Hyper offensive team, Team NITRO

INTRO-

Hello this is my first RMT so please give me a break if its not up to scratch with others. Anyway I'm still new to smogon and I would like to post my team for some suggestions for a revenge killer that suits my team. I've got a roughly 4 W/L rate which is pretty good but my revenge killer (Shaymin) really isnt pulling its own weight and is becoming a "passenger" for my team. I would like to see a replacement specially based and it's fast and please. So anyway lets begin this RMT shall we?

A IN DEPTH LOOK-

Changes are in red.

Metagross @ Lum berry
Clear body
Adamant
252 ATT, 252 HP, 4 DEF
Meteor mash
Bullet punch
Earthquake
Stealth rocks

Metagross is my lead and has been one of my favourite pokemon of all time. It's primary purpose is to put some stealth rocks up and make the oppenent lose their stealth rocks. I changed the set since metagross has awful speed and it can be hard to predict when to explode and I didnt like the idea of a suicuidal lead so I got rid of explosion. Lum berry is to go against lead brelooms and roserades that will get 2HKOed by my MM/BP combo. Meteor mash is a strong, STAB move that will be my primary move on most pokemon. Bullet punch is for a quick finisher or a last resort before I die. Earthquake boosts coverage and stealth rocks is there for obvious reasons. That pretty much sums it up for metagross.

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Inner focus
Adamant
252 ATT, 252 SPE, 4 HP
Dragon dance
Dragon claw
Earthquake
Roost

This is the star of my team and is a very solid sweeper. I put it in my team since in my opinion, it's the best physical sweeper in todays metagame. I wanted to put this guy in my team cause of he has perfect resistances with metagross and his a great sweeper. He comes in great as a mid game sweeper smashing teams like rag dolls, and getting me a great win. I put dragon dance for obvious reasons yet again. I chose dragon claw over outrage cause I dont like being locked into moves awfully much. Earthquake is good coverage which leaves only 2 pokemon left that resist this combo, skarmory and bronzong both very easily killed by heatran. Roost helps me set up DD's and recovers the priorty damage that dragonite takes and yeah that's pretty much all for dragonite.

Heatran @ Life orb
Flash fire
Timid
252 SPA, 252 SPE, 4 HP
Fire blast
Earth power
Hidden power (Grass)
Taunt

This guy is just a beast, he has got atleast 1 kill a match unless I make a bad play sending him to a flygon lol. I wanted this guy as a great special attacker just meant for pummeling my oppenents team I suppose. Fire blast is a powerful STAB boosted move and with a flash fire it can almost kill any pokemon in 2 hits. Earth power is to hit other fire types and heatrans. Hidden power electric I felt was more needed then grass since shaymin can handle swampert, quagsire fairly well. Taunt was to stop getting set up on and stopping stall that my team really doesnt enjoy at all. All around his a amazing pokemon if used properly but it can be hard getting in since heatran can get killed to any EQ, surf and CC.

Starmie @ Choice specs/ scarf
Natural cure
Timid
252 SPA, 252 SPE, 4 HP
Hydro pump
Ice beam
Thunderbolt
Trick

This is a starmie suggest by double electric and the moveset by me. Anyway this starmie was a stronger alternitive to shaymin and got rid of my ice/ fire weakness that was costing me badly. Alright so hydro pump is a powerful STAB boosted move and ice beam gives coverage on grass types and dragon types that try to setup on me. Tbolt is for coverage against water types and trick is to criple many switch in's like blissey and etc. I really dont have an awful lot to say since I've only played 7 matches with this guy and only losing 1 from bad play. I need a bit of help if I should use a scarf or specs because scarf counter's offensive suicune and LO starmie which faladron said would give me troubles. Then I lose power which is something I really want to avoid aswell so can you guy's suggest which is better, the scarf or specs.

Gengar @ Life orb
Levitate
Timid
252 SPA, 252 SPE, 4 DEF
Shadow ball
Focus blast
Pain split
Substitute

Know I knew taunt wasnt going to be enough to stop stall so I went for a subspliting gengar. It tears walls apart like stuffed toys and with a sub up there really is no counter for this guy. Shadow ball is a reliable STAB. Focus blast is for coverage on normal type's and dark types. Pain split is the spine of this set and ruins walls and substitute makes sure I cant be killed by priorty right of the bat. This guy is a life saver, when I'm in doubt he comes and saves the day. He is pretty cool and gives me a needed immunity to ground aswell. He also performs well as a spin blocker so I don't lose stealth rocks which are amazingly helpful in a hyper offensive team. Overall this guy pretty much gives me an extra life and acts as a spin blocker.

Scizor @ Leftovers
Technician
Adamant
252 HP, 76 ATT, 176 SPD, 4 SPE
Sword dance
Bullet punch
Bug bite
Brick break

Last but not least scizor, I put him in cause I guess you can never have enough sweepers. Nowdays people always think a scizor is banded/ scarfed so it's fun to unleash SD and sweep a team. Sword dance for the last time is there for obvious reasons. Bullet punch is great STAB plus added technician boost priorty so it has it all! Bug bite gets STAB and technician making it stronger then X-scissor and brick break is for added coverage. This has been a pretty good sweeper since most teams cant handles the duo of sweepers. Scizor has done pretty well and is just a tad under par from dragonite on the amount of sweeps they do. I might swap this guy with lucario one time but meh I dunno really.

