Rain Dance Battle Tower Team!

hey guys. this is my rain dance battle tower team. it would be awesome if you could give your input, especially on my lead. thanks!

Lead 1: Zapdos @ damp rock
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
- Rain Dance
- Thunder
- U-Turn
- Roost

Zapdos is an excellent starter for Rain Dance teams. With maxed Speed, he should, in most situations, be able to pull off Rain Dance with certainty. If he is outsped, with his 85 defense and 90 SpD, he should be able to take a hit and still be able to pull off rain dance. With rain dance activated, thunder has 100% accuracy. and with Zapdos' already incredible SpA and maxed EVs for SpA, thunder can do a good amount to most starting leads. if i don't think thunder will do well, i have the option to u-turn zapdos for one of my sweepers.

or

Lead 2: Bronzong @ Damp Rock
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Atk / 8 Def / 96 SpD
Nature: Impish
- Rain Dance
- Stealth Rock
- Light Screen
- Explosion

Bronzong also has the potential to be an awesome Rain Dance lead. With Rain dance activated, he has no weakness. With his massive bulk, he should be able to take 2 hits, which gives me enough time to set stealth rock. with stealth rock set, it gives my sweepers easier times with OHKOs. in the very odd situation that he has a chance to survive a third or fourth turn, i will either light screen (if i know i can survive one more hit) to help with my kabutops SpD or i will just explode to finish off the pokemon. The only thing i don't like is if the lead starts with a fire move, then i will certainly not be able to set rain dance.

Sweepers:

Kabutops @ (not sure here. i think kingdra will get the life orb. so suggestions for item would be good)
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 112 HP / 248 Atk / 148 Spe
Nature: Adamant
- Sword Dance
- Aqua Tail
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet

Kabutops is my physical sweeper against large special walls. the first objective is to give kabutops a swords dance. This boosts his already incredible attack to sweep most pokemon. with rain dance active, his waterfall and aqua tail become incredible tools of destruction. his speed with swift swim also makes him very hard to revenge kill. aqua jet is used for priority just in case he could be outsped. a stealth rock set by bronzong makes for much easier OHKOs. or zapdos' u-turn can ensure that i set up my kabutops with the right battle.

and finally:

Kindgra @ Life Orb
Ability: swift swim
EVs: 208 Atk / 136 SpA / 164 Spe
Nature: Rash
- Rain Dance
- Waterfall
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump

Kingdra is my special sweeper. with rain dance set, both kingdra waterfall and hydro pump become incredible weapons, depending on if i need a special attack or a physical attack. The speed increase, accompanied with the Speed EVs ensures i won't be beaten by much for speed and can easily surpass any dragons that would attempt to take me out with a dragon attack. i gave him rain dance so just in case the rain dance is lost from zapdos/bronzong, he can set up a new rain dance. with kindgras bulk and immunities, that shouldn't be too hard.

and so, the basic idea behind the entire team is to set up rain dance right away, and from there switch into either a physical or special sweeper, depending on what the situation calls for.

Kaputops could hold leftovers so he will sweep longer. The leftