tm move. still viable but only double left overs and immunity to status over instant reovery.
I'm aware Poison Heal isn't compatible with Roost or Stealth Rock. I was initially suggesting he switch to a Poison Heal set and use something else to use Stealth Rock.

Thanks for the rates.

@Mr.Senior
Life Orb was never an option for Hihidaruma, the Choice Band is staying.

@WoOoShoOo
As I said before, I don't really need to switch attacks much since I'm spamming Flare Blitz most of the time.

@Jaroda
I'm perfectly fine with something else setting up Stealth Rocks, but I'm not sure what.

Also, specs Solar Power Charizard using Overheat in the sun is scary, too since all 4 1.5x boosts make Overheat end up with 708.75 power and Fire Blast with 607.5 power which would hurt from Shuckle's special attack. Of course, banded Hihidaruma in the sun gets 351 power coming from a much more massive attacking stat.
Could you somehow make that type chart a little smaller? It is very hard to read the OP since the text is also stretched out. Then, the text barely fits onto my screen, so I have to scroll left and right to read it. Venser, I can read the type chart fine, it's just the one in the OP is a little too big so I have to scroll around the post to read the text, too. Thanks for trying to help, though.
I think you could run Vaporeon over Suicune. My spell check helpfully tried to turn "Suicune" into "Suicide." But I think Water Absorb would definitely help (if only Suicune was released in DW now), and Hihidaruma could definitely use some Wishes to help out with SR and Flare Blitz recoil. It would also give Vaporeon a somewhat reliable recovery move. Unfortunately, Vaporeon doesn't learn Calm Mind, so the best you could do is Cheer Up/Acid Armor. Also, mentioning Cheer Up, Baton Passing just one to your Hihidaruma means it could kill just about everything in sight with Flare Blitz except for some of those defensive rock types like Relicanth and Regirock and Flash Fire pokemon. Cheer Up allows Vaporeon to use it while Vaporeon is still in. However, Suicune can usually take out Water types without Water Absorb.

Also, specs Solar Power Charizard using Overheat in the sun is scary, too since all 4 1.5x boosts make Overheat end up with 708.75 power and Fire Blast with 607.5 power which would hurt from Shuckle's special attack. Of course, banded Hihidaruma in the sun gets 351 power coming from a much more massive attacking stat.
uhmm.. it doesnt seem like you have a grasp of what things get boosted by 1.5. overheat is boosted by stab, and the sun, hitting for 315 base power. charizards special attack stat is boosted by specs and solar power. to think you actually believed a 4x resisted overheat would hit for about 175 power makes me laugh.

What's up Smogon, G Nubz here with another 5th Gen team, and this one is a bit more bulky than most of my teams. In the past, my teams have been pretty frail so I decided to try something different an go for a bulky offence. I've tried stall but never really liked it, so I decided to give bulky offence a try. This team has been working decently well on PO, but of course, it's not perfect. So without further adu, here it is.

First off, I wanted to try out Hihidaruma. It's 140 base attack plus a Choice Band and STAB Flare Blitz can destroy almost anything, and I've even seen it do around 60-75% on a Burungeru, which is shocking.

Now I needed some support, I needed something powerful to take out whatever Hihidaruma couldn't; and I wanted something a bit more bulky, but could still deal a lot of damage. Enter Roobushin.

At this point, I noticed I didn't have much to take out Ghost types and I knew they would give me trouble, even if they aren't as potent as in 4th Gen. Enter Zoroaaku. Zoroaaku works great with Roobushin, Zoroaaku has an immunity to Psychic.

Now I was having a bit of trouble with some bulky waters, since the defensive ones would still wall Hihidaruma and Roobushin couldn't do much, because of poor Special Defense. I needed a strong electric type, and Borutorosu was perfect.

These four fit together well, but I was still missing a revenge killer, and I decided to go with one of the most underrated revenge killers of 4th Gen, Choice Scarf Scizor. It catches so many people off guard, since they expect the Choice Band, it gets the kill almost every time.

Now I needed something with Stealth Rocks, but is bulky enough to take an attack and still do some damage. Gliscor was my man.

