My battle tower team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys!! i hope this is the right place to post this, but i'm working on a battle tower team. Let me know what you think. I am trying to have a good team, but i also just like using pokemon i enjoy. The idea kind of here is to lead with Jolteon. If i force a switch or they have a guy i think will have earthquake, i will baton pass to dragonite to take care of him. infernape is just a back up beat stick. let me know what you think and if i should switch out a poke or not (need help for sure on who to give life orb to and what to replace with life orb for the other person).

Jolteon @ leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Grass
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

Dragonite @ (would use life orb, but infernape has it. please give suggestions)
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Infernape @ Life Orb (not sure if i should use life orb on dragonite or him)
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Nature: Naive
- Flamethrower
- Close Combat
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power Ice

Try Shadow Ball on Jolteon, because it can take care of Psychics and other threats. This really is just for better coverage as well as a filler.
No, don't put Life Orb on Dragonite. Put Leftovers on Dragonite, seeing as recovery is always good on a set-up sweeper. Also, I'd put Roost on Nite over Fire Punch. Roost obviously lets you recover if need be as well as just getting some HP back if you are up against something that can't touch you.
For Ape, you obviously are going to use Life Orb now. I'd just use a Nasty Plot set really, but it just is an opinion. Nasty Plot + Flamethrower + Grass Knot + Focus Blast is a great set. This allows you to still OHKO a Blissey, as well as just be fully specially oriented.

Good Luck!
Hope this helped :D

these sound like some good suggestions! just a few questions. so what would you take off for shadow ball? is substitute really that needed? and i like the idea of nasty plot. but then i'd be worried about dragons since i wouldn't have hidden power ice anymore and i don't have a whole lot else to take care of them. dragonite i suppose could do some damage with outrage, but that's assuming he's faster than them. and i feel like flygon would take my team down. thoughts?

Get rid of CC on Ape and give him Nasty plot, I dbout you would have less than 2 DD's up before a bliss came out. You still get decent coverage on dragons with HP ice, not a big fan of HP grass on Jolt, but it still works, maybe HP Ice on jolt and focus blast on ape?:D

you think hp ice on jolt and no coverage for dragons on ape? and what do you mean by 2 DD's up before a bliss came out? i did end up putting HP ice on jolteon so i'm set on that. the only dragon i'm worried about is a flygon with choice scarf really. should i be worried? because an earthquake from that thing would OHKO jolteon. are there other dragons i should be worried about? i kind of figured with life orb i wouldn't be needing nasty plot that much. but two people have suggested that, so it must be pretty sick

haunter

Banned deucer.
please check the RMT rules before posting again, especially rule 3:
RMT rules said:
3. Have some actual words in your post beyond your six Pokemon and their moves. Not following this makes your post quite boring to read and rate. All Pokemon should have a good reason for being in your team anyway, so why not post that reason? If you are having trouble with this one, start by giving an explanation for each team member. Why are they there? What role do they serve? How do you get them in? Then, give an explanation of how you would open with the team and how you would go about using it. All of these things help people rate your team and allow us to offer more helpful advice.

This does not mean add one sentence saying "Standard x" or "all-around awesome" after each Pokemon. If you put thought into making the team, you can put thought into posting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)