The UU team...that can compete with OU

Hello Smogeners, and welcome to my first RMT! Here, you will rate my team, tell me what's wrong with it, etc. I'm new to this, so forgive me if I don't follow proper procedure. Anyways, let's get on with it. By the way, this is a 5th gen team, just thought you'd like to know.

Ambipom (M) @ Silk Scarf Trait: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Fake Out
- Taunt
- Double Hit
- U-turn

We've gotta start somewhere right? This is Ambipom, one
of my favorite Pokemon. Now to start off, I have
Ambipom use Fake out, unless it's a ghost type. If the other Pokemon doesn't resist it, it will usually do a good
amount of damage. From
there, I have Ambipom use Double Hit, which will either kill, or come close to killing the opposite pokemon. When the next Poke switches in, I use U-Turn, and switch in for
my next pokemon, which is...

Donphan (M) @ Custap Berry Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

- Rapid Spin
- Stone Edge

My entryhazspinner! First off I use Stealth Rock, and then I attack using whatever move is best. After that, I usually switch him out for another pokemon, and bring it back whenever I need to spin off hazards. That's really it for Donphan, which brings us to our next Pokemon...

Venomoth (F) @ Leftovers Trait: Tinted Lens
EVs: 6 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Butterfly Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Sludge Bomb

My first sweeper on my team! Venomoth has won me so many games. First off is butterfly dance, unless the enemy Pokemon is in need of immediate killing. Usually two is enough, then it goes on a Vena-rampage. It will usually kill most things, unless it's that blasted Skarmory (By god I hate it.). It's also a toxic spikes absorber, which is nice. Any-who, onto my next Pokemon.

Tangrowth (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regeneration
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Psych Up
- Sleep Powder
- Earthquake
- Power Whip

My wall, and what a glorious wall it is. "Psych Up? But nobody uses Psych Up you noob!" Meh. What can I say, it works. Say there's a Gyarados right? I switch in Tangrowth here, and a +2 Dragon danced ice fang will not kill it. Not even joking. So while this Gyarados decides to Ice Fang Tangrowth, Tangrowth uses Sleep Powder. If it hopefully hits, Tangrowth can steal that dragon dance boost, and then kill Gyarados. Simple as pie. That's how I
use Tangrowth for most Pokemon. Next...

Feraligatr (F) @ Life Orb Trait: Encourage
EVs: 252 Atk / 6 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Crunch

This thing is a freaking beast. It serves a sweeper role, but it's pretty darn defensive too. First of is Dragon Dance of course, and then we chose the appropriate move for the appropriate situation. Simple. And since Encourage negates life orb, hey, why not use it? It's pretty awesome to say the least. Anyway, for my final pokemon...

Mismagius (F) @ Leftovers Trait: Levitate
EVs: 6 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Do you think I have too many sweepers on my team? Hmm. Anyway, I needed a ghost type, because there are too many Hi-Jump Kicks going after my Ambipom. I chose Mismagius, because it's pretty darn fast, and has a great special attack stat. After a substitute and a nasty plot or two, it can pretty much get rid of everything in it's way. So...I guess that's it. Remember this is an UU team for OU. Don't question why I'm using UU in OU. Don't hate, just freaking rate.

+1 Urugamoth with Butterfly Dance, Gale (Hurricane or Windstorm are its other names), Fire Blast/ Flamethrower and Bug buzz would tear through your team, as not a single poke resists it or has super effective priority. I would suggest replacing it with:

Azumarill@Choice Band
Adamant
252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4 Def
Huge Power
-Aqua Jet
-Waterfall
-Ice Punch
-Superpower

This gives you a way to take out Urugamoth, and also Sazandora is quite a large threat to your team, so I would suggest replacing Stone Edge with Ice Shard on Donphan so you might be able to revenge kill it after its taken some prior damage. All in all good team though! I doubt Feraligatr is going to be UU this gen with Encourage; its so powerful!

Your Mismagius would make MUCH better use of those Butterfly Dances than Venomoth itself. Definitely add Baton Pass to it. Probably the best recipient of Butterfly Dance though is Nidoking. It flat out rips teams to shreds with it's amazing coverage and power.

Tried Butterfly Dance Venomoth, works beautifully, also gave Tangrowth a relaxed nature and gave it Giga Drain instead of Power Whip.

If you're competing with OU teams and Ttar is a worry, then give Ambi Low Kick. It Dominates lead-tars after Fake Out damage. My ambi is adamant with life orb tho so it won't be as powerful for yours.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)