Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Just have a few questions. I think I asked something similar before, but I just want to get a 100% definite answer.

I am trying to hatch a shiny Beldum. I've calibrated my egg frame to be 10. I've tried several seeds and the issue persists.

The issue is thus:

When I try to hit my initial frame, frame 10, I hit 11. So I changed my target seed around to try 11 (because it happened 2-3 times in a row). When I tried hatching on 11, I hit frame 10. Again, I did this several times in a row to confirm, and was consistently hitting the frame opposite from what I want.

My initial journal page has not changed across any of these, and I'm using my initial frame as my target so I'm not advancing the RNG before collecting the egg. In addition, I don't see anyone in Solaceon moving at all.

So my questions are thus:

1.) Is it a known factor that the frame can move around randomly?

2.) Could it have to do with my current roamers - moltres, zapdos, mesprit, cresselia? I am in Platinum, and I thought that the frame is set to advance 1 per roamer instead of the random increases in HGSS.

3.) If it's not a known factor, what in the world is going on with my frame, and can I do anything to consistently hit the frame I want?

This has been an issue for a few days, and I really want to be done with this freaking Beldum. Any help would be appreciated.

After using the Elm Response tab in RNG Reporter, I am a bit confused by the frame that shows up right after. It brought me up to Frame 4372 and says the Elm is "E" for Evolution. I called him and it was in fact "E" response, and the one after it should be "K". Now if I want to hit Frame 4376 using Sweet Scent, what Frame do I need to be on?
(My Sweet Scent advances by 2)

Frame 4374 is "P"
Frame 4375 is "K"
Frame 4376 is "P"

To be really clear, what should the response of Elm be for the final time I should call him before Sweet Scenting? If it is "P", should it be Frame 4374 or 4376? THANK YOU!!
If your target frame is 4376 and you are sure SS advance the freame by 2 than
4376-2 =frame 4374
you need you to SS at that frame

Alright, I'm trying to RNG Abuse roamers on my Soul Silver. I'm reading Sixfortyfive and Destiny100's methods, and I have a question. If I only KO Latios, and have the other roamers roaming around, what frame will Latios be on?

Gahagan said:
2.) Could it have to do with my current roamers - moltres, zapdos, mesprit, cresselia? I am in Platinum, and I thought that the frame is set to advance 1 per roamer instead of the random increases in HGSS.
Kill off the roamers, they will respawn after defeating the Elite Four (correct me if I'm wrong). So, you're in Time Finder of RNG reporter, and you find a seed you want, right? The seed says a frame of 10? If so, advance the frame to 8 after verifying that you hit your delay and seconds. Then, ride around, REJECT the first egg, and take the second egg.

To anyone who has caught a flawless Adamant Scizor in BCC:

What seed, delay, and frame did you use?? I'm killing myself trying to get this!
:(((

Look at my BCC Scyther's IVs. Put that into PokeRNG and look at the one with ability 1. That should give you the seed, delay, and frame. For a low frame (not below 30), put the max delay 5000. I don't remember the seed and I'm using another computer that doesn't have my jotted notes down.

Sorry Chrono, I should have specified. I'm RNGing for IVs, not PID.
Alright, so you saved in front of the man? You're target frame is 10? Call Elm 9 times, and quickly back out and as quick as possible pick up the egg, to prevent NPC movement to fuck up the frame.

Also it's Platinum.

Basically what I'm doing is this:

Fire up zomgtimer.
Soft reset.
Wait to hit delay.
Hit delay.
Hit start to close journal as fast as possible.
Collect egg.

I have calibrated my initial egg frame, and it's been both 10 and 11. When I have a spread that requires an even frame I hit 11, and when I have an odd frame I hit 10. It has happened all the time, and I'm past the point where I think I'm just unlucky.

Also it's Platinum.

Basically what I'm doing is this:

Fire up zomgtimer.
Soft reset.
Wait to hit delay.
Hit delay.
Hit start to close journal as fast as possible.
Collect egg.

I have calibrated my initial egg frame, and it's been both 10 and 11. When I have a spread that requires an even frame I hit 11, and when I have an odd frame I hit 10. It has happened all the time, and I'm past the point where I think I'm just unlucky.
I'm not sure what you mean by calibrating initial egg frame? What you're doin, in your steps up top, appears to be correct. I'm not one of the experts that usually answers here, sorry. If you VM me, I may be able to help a bit more? I guess I don't know what you're saying exactly

Look at my BCC Scyther's IVs. Put that into PokeRNG and look at the one with ability 1. That should give you the seed, delay, and frame. For a low frame (not below 30), put the max delay 5000. I don't remember the seed and I'm using another computer that doesn't have my jotted notes down.
Is there no flawless Scizor I can use to find a seed and frame?
:/

There's no flawless adamant spread in 4th gen. There's near flawless, but not actually flawless. I have a Method J spread that's 31/31/31/17/31/31 adamant, second ability if you want it. I used it to get my Horsea.

And I need a bit of help. So I have a shiny timid Magnemite with Magnet Pull sitting in the Daycare on my Platinum. . . however, I'm unable to find a good IV spread. I want HP Fire, base power 70. All of Parent A's IVs are unusable, besides its attack IV of 14, and Parent B is a flawless Ditto. I can use a timer to hit high delays, but I use RNG Reporter on Mac so I'm unable to search for high-delay spreads. If someone could post the seed, IV spread, frame, date, and time of one with HP Fire 70, that would be soooooooo helpful. I would need an even frame, 4 or above. If anyone can find me one, thank you sooooo much.

