Moody

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate this fucking trollish ability. But I was lurking around serebii and have come up with an idea! What about this Counter:

Jalorda @ Leftovers / Focus Sash
Pervesity

GASTRO ACID
Leaf Storm
Coil
Dragon Tail / Aerial Ace

Gastro Acid nulifies the effect of inconsistent. If an evasion boost has already been granted, Coil will help Dragon Tail to effectively Phaze it...
i dont understand good sir i know i;m missing the point but ah coil dont look too sexy on this guy

Guys, isn't it obvious? That set prevents Inconsistant from trolling you by trolling yourself first. I mean, why worry about the opponent getting + 2 Evasion if you can -1 Accuracy yourself?

See here buddy.If I have to use something as absurd as gastro-acid jalorda,JUST to counter inconsistent then that means it is overcentralizing.No? Please don't bring up stuff like Choice Sarf-blah-blah-blah,because they arent there specifically for one Pokemon they actually serve to counter a wide portion of the metagame which you stand to get swept by without a Scarf'er.

take a look at the typical Inconsistent Pokemon,
Octillary/Smeargle.

The odds are always in their favour they merely have to stall until they get
+6 Evasion/Def/+6SpAtk then own you. You're always playing catchup. you folks find DT troublesome? Try +2 Evasion boosts for size :<

breh

強いだね
Gastro Acid is blocked by Substitute. Nice try but sorry.

Also lol coil on Jalorda

Otherwise I still do not understand why people are clamoring so much for a counter to Inconsistent. I realize it's broken but realistically the best thing you can do is use Tech Breloom or Cloyster. Anything that can break the sub while doing major damage works really.

well i mean gastro acid pretty good but the coil through me for a loop and a half, i think gastro acid pretty good as long as you can get it off before they sub

Coil would be the option to raise accurancy so that dragon tail is more likely to hit and phaze. I'm pretty sure I explained that :pirate:

The point is, since sub blocks gastro acid, my thesis is broken.

Gastro Acid is blocked by Substitute. Nice try but sorry.

Also lol coil on Jalorda

Otherwise I still do not understand why people are clamoring so much for a counter to Inconsistent. I realize it's broken but realistically the best thing you can do is use Tech Breloom or Cloyster. Anything that can break the sub while doing major damage works really.

Explain me how Cloyster and Breelom will deal with +2 Evasion.

Praying to Arceus for the hit?

Well, you are going to win 6/7+1/7*1/2= 92% of the time. Better than Focus Blast :P

Edit:

But Coil would lower your accuracy, attack, and defense...
Not always a hit will be sufficient to break the sub, sometimes, even two won't be enough.

About Coil: Forgot to change the ability. Overgrow would be the choice.

In all honesty the best way to cripple them / kill is either hit hard and fast or just encore or taunt those to me just seem the simplest way to solve the problem with out inconvenecing your team and negating other current meta problems

breh

強いだね
Explain me how Cloyster and Breelom will deal with +2 Evasion.

Praying to Arceus for the hit?
Assuming you get +2 evasion and a raise to another stat as they protect (let's assume evasion for your example) you have a 50% chance to fail. That's at the very worst.

Realistically, it's most likely that Bullet Seed / Icicle Spear (yes Icicle spear will break the sub if there is no def. boost) will hit and will break the sub. TBH against things like Breloom, I would usually switch if I didn't have enough boosts.

You have to remember that Inconsistent is also a gambit for the user. Relying on a 50% chance (at the very, very best) to not fail for one turn is a very poor strategy.

Woo hoo! Banned!

It's a great day for competitive pokemon.
Smogon just got that much more ridiculous.
Seriously guys, Inconsistent is really no help at all. I fail to see it very often in the high ranks of the ladder and when I do it just means my opponent has a deadweight Pokemon. Yeah, let's ban THIS. >_>

Woo hoo! Banned!

It's a great day for competitive pokemon.

I agree.

Sandstreamer@ Just because you don't see something used at the top level of play doesn't mean its not broken. Inconsistent basically turned the game into a bunch of coin flips where you can either get all the boosts you need and sweep the opponent, or you might not and not sweep. You have no control over what it choses. Wobbuffet is actually the same way in how despite it not being used much, its still completely rediclous and should be gotten rid of.

Smogon just got that much more ridiculous.
Seriously guys, Inconsistent is really no help at all. I fail to see it very often in the high ranks of the ladder and when I do it just means my opponent has a deadweight Pokemon. Yeah, let's ban THIS. >_>
Well,
If it's a good player,gg.
If he gets too many good boosts,gg.
If he manages to BP it to a Simple mon,gg.

Basically,it makes the game WAY too luck-based.
You can only win with luck.

its a cool concept but it has its broken moments but in my most honest opion its 50 50 if you allow it to grow there is no stoping it, i guess inconsistant in eyes of smogon is cancer

This is INCREDIBLY gimmicky, but a good counter to +6 evasion with inconsistent is Mind Reader + Force Palm (Smeargle) or Mind Reader + Seed Bomb (Octillery) TechnicianBreloom@ Focus Sash. Either the Inconsistent poke stays in and gets KO'd the next turn or switches out and looses their boost. It may not be entirely broken, but it works. Inconsistent Smeargle running max speed and Spore is one counter I can think of, but I can't think of much else with Inconsistent that can beat this.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
How exactly would that Breloom beat any of the Inconsistent Pokemon? They can simply just Sub on either turn causing you to use Mind Reader again or break their Sub while they get another boost.

How exactly would that Breloom beat any of the Inconsistent Pokemon? They can simply just Sub on either turn causing you to use Mind Reader again or break their Sub while they get another boost.

Well you are correct there... I guess because of the luck of Inconsistent, you just gotta hope they lose evasion on either of the two turns I guess.

Also, something I didn't notice before, Bullet Seed should be used over Seed Bomb, so it breaks the sub the 1st hit and keeps on hitting for 1-4 more hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)