4th Generation Shoddy Team

Hello! I have decided to participate in another metagame besides the always-used OU. I find that the Uber metagame has more excitement, so here is my team directed towards Ubers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deoxys-A (The Leading Sweep) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 Atk
Nature: Naive
- Stealth Rock
- Extremespeed
- Grass Knot
- Signal Beam

My Stealth Rock lead. Most would use Deoxys-S due to its superior speed, but Deoxys-A has one major Advantage over Deoxys-S: It can actually be an immediate threat as a lead due to its gargantuan Atk and Special Atk. It is able to OHKO and 2HKO Groudon and Kyogre with Grass Knot, respectively. Stealth Rock is for the obvious extra damage to switch-ins, especially Ho-Oh. Signal Beam is able to dent Darkrai leads without Choice Scarf. It is also used to damage Mew and Mewtwo. The Signal Beam and Extremespeed combo can destroy Focus Sash Deoxys-s leads.

---

Kyogre (The SpA Beast!) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 Spe, 252 SpA, 4 HP
Nature: Modest
- Water Spout
- Thunder
- Surf
- Ice Beam

Kyogre is darn right deadly. A Blissy with 252 SpD would result a 2HKO! Since Choice Specs is equiped, any Latias and Latios dare to get in way of Kyogre would face a 1 or 2HKO by Ice Beam. Not even a Palkia would dare to face Kyogre for Thunder with Choice Specs. Groudon would most likely switch into Kyogre though. Surf takes care of Pokemon by hitting most Ubers for Neutral damage after Kyogre loses its HP.

---

Lugia (The Wall) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP, 64 Def, 192 Spe
Nature: Timid
- Whirlwind
- Toxic
- Reflect
- Roost

Lugia is sure to be "The Wall" due to its whopping 313 Base Def and 344 SpD. If it ever gets weakened and I still need more protection, Roost is my plaster. It can take away its Flying typing and not take too much damage from the plethora of Ice Beams running around. Whirlwind is my answer to those who boost their stats multiple times (mainly Physical Sweepers). Reflect halves damage from Physical Attacks and is the reason why Lugia is called "The Wall."

---

Manaphy (The Glow) @ Life Orb
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 SpA, 176 Spe, 80 HP
Nature: Timid
- Tail Glow
- Surf
- Rest
- Ice Beam

The other Special Sweeper. With Tail Glow boosting its decent SpA, it is able to OHKO Rayquaza and 2HKO Palkia. Surf can also 2HKO Rayquaza and Latios after Tail Glow. Rest takes advantage of Hydration by removing status effects, countering Life Orb Recoil, and even waking it up thanks to rain support from Kyogre.

---

Palkia (The Space Beast)
@ Lustrous Orb
EVs: 4 Atk, 252 SpA, 252 Spe
Nature: Hasty
- Spacial Rend
- Surf
- Thunder
- Aqua Tail

Palkia is designed to deal with Blissey using Aqua Tail, 2HKOing them guaranteed. Thunder can severely damage Kyogre and Lugia. Due to rain, even Pokemon that take Neutral damage from Surf are 2HKOed. Spacial Rend allows me to hit the Dragons, 2HKOing Giratina, Dialga, Latios, and Latias.

---

Forretress (The Rapid Spinner)
@ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP, 144 Def, 112 Atk
Nature: Relaxed
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Explosion

Not much to say about him. He comes in and removes entry hazards with Rapid Spin, sets up its own little entry hazard, and Explodes to take out or severely damage a threatening Pokemon. Gyro Ball allows it to OHKO Mewtwo and Deoxys-S and Deoxys-A.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is my team. Please rate and give advice to make it better. I am completely new to Ubers so don't go so hard on me.

Thanks.

If you're looking for constructive criticism, I'd say that your team is crippled by Toxic. Toxic Blissey can avoid being 2HKOed due to Water Spout's problematic damage calculations (if you didn't understand that: it gets weaker with less HP). So take your weak points to make your team stronger, put Blissey on there. Manaphy might be wise to remove because you already have two powerful special sweepers. Try this:

Blissey @ Leftovers
Bold: 252 HP/252 Def/4 Sp Df
-Heal Bell
-Wish
-Seismic Toss
-Toxic
Blissey could hold your team together really well. You could even replace Forretress with Skarmory if you really wanted to. But Blissey not only has the potential to stand quite well in front of this team, but also the power to hold it together. Heal Bell and Wish are always good on this sort of Blissey giving you the power to hold your entire team in one piece, even factoring in entry hazards. Look at it this way rather than your way: Blissey is such a special wall that it fails to be OHKOed by Specs Kyogre's Water Spout on full HP in the Rain. And you have plenty of counters to Specs Kyogre already on your team. And if that weren't enough, it also lures out Groudon, maybe poisoning it with Toxic.
One final thing: your team is far too special based. Only Kyogre really stands a chance against Blissey, and that's dealt with by opposing Palkias. Not only that, but CM users can run over this team if Lugia doesn't attend immediately.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)