Ok that's it for my RMT please send some feedback and give me advice on a new revenge killer in place of shaymin.
Baii baiii!

Wait, why exactly *don't* you want to use Starmie? It's basically the ideal choice to use over Shaymin...

For example, your team has a tough time against Infernape, which OHKOs Metagross and Heatran, does the same to Scizor, Bullet Punch or not and could possibly do something similar to Dragonite with Hidden Power [Ice]. Shaymin and Gengar also can't switch into it without possibly getting maimed. The next best thing to Starmie is... probably Suicune... any variant of Suicune maybe, even scarfed if you want it to mimic Shaymin as much as possible (Surf, Ice Beam, Hidden Power [Electric] and... something), but it's still inferior in that regard to Starmie... but whatever.

Also, a sweeping Scizor prefers to have a Life Orb--otherwise, your Scizor is better off with defensive EVs if it still wants to use Swords Dance, because that way, it can set up more than once.

I dont see how I have a tough time with nape since shaymin outspeeds and 1HKO's with earth power and if it lacks HP ice I can set up with dragonite like crazy. Also gengar outspeeds and kills it with shadow ball. So really I got no idea what your talking about and I've tried out starmie and it seems to be good so far.

Pretty good team actually - I'd keep Shaymin because it's your primary check to Offensive Suicune / LO Starmie, which would otherwise give you major problems. Since you're going with a bulky offense theme, I'd recommend using 252 HP / 76 Atk / 176 SDef / 4 Spd as your EVs on Scizor, and replacing Bug Bite with Roost. This will let you set up on a lot of weaker special attackers like Vaporeon / non Heat Wave Zapdos, and the coverage of Steel + Fighting should be sufficient for most cases. You can also go Jolly + LO and Extremespeed > Roost on Dragonite for some extra power, but there is some advantage in having a bulky Dragonite / Scizor Roosting duo. And no, you aren't remotely weak to Infernape so don't worry about that.

Thanks for the rate faladran it's just what I needed. I'm going to replace shaymin with choice specs/ scarf starmie since it will help with my weaknesses and it also counter's offensive cune great but LO starmie will be a speed tie with the choice specs but with the choice scarf it wont and I will win with TB but I said earlier I want something with more power behind it sooo help me there please. I've changed the ev's aswell on scizor but I dont seem to need roost in most of my battles due to the fact of its resistances and priorty. I've never tried extremespeed on dragonite because once I get 2 DD's it's almost useless to me unless someone has a mamoswine and ice shards me. Oh btw I'm going to change heatran's HP to grass since I got starmies tbolt now.

Thanks for your rate faladran.

You also might want to consider replacing Gengar with Rotom-A if you're going the Starmie route, since it would help with the Electric weakness, and too boot, Rotom can also help out against Suicune, a weakness that was noted earlier. Therefore, if you feel so inclined, a Rotom may be worth a test.

Against suicune I usually go to starmie and trick it when it's calm minding and then I will spam tbolt as it is useless. I think I need to find a pokemon with a resistence to electric, offensive and suit's my with my team. Alright so I would like suggestions for choice scarf or specs on starmie and a pokemon that resist's electric moves plus it fit's a offensive role.

Alright, I'm pretty new to rating (and fairly new in general), so you may want to take my advice with a pinch of salt.

The first big thing that pops out at me is that with Shaymin gone, you have no electric resist. Sure, you can Roost with Dragonite to give you one, but he's fairly slow so he can't reliably do that without a DD, or possibly two under his belt, especially considering most electrics are fast, and also, he doesn't have a resist switching in.

Now, I don't think there are too many electric attacks that are overly threatening, since Dragonite, Heatran, and Scizor do relatively well tanking those hits, however, in particular, A Specs Zapdos locked into Thunderbolt can OHKO every member of your team, with just Stealth Rock support. If Dragonite has setup a DD, it can out speed KO after Stealth Rock damage, but that's only after a DD. Heatran can do over half, but it's out sped and KO'd. Starmie and Gengar can team up to KO, since they both out speed Zapdos, and a Shadow Ball + Ice Beam can KO it. However, this can mean sacrificing two Pokemon (whatever's in at the time and Starmie or Gengar, since neither can switch in safely). Shaymin couldn't really do much to Zapdos either anyway.

Your best bet would be to get yourself a ground type, though I'm not sure which. Possibly a Flygon or Gliscor, though I don't know how they fit on your team. You could also use Snorlax, who's a good special wall, the side most strong electric attacks come from, and not shabby offensively either. Plus it has pseudo-resistances in the form of Thick Fat. However, it's pretty slow, and I'm not sure how much you'd like that. These are just a few options to consider to help you with electrics.