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
There's no flawless adamant spread in 4th gen. There's near flawless, but not actually flawless. I have a Method J spread that's 31/31/31/17/31/31 adamant, second ability if you want it. I used it to get my Horsea.

And I need a bit of help. So I have a shiny timid Magnemite with Magnet Pull sitting in the Daycare on my Platinum. . . however, I'm unable to find a good IV spread. I want HP Fire, base power 70. All of Parent A's IVs are unusable, besides its attack IV of 14, and Parent B is a flawless Ditto. I can use a timer to hit high delays, but I use RNG Reporter on Mac so I'm unable to search for high-delay spreads. If someone could post the seed, IV spread, frame, date, and time of one with HP Fire 70, that would be soooooooo helpful. I would need an even frame, 4 or above. If anyone can find me one, thank you sooooo much.

to be fair, you could get a chained shiny flawless adamant. you'd need to do it in DPPt, though.

Ok i've decided that i want to get a shiny Latias on my Heartgold instead of SS. I haven't actually got the Latios yet but this timer that toast gave me is extremly useful(I've been getting real close to my delay. Thanks Toast :D

Just to make sure I understand how to rng for roamers.

So I save infront of Lance one step before the auto walk and check where the other roamers are. Then try and hit my seed and then battle him?

If that is correct then i just haveone last question. Does battling him or anything after that advance the frames?

Ok i've decided that i want to get a shiny Latias on my Heartgold instead of SS. I haven't actually got the Latios yet but this timer that toast gave me is extremly useful(I've been getting real close to my delay. Thanks Toast :D

Just to make sure I understand how to rng for roamers.

So I save infront of Lance one step before the auto walk and check where the other roamers are. yesThen try and hit my seed and then battle him?yes, your must verify your time/delay via Roamer method, and you will need to advance your frame via Radio with the lavander town upgrade

If that is correct then i just haveone last question. Does battling him or anything after that advance the frames? It how you look at it.
Since youre going for latias, latias have a frame of 1. But since the other roamer(s) are roaming they will advance the frame 1~3frame. When you save in front of lance, you will need to input the location of the other roamers in the rngreporter to be accurate.

Once you via your seed via Roamer and its right its

Target frame -(roaming pokemon advancing frames)-1
Im going to sleep now, more information is available in OmegaDount post in the first page or you can ask here again

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
@Timeneon:
In Gen III, there's no delay / seed, it's only frames. And they advance at ~60Hz. You can hit odd / even frames on any game, it just depends when you press the button.
If you're doing it on an emulator the Frame Advance button can be very useful.

I'm confused on my DS setup time. (Still on ID abuse btw)

This is what I have so far on my Pika Timer:

Calibrated Delay 498 Wanted Delay:7010

Calibrated Second:14? Wanted Second: 14

First Timer:71.47 Second Timer: 122.53 (Roughly 3 minutes)

My target delay 7010 lies on 11:03:14. I'm pretty confused on this whole thing. When I tried I got seconds that were way off. The only thing I found was that my delays were even which isn't much. So long story short, how far back should my DS clock go?

.com

Grumpy old man
Your DS clock should go back 3 monutes before your target minute.
You should also add ~half a second to your first timer. You're presently aiming for the exact start of the 14th second. If you add half a second, you give yourself a bit of leeway on the seconds at least (won't change the delay).

Having problem rng'ing Spirtomb(in platinum)
seed :8303063c

My rng process is being ruined by npcs
the npc guide said there was 1 npc by the hollow tower. So I saved by the breeder and register the vs seeker so when I enter the world, I can quickly slow its movement. Well, I did this several times and verify my seed and when I tried to rng it, the frames were off by a huge amount 11~235. I also tried this by the hollow tower itself and still was off.

Any tips/helpful solutions?

Also on a side note
Can you use Pokerng seeds for emerald? Because I have been reading the emerald rng guide for days and I seen that it stated that the seed was always 0.

.com

Grumpy old man
@DarkChaos:
There's an old version of PokéRNG for Emerald, should be linked on the same page that you downloaded the other one from. (First page of this thread, first post, under "Wichu's RNG program".

No idea for the other bit I'm afraid, NPCs have always been friends to me, no problems with frame advancements so far.

Is there no flawless Scizor I can use to find a seed and frame?
:/
Not for BCC Scyther. I've tried but none of them turn out to be Scyther, but stupid Butterfrees-Pokes that don't need Adamant nature.
Here's the seed I used: 1d130f57

Although something is really bugging me... I thought my frame was 144 but RNG reporter tells me it's 143. Which comes to this: Does sweet scenting in Desmume advance it by 1 or 2? I forgot but I surely remember it was 2 advancements. I even tested out a savestate I had for BCC Scyther, was at frame 142, sweet scented, and still got the shiny scyther. (Which should have been 144 but RNG reporter says 143)

What also convinces me was when I found out way back when I did this when riddlinkid told me the frame was 144, which I agreed on. (A discussion I found)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 25)