For a while, everything seemed to be working, but then I came across a Gliscor. I have no Water/Ice moves at all, and it took me out with ease. So I decided to give Suicune a try.

Type Chart

In-Depth

Gliscor (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 Atk / 40 Def / 216 Spd
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Aerial Ace

Role: Lead and Roobushin counter.

Moveset: Stealth Rock is pretty standard, not much to say about that. The attacking moves are a little different, but they cover most of OU. Taunt is for countering Roobushin, since it wouldn't be able to set up and Gliscor walls it to hell. Earthquake is pretty standard for Gliscor, again, not much to say about it. But Aerial Ace is an odd one. I use it as my Fighting type counter, since I have no Psychics and Kojondo could be a problem if it comes in at the right time. Plus, it provides a great STAB attack that hits whatever Earthquake doesn't.

Hihidaruma (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Encourage
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Flare Blitz
- U-Turn
- Hammer Arm
- Rock Slide

Role: Monster (Revenge Killer for slower Pokemon, and late game sweeper).

Moveset: Flare Blitz is great on Hihidaruma, with the combination of STAB, 120 Base Power, 140 Base Attack, and Encourage boost, Hihidaruma can OHKO pretty much everything, even if it's not Super Effective. It even 2HKO'd a Burungeru and OHKO'd a Tentacruel. Hammer Arm is just for type coverage, and it works great. Rock Slide is for Flyers, which can be a pain in the long run. I would use Stone Edge, but the Choice Band and Encourage give it enough power that it's not needed. Finally, U-Turn is for scouting when I force the opponent to switch (like coming in on a Nattorei).

Zoroaaku (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Illusion
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Night Burst
- Focus Blast
- Grass Knot
- Flamethrower​

Role: Ghost and Psychic counter, along with playing mind games with the opponent.

Moveset: Night Burst is great with Zoroaaku, it's great STAB and if it doesn't kill, it has a chance to lower accuracy. Focus Blast is great type coverage, between Night Burst and Focus Blast, Zoroaaku can cover pretty much everything. Grass Knot is for bulky Water types, which could be annoying since Borutorosu was taken out. Flamethrower just coverss anything Grass Knot doesn't, and with the combination of these four moves, Zoroaaku gets at least neutral damage on everything.

Scizor (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Bullet Punch

Role: Revenge Killer.

Moveset: U-Turn is great for scouting, and an awesome STAB move which can still do a decent amount of damage. Pursuit traps Ghosts and Psychics, which like I said before, can give me trouble. Superpower hits everything wrong, and since Scizor has a Choice Scarf instead of Choice Band, it catches a lot of people off guard and OHKO/2HKO's them. Finally, Bullet Punch is Scizor's signature move, which still works great thanks to Technician.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Role: Bulky Water

Moveset: This moveset has been changed a lot, and I think I finally found one that works. Substitute and Calm Mind combo works wonders, then after +1 Suicune can come back and nail them with a Hydro Pump. I used to have Extrasensory on this as a Roobushin counter, but I figure a STAB +1 Hydro Pump should take it out anyway. Hidden Power [Electric] is for other Water types that love to come in on Suicune, like Starmie and comes back to OKHO after they break the substitute. Plus, after 1 Calm Mind, Suicune would most likely survive a non-STAB'd Thunderbolt which helps a lot in the long run

[No drawing?]
Roobushin (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 132 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Payback

Role: Work with Zoraaku along with extremely powerful Fighting type

Moveset: The Bulk Up - Drain Punch combination works wonders. Just when the opponent thinks he's going to take you out while you've been setting up, Roobushin comes back with a Drain Punch and gains most of its HP back. Mach Punch works for when the enemy has a Focus Sash, or when Drain Punch doesn't do enough by the smallest amount. Payback covers Ghosts and Psychics, which Mach Punch and Drain Punch won't do anything against.

Conclusion
So far, this team has been working pretty well, but it's definitely not my best team, not even close, but that's why I posted it here. I'm hoping I can get this team up to one of my best, but it's still in the building process, so please give whatever help you can, and thanks for reading.

