Good Luck Chumps (1st B/W RMT)

Alright so I believe that this is my 3rd RMT posted on this site and like the title says its my first for pokemon white. I've used this team and havent lost yet on wifi (I havent really been on PO much lately). I was basically just trying some new stuff out here and it just happened to work for me.

1st View:

Lead:
Scolipede (Venom)

Item: Focus Sash
Nature: Jolly
Ability:Poison Point
EVs:4 HP/ 152 Attk/100 Def/ 252 Spe
Moves:
~Spikes
~Toxic Spikes
~Venom Shock
~Steamroller

This is a very unusual lead for me. I generally like to start a battle off with an offensive threat to put the pressure on my opponent right away, for that I've been using Bisharp. But now I'm trying to swing the game in my favor by using entry hazards to my advantage. The set may seem crowded with both t-spikes and spikes but they both have come in handy. Venom Shock paired with poison point can net me some huge damage coming off of a decent attack stat and then Steamroller is useful due to my incredibly high speed stat for a lead.

Blaziken (KFCsogood)
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Adamant
Ability:Speed Boost
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Attk/ 4 Spe
Moves:
~Protect
~Hi Jump Kick
~Blaze Kick
~Swords Dance

This is the first of my big physical threats. HJK does an absolute rediculous amount of damage especially if i can get a swords dance up. Don't hate on me for not using max speed because its not necassary because I can get a free speed boost with a protect. I prefer Blaze Kick over Flare Blitz just because I don't want to carry two moves that can hurt me especially with a frail pokemon. Leftovers + max HP gives Blaziken a little bit of sweep time if necassary.

Cloyster (DeathOTHS)
Item:Focus Sash
Nature:Jolly
Ability:Skill Link
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Attk/ 252 Spe
Moves:
~ Shell Smash
~ Icicle Spear
~ Rock Blast
~ Ice Shard

Cloyster is just nasty this gen. It finally got a move to match its grinning face. The reason that Cloyster is always smiling is because he is going to Shell Smash in your face and then fire off scary strong Icicle Spears. Focus Sash allows me a free set up (most of the time). Ice shard adds some nice priority which my team needs.

Espeon (Amaterasu)
Item: Brightpowder
Nature: Bold
Ability:Magic Bounce
EVs: 200 HP/104 Def/152 SpA/
Moves:
~ Wish
~ Protect
~ Psychic
~ Shadowball

Espeon is my wall of sorts. I'm not a huge fan of walls if you haven't noticed so far. I enjoy keeping the momentum in my favor and having my wisher is really important. If I can get a wish back to a weakened pokemon it will be a huge game changer. I love using Magic Bounce to really screw with the opponent and mess up their strategy. Brightpowder is kind of a gimmick but it really does help.
Eelektross (ImaHAG)
Item: Life Orb
Nature: Modest
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
Moves:
~ Thunderbolt
~ Hidden Power (Ice)
~ Flamethrower
~ Volt Change

I feel like Eelektross doesn't get the love it deserves. Sure its pretty ugly but both of its attack stats are respectable and the rest of its stats aren't to shabby (except for its crap speed). I use my Eelektross for purely special attacking and that is working out well for me. It gets psuedo Boltbeam coverage and has volt change for a quick switch if necassary. O yea, having no weaknesses is nice too.

Excadrill (UhOh!)
Item: Balloon
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Attk/ 252 Spe
Moves:
~ Earthquake
~ Rapid Spin
~ Rock Slide
~ Swords Dance

Excadrill is one pokemon you don't want to be staring down with a team full of weakened pokemon. It has crazy high Attack above average speed and can run through an entire team. Balloon takes care of its ground weakness and Sand Rush allows me to counter sandstorm teams pretty well (if needed).

Alright guys give me your thoughts!

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't MB + Wish an illegal set on Espeon? I think it's a male only event Poke.

Blaziken wants Stone Edge (or whatever rock move it gets) over Flare Blitz.
Your Espeon set looks retarded...
How does Dory have Sand Rush when you don't have TTar/Hippo?
If you expect to face a lot of Sand teams why do you have sashes on?

ok one, baton pass and magic bounce are illegal together not wish and two dezza youre retarded because my blaziken doesnt have Flare Blitz, my espeon set isn't retarded and is actually quite effective (actually try something before you deem it stupid) and I had to pick between either sand rush or power for Excadrill (its no longer Doryuzu seeing that we are speaking English) because it cant have its DW ability so its not a "counter" to sandstorm teams so thats why I still run my sashes. If youre going to post critisism then make it something that will help me, not this junk

Blaziken can't take a hit to save it's life, I would just put the HP EVs into Speed. No sense on being a unique snowflake if it doesn't do you any good. Without speed investment, Blaziken sits at 196 speed. After one Speed Boost, you will have 294 speed. Positive nature base 85s will outrun you, which is quite sad. Obviously, base 100s (read, most of the metagame) outrun you, and of course, everything faster than that also outruns you.

The reason Blaziken wasn't used often prior to Gen V is because of it's mediocre speed, it used to have 284 maximum. Your Blaziken starts off with 196 and gets 295 after one boost. That isn't much of an improvement on Blaziken's speed even after a boost. Two boosts puts you at 392, which is still outrun by base 130s, and almost every Choice Scarfer.

Max speed would put you at 259 before boosts, and 388 after one boost, outrunning 95% of the non-Choice Scarfers. 518 after two boosts, outrunning any Choice Scarfer with less than 345 speed.

You should also drop BrightPowder on Espeon, Leftovers is better. You'll dodge an attack maybe 1/10 battles, if that. Relying on luck to win isn't a good competitive strategy.

ok one, baton pass and magic bounce are illegal together not wish
No but I'm saying Wish is illegal as the Espeon you get through Dream World is male and therefore cannot have egg moves breeded onto him already (derp.) Wish is an egg move. You cannot breed the ability into an egg either as only females have that leisure.

That is why it is impossible to have an Espeon with Wish AND Magic Bounce. Trust me, this is how it is atm, I'm not trying to say "You're wrong!". Try Xatu if you want a set like this.

This is a short post not because of my time, but because I only see one thing wrong with your team that is not listed above.

Blaziken: Speed Boost is so predictable. Not even kidding. If you are running a Speed Boost Blaziken then at least run Substitute not protect. Assuming that your opponent predicts a SB and setup/switch, sub will at least give you another turn to Swords Dance, then for 3 or more turns after that, stall with Sub until your speed is maybe 3 times the original, or even 4 if you run leftovers. From there, assuming you have an SD, you can sweep the majority of the team. Hope this helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)