Blazing Ambition

Groudon@Leftovers
Impish
252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Dragon Tail
Stealth Rock

Groudon is my lead, as he his for every Ubers Sun team. He gives me immediate Stealth Rocks, as well as a strong early offence. Earthquake and Stone Edge are obvious, providing power and coverage. I chose Dragon Tail to give me an extra defence against set-up sweepers, while Stealth Rock helps weaken things for my offensive core.

Rayquaza@Life Orb
Adamant
104 HP/252 Atk/152 Speed
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Earthquake
Extremespeed

Rayquaza is a useful addition to any offensive team, providing a huge amount of raw power. He is particularly useful on this team, as he is my only Pokemon that can boost its stats. With all the Fire-types on the team, I didn't think Steels would be a huge problem, so Extremespeed>Overheat.

Forretress@Shed Shell
Relaxed
252 HP/112 Atk/144 Def
Rapid Spin
Payback
Spikes
Explosion

This team is massively weak to Stealth Rock, so a good spinner is a must. Forretress does that job admirable, and is also pretty good against physical hits. Payback gives me a strong attack against Ghosts, Spikes gives me further hazard support, and Explosion, though weakened, can still often eliminate a dangerous offensive threat.

Arceus@Meadow Plate
Timid
252 HP/80 SpAtk/176 Speed
Calm Mind
Recover
Ice Beam
Judgement

Kyogre is a huge threat to any Sun team. Grass Arceus is a very good counter, and can also check many dangerous Dragons, due to its speed and power. I prefer Judgement to Grass Knot due to consistency.

Ho-oh@Life Orb
Adamant
84 HP/252 Atk/172 Speed
Tailwind
Sacred Fire
Brave Bird
Earthquake

Ho-oh is the first of my sun abusers. Sacred Fire is absolutely devastating when combined with Groudon's Drought, while Brave Bird and Earthquake round out my coverage. Tailwind is more consistent than Nitro Charge, but it does force me to use the inferior Pressure.

Reshiram@Choice Specs
Timid
4 HP/252 SpAtk/252 Speed
Blue Flame
Draco Meteor
Dragon Pulse
Flamethrower

The star of the show. He has four moves, but with Choice Specs, he really only needs one. No matter what the opponent, Blue Fire will destroy His only real weakness is his speed, and Ho-oh's Tailwind can remedy that. This monster is one of the greatest things to come out of B/W, and this set illustrates that point perfectly. In fact, he is the main reason I am making this team.

This team is good, I'm remembering my own sun team. On Groudon, it might be more beneficial on the offensive side to run RP/SD over Dragon Tail. Also, over Rayquaza, your team would benefit hugely from Palkia. Try this:

Palkia @ Choice Scarf
Modest: 4 Def/252 Sp At/252 Spd
-Spacial Rend/Draco Meteor
-Fire Blast
-Thunder
-Ice Beam/Earth Power/Aura Sphere
This Palkia helps to stop your Darkrai weakness that seems to be there. It is the best Ubers counter to Kyogre as very few pokemon will even want to switch into Thunder for fear of paralysis. It beats Mewtwo, Darkrai, Groudon etc. It can even clean up late-game if you want it to.
Also I couldn't help the feeling that Ho-oh would be way better off with Recover over Tailwind for the awesome survivability it has always been known for.
Forretress would benefit hugely from Gyro Ball over Explosion for the sake of being able to KO certain offensive threats.
Finally I don't know why you have Flamethrower and Blue Flame on Reshiram. I would suggest you remove Flamethrower for Outrage so you can deal with Kyogre switch-ins (even Grass Arceus is 2HKOed by max HP rain Water Spout, meaning it cannot attack if Kyogre is Scarfed).

Hope I helped!

I really like this team, as I am a big fan of sun teams myself, and know how dangerous DD Rayquaza can be. However I'm not sure if its a good fit on your team since it normally enjoys wobb support to allow it to set up a DD. Maybe Heatran could be useful in your team, it increases the water weakness, but is incredibly useful, especially if you go with my next suggestion. I think Toxic Spikes would be better than Explosion on your Forretress, since it helps you wear down alot of offensive threats. Also since you're running Shed Shell on Forretress I'm going to assume that this is a DW team, and if it is then CM Lati@s will give you alot of problems, as well as Darkrai and especially CM Mewtwo since after a single CM it OHKOs your whole team. In order to stop it you'll need a choice scarfer, so you could either change Reshiram to a choice scarf variant, or add a scarfer in place of Rayquaza. If it is DW Shandera could be useful, and a few other good scarfers for this team might be Palkia, Zekrom or maybe even Choice Scarf Darkrai. I hope this can help you.

