Try to login - banned.

Hey guys. I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but..
When I try to connect to Smogon's PO-server, there's a message showing me this:

(22:59:14) Connected to Server! (22:59:14) You are banned!
Error while connected to server -- Received error n°1: The remote host closed the connection
(22:59:14) Disconnected from Server!

I'm only playing a few times per week and don't do anything except writing ´gg´. Additionally, I've never received a message from a mod to change my name or something like it's written in the rules.

So, I'd like to ask if there's a mistake or something in the settings, I don't know. It's my ingame- and my Smogon-nick, so I'd really appreciate the possibility to use it again on the server.
Thanks!

I have a friend from irc that had the same issue. I dont know if he got it resolved or not but his nick is "headstrong".

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I just checked and no one else has been banned with your IP. You have also been banned since February 19th.

The thing is, I'd really like to use the nick again, caused by the fact that I've been using it for ages in particularly everything Pokémon-themed.
Does this mean that I got banned when using this nick? And, is there a possibility to unban it?
And I'm not sure if I've registred it, don't know if it's playing a role since I'm not really familiar with the current situation.

The thing is, I'd really like to use the nick again, caused by the fact that I've been using it for ages in particularly everything Pokémon-themed.
Does this mean that I got banned when using this nick? And, is there a possibility to unban it?
And I'm not sure if I've registred it, don't know if it's playing a role since I'm not really familiar with the current situation.
If you registered it, you would have to enter a password everytime you log in. Which i assume wasn't the case for you.

It won't get unbanned, otherwise everyone could get banned and get it back with ease by claiming it was someone else using their account.

Use a new nick, register it and learn from mistakes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)