Edit: Oh, how could I forget? There are also Pokemon whos abilities give them an immunity to electric, such as Jolteon's Volt Absorb, or Electivire's Motor Drive.

Hopefully I helped!

~FlameSaber

deinosaur

now available in lowercase
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It seems to me that Infernape may now be an incredibly competent threat to this team.
A special-based mixape with the simple moveset of Fire Blast/Grass Knot/Close Combat/Hidden Power Ice can completely ruin this team.
Your counter for it is scarfed Starmie, which is pretty much just asking to get pursuited.
Trying not to ruin too much of this team, I have a suggestion that may work for you:
You could run scarf Rotom-W over Gengar, and offensive Suicune over Starmie.

[BOX]

Rotom-W@Choice Scarf
Levitate
4 HP, 252 SpA, 252 Spe
Timid
-Thunderbolt
-Shadow Ball
-Hydro Pump
-Trick[/BOX]

This will fit very nicely as both a check to Infernape, as also stopping DD Gyara, weakened SD Lucario, and stops most rapid spinners.

[BOX]

Suicune@Life Orb
Pressure
4 HP, 252 SpA, 252 Spe
Timid
-Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam
-Hidden Power Electric
-Calm Mind[/BOX]

This set is extremely powerful even after just one calm mind, being able to dish out huge masses of damage with a +1 Hydro Pump. She will also be able to easily switch into and set up on Heatran and other fire types.

Hope this helps, Good Luck!

Brick Break in Scizor won't do enough damage even if SE.
You could try running Superpower. It lacks synergy with SD because of the Atk drop, but is more than enough to nail some needed OHKO's

@BlisseyofDoom - Infernape is outsped and 1HKOED by starmies hydro pump. Gengar can also kill weak ones with shadow ball. Most pursuit users are choiced so I can switch into my scizor and setup. Gengar is too valuable to this team to replace so Im not changing him and why are you suggesting suicune when there are a hand full of pokemon that can do it's job better.

@Chester - I've been trying out superpower and after 1 SD there really isnt much that can take it apart from forretress and a few others. Also the defence drop is costly since mine is defensive based so yeah.

@Flamesaber - I haven't had awfully many problems with zappy but I doubt it would lock itself into Tbolt without seeing my entire team. I've thought on flygon but then my ice weakness would screw me up. You have pointed out my weaknesses and I need to fix these issues.. (Ugh I wish chomp was OU.)

Thanks for your rates guys.

You have yourself a strong team here, I like the Dragonite/Scizor combo especially. However you are really weak to water types; offensive Suicune can stomp through your team, even with trick it might be able to severely weaken your team with a locked hydro pump. Enemy Starmie are also something that you have little to deal with. The easiest fix would to replace Gengar with Rotom, but since that would slow this team down you could also try a lead Celebi over Metagross. It can set up stealth rock and stay lategame as a good check to Suicune and other waters.

Celebi@Occa Berry
Timid 40 Hp / 252 SpA / 216 spe
Leaf storm, stealth rock, earth power, (u-turn / hp ice)

Beat azelf with leaf storm + u-turn, beat metagross with earth power x2, beat aerodactyl with leaf storm + u-turn, beat machamp with lead storm x2 (you survive payback), beat heatran, infernape, ect.

or run:
Rotom-w@Life orb
Timid 252 SpA / 252 Spe or move spA into hp at your choosing
Hydro pump, thunderbolt, substitute, pain split (or wow)

deinosaur

now available in lowercase
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Um...well maybe if you'd read the whole rate you'd understand that I said starmie can be pursuited and Infernape will have a field day ripping your team to shreds.

Also I don't think you mean "thanks for the rates guys", I think you mean "my team is perfect and you are all fake rating this".
Why did you write an RMT if you aren't going to at least listen to advice?

EDIT: I'd also like you to find me a better offensive cam minder than suicune that has great defenses, an amazing typing, and the ability to KO special defensive skarmory, hippowdon, and all fire types easily after one calm mind.

Sorry I forgot to say I cant use rotom forms cause I only have pokemon soulsilver that's why i'm rejecting that idea and it slows down my momentum in a battle.

@Flamesaber - I haven't had awfully many problems with zappy but I doubt it would lock itself into Tbolt without seeing my entire team. I've thought on flygon but then my ice weakness would screw me up. You have pointed out my weaknesses and I need to fix these issues.. (Ugh I wish chomp was OU.)
Zapdos (and Specs variants to a greater extent) aren't overly common, but still a threat nonetheless. That was just the deadliest example I could think of. And even if your full team hasn't been revealed, Thunderbolt is Zapdos's strongest option against many of them. Though Flygon adds another double-weakness to ice, you've got two solid resists in Scizor and Heatran; it's more a matter of playing around your weaknesses. Also, Flygon is an arguably more efficient Scarf user than Starmie, and that frees up Starmie to use a Life Orb for more sweeping prowess.

i think you should go for a trick.equake.meteormash.stealthrock. this is way to stop them trickers and surprise average leads to you will have problems with like skarmory, swampert, bronzor, celebi, gyrados. plz take the build in with great thinking i faver this build more

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)