The battle timer

The timer should be fixed in the next update of PO. 5 minutes is more than enough to decide what you're going to do next turn, and it resets each turn! Trolls can sit down, take a bathroom break, or whatever they want, and as long as they're back in 5 minutes, they can enrage you until you forfiet as they want to get on with their lives. I may not have any say in the next update officially, but if any of the people that are working on PO see this thread, I propose that the timer was like it was in Pokemon Lab, where you have 6 minutes to decide all your moves throughout the battle. Thanks for listening to my rant guys. :D

Super

This space for rent
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
First of all, Pokelab didn't have a fixed timer for the whole battle. The original 5 minutes was what we call an initial pool, which indeed was fixed. After you ran out of that though, you would have additional 3 "pools" of time, each 30 seconds in our implementation. If you waited past those 30 seconds, you'd lose that pool and the next one would start counting down. Making a move would reset the current pool back to 30, but not get you back any of the old time you lost.

Second, we're not the creators of Pokemon Online, so we don't work on new features. We simply reset the server. You should forward any suggestions over to http://pokemon-online.eu/

This has already been suggested a lot on the Pokemon Online forums and the developers are going to leave it as it is.

I also hate the timer, but for different reasons than previously stated. The timer never seems to go anywhere. It just doesn't count down.
On the topic of PL: I wasn't a fan of that. As the timer never regenerated, you had almost no time to think about your moves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)