This team is good, I'm remembering my own sun team. On Groudon, it might be more beneficial on the offensive side to run RP/SD over Dragon Tail. Also, over Rayquaza, your team would benefit hugely from Palkia. Try this:

Palkia @ Choice Scarf
Modest: 4 Def/252 Sp At/252 Spd
-Spacial Rend/Draco Meteor
-Fire Blast
-Thunder
-Ice Beam/Earth Power/Aura Sphere
This Palkia helps to stop your Darkrai weakness that seems to be there. It is the best Ubers counter to Kyogre as very few pokemon will even want to switch into Thunder for fear of paralysis. It beats Mewtwo, Darkrai, Groudon etc. It can even clean up late-game if you want it to.
Also I couldn't help the feeling that Ho-oh would be way better off with Recover over Tailwind for the awesome survivability it has always been known for.
Forretress would benefit hugely from Gyro Ball over Explosion for the sake of being able to KO certain offensive threats.
Finally I don't know why you have Flamethrower and Blue Flame on Reshiram. I would suggest you remove Flamethrower for Outrage so you can deal with Kyogre switch-ins (even Grass Arceus is 2HKOed by max HP rain Water Spout, meaning it cannot attack if Kyogre is Scarfed).

Hope I helped!
Groudon is not a sweeper, he is a tank. Dragon Tail gives me useful phazing support.

Palkia>Rayquaza is probably a good idea.

Ho-oh needs a way to boost its Speed. Besides, an offensive Pokemon doesn't have time to heal.

Gyro Ball>Explosion it is.

Flamethrower is a safer than Blue Flame, so it is good to have once all the really bulky things are gone. Why on earth would I use Outrage on something with Choice Specs?

I really like this team, as I am a big fan of sun teams myself, and know how dangerous DD Rayquaza can be. However I'm not sure if its a good fit on your team since it normally enjoys wobb support to allow it to set up a DD. Maybe Heatran could be useful in your team, it increases the water weakness, but is incredibly useful, especially if you go with my next suggestion. I think Toxic Spikes would be better than Explosion on your Forretress, since it helps you wear down alot of offensive threats. Also since you're running Shed Shell on Forretress I'm going to assume that this is a DW team, and if it is then CM Lati@s will give you alot of problems, as well as Darkrai and especially CM Mewtwo since after a single CM it OHKOs your whole team. In order to stop it you'll need a choice scarfer, so you could either change Reshiram to a choice scarf variant, or add a scarfer in place of Rayquaza. If it is DW Shandera could be useful, and a few other good scarfers for this team might be Palkia, Zekrom or maybe even Choice Scarf Darkrai. I hope this can help you.
This isn't necessarily a Dream World team, but I do want it to be usable as such, hence Shed Shell. As mentioned above, I will probably change Rayquaza to Scarf Palkia. I don't think I have time for both Spikes and Toxic Spikes, but I will change Spikes to the Toxic version.

Looking over this and threats in Ubers, I'd say that this team needs to watch out for Substitute Kyogre, the problem doesn't lie in the huge power of Waterspout (2HKOing your check at full HP, although I trust that you'll be predicting/keeping him out of harms way). But your only phazing is on Groudon, meaning that if Ogre sets up a sub, you're either going to have to break it with Arceus (taking some heavy hits, possibly to the point of a KO) or let Groudon take a hit to phaze it out with Dragon Tail. On Groudon, I'd recommend trying out Lum Berry, to beat annoying Darkrai leads. I'd also recommend a different spinner over forre, unless you're deadset on using him for spikes, Tentacruel would make a useful replacement. I suggest this change because Toxic Spikes could help remedy your problems with Substitute users. I say this because otherwise Nitro Charge Reshiram gets a free boost off of it. Also, give Reshiram Outrage over Flamethrower. Beyond that it's a very very solid team.

Looking over this and threats in Ubers, I'd say that this team needs to watch out for Substitute Kyogre, the problem doesn't lie in the huge power of Waterspout (2HKOing your check at full HP, although I trust that you'll be predicting/keeping him out of harms way). But your only phazing is on Groudon, meaning that if Ogre sets up a sub, you're either going to have to break it with Arceus (taking some heavy hits, possibly to the point of a KO) or let Groudon take a hit to phaze it out with Dragon Tail. On Groudon, I'd recommend trying out Lum Berry, to beat annoying Darkrai leads. I'd also recommend a different spinner over forre, unless you're deadset on using him for spikes, Tentacruel would make a useful replacement. I suggest this change because Toxic Spikes could help remedy your problems with Substitute users. I say this because otherwise Nitro Charge Reshiram gets a free boost off of it. Also, give Reshiram Outrage over Flamethrower. Beyond that it's a very very solid team.
I haven't edited the post yet, but Forretress does have Toxic Spikes now. I'd rather not use him, but I need a Steel-type spinner. Also, why does every suggest that I use Outrage on a Choice Specs Reshiram?

Because Outrage can really hurt Blissey/Kyogre switch-ins without letting them set up on your switch. There isn't a lot worse than a CMing Kyogre if you don't have TSpikes up. Outrage 3HKOes after SR, I think.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)