I think I remember playing you on PO. You weren't using this team, but possibly a variation of it. I recall it being a good game with me barely pulling out a win. There are a few things you could do with this team in order to make it more effective in my eyes.

First, Gliscor. While Aerial Ace does hit Fighting-types slightly harder, it's not a big enough difference to warrant it over Stone Edge in my eyes. EQ hits almost as hard. 60x1=90 90x2 = 180. 100x1.5 = 150. Only a 30 BP difference. Also, with all the Bulk Ups Roobushin will carry, you can't rely on any physical attack to "counter" it. Eventually, it will be able to Bulk Up enough so that Drain Punch can effectively recover the damage lost from Aerial Ace. In that light, I'd suggest running Stone Edge over Aerial Ace simply for EdgeQuake coverage, and a way to hit Gyarados, Zapdos, lead Borutorosu (although you shouldn't stay in due to HP Ice), Dory (to break Balloon), and a lot of other fliers.

Next, Hihidaruma. Slap a Scarf on. It allows you to check a lot more stuff, like ScarfTar, Darkrai, Skymin, Shaymin, Heatran, Dory out-of-sand, etc. The main reason I run Scarf on my Hihidaruma is because it's simply too fragile to run band. Any hit from a focused EV spread and stab will do 70-80%, oftentimes KOing after Stealth Rock. On that note, I've found Scarf Hihidaruma to be far superior, as it can successfully hit-n-run kill stuff. The drop in power from band only affects it in the sense that it can't 2HKO bulky defensive waters. It still easily 3KOs most bulky waters, and never underestimate the power of STAB 120 base power Flare Blitz combined with a pseudo-Life Orb boost in the form of Encourage coming off of base 140 attack. Basically, with entry hazards and support, Scarf Hihidaruma is a faster glass cannon that can revenge kill and still smack switchins.

For Scizor, run a Banded set. It's more effective, more bulky than Hihi, can switch in on more, now OHKOs with Pursuit, and priority Bullet Punch is going to hit a hell of a lot harder. Basically you're switching your roles - from Band Hihi and ScarfZor to Scarfed Hihidaruma and BandZor. In my eyes, a much more standard setup. For your Suicune, I'd suggest running Rest over Substitute. In the late-game, this allows your Suicune to rest off any status after you've boosted up and taken residual damage, then finish your sweep. You could even run a gimmicky - yet surprising + effective Rest-Chesto Cune. Just for the lolz. For Rooby, run Stone Edge over Payback. Most of the things you're going to be hitting with Payback (Rank, Gengar, Burungeru, other frail Ghost-types and Psychics) are defensively frail, and are taken out easily by a boosted Stone Edge. One last advantage of Stone Edge over payback is that it prevents SubRoost Zapdos and DD Gyarados from scaring you out and setting up. You can Stone Edge as they attempt to set up and OHKO.

Lookin' like a good team! I wish you the best of luck.

Also, please check out my team in my signature. I'd love a rate on that.

^Why are you multiplying Stone Edge by 1.5? Gliscor does not get STAB on it. When it comes to hitting Roopushin Aerial Ace is 180 BP and Stone Edge is only 100.

But again, this is why for attacking purposes Acrofling is tops.

If you want to keep Gliscor and you want a different lead that can lay down rocks you can use Azelf, Aerodactyl, Iwapressu, Gigaisu, Swampert, Empoleon, Infernape, etc.

^Why are you multiplying Stone Edge by 1.5? Gliscor does not get STAB on it. When it comes to hitting Roopushin Aerial Ace is 180 BP and Stone Edge is only 100.

But again, this is why for attacking purposes Acrofling is tops.

If you want to keep Gliscor and you want a different lead that can lay down rocks you can use Azelf, Aerodactyl, Iwapressu, Gigaisu, Swampert, Empoleon, Infernape, etc.

I'm multiplying EQ by 1.5. I was referring to how Aerial Ace = 180 and EQ = 150 thus the extra 30 BP is not worth a move slot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)