Favorite On-Going Anime

Oh, what a hottie.

er uh i mean uh Yeah, I'm gonna have to agree with CK. I ended up reading Bleach for the paneling more than the story for most of the Hueco Mundo arc forward.

Um the art is definitely a problem...the author/artists/the people responsible do not understand that just drawing slightly sad eyes and "comedic eyes" in every frame and calling it a wrap is not enough to make a story work.

this was my favorite bad sad eyes recently, sad eyes when KICKING SOMEONE'S ASS? sure you could come up with some farcical explanation, but really the artists just want a story that is about surprised eyes + "deep" eyes + sad eyes; it is really all Bleach is anymore

and of course the manga started using many more 1/2-3/4 page drawings that waste space rather than actually tell a story, again because no one involved can draw well and they need to hide it with that, zoom ins, and lots of shading

I agree that the characters are the biggest problem - in the last big fight arc the needless propensity for shoving every character in and getting a "full badass fight" for them all was atrocious...it was completely untenable, although it had started tending toward stuff like that long before (not nearly as badly)

for most of the panels, there are no backgrounds.. its just white/black space because Kubo is a lazy fucker (see page above). The manga just feels so empty and they are wasting too much time on unimportant things.

thats how it should be done.

Oh, what a hottie.
If you think the guys in Bleach are hot, you should check out the girls! (I'm awful, aren't I?)

One Piece overrated? Someone infract this guy!
Don't know why, it never caught on to me. I found it became stretched out way too much so I dropped it. I'll admit it though, One Piece stands out among the rest.

thats how it should be done.
Oda doesn't draw his own backgrounds apparently.

On topic of backgrounds, check out the manga Jing: King of Bandits, it might be typical shonen writing but the artwork is insane! This is one of the few typical shonen series I can put up with as it also has a very clever sense of humour.

Astushi Okubo is also awesome with backgrounds!

(credid to manga share)

lol of course Parachomp would link to Soul Eater :P.

I'm disappointed in you... no Excalibur?!?
Neogothical Surrealism is beautiful and I changed my avatar to Porygon2.

On topic of Bleach, I don't get the purpose of the name. My friend says its because what we're getting is Ichigo's hallucinations due to an intake of bleach.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Excalibur . . . shittiest excuse for an anime character ever. How many half-hours of my life has that retard wasted . . . not too many I hope.

What pisses me off more about pages like the one CaptainKirby posted is not the actual art (as someone who draws anime, I can appreciate the cleanness, and detail of the drawings-- also Bleach's anatomy is better than most, while still having relatively dramatic posses-- compared to say, Naruto, which as of late has good anatomy at the expense of making the characters stand/pose in really standard boring ways all the time).

What pisses me off is that maybe 50% or more of the manga is dedicated to pages like the above that have no freaking dialogue.

If I wanted to watch after page of energy-blasts-that-don't-do-anything-to-forward-the-plot, I'd go back and watch Dragon Ball Z.

No thanks, I rather watch Dragon Ball Kai. You know, where the "powering up" takes 5 seconds instead of 10 minutes.

Anyway, just when I thought Naruto was getting better again (I thought this a couple months ago), nothing at all can beat the shitty, pointless, meaningless, annoying mess of cameos that the manga is doing now . . . ugh . . .

About a month late but I'm enjoying watching Elfen Lied (even though the title is about as dumb as they get). And now I can't remember for sure but I'm almost certain somebody had a Lucy avatar for a while

Also, I bought Afro Samurai and it was awesome. Is Resurrection or any other differently titled Afro actually a different series/season/movie? It's hard to find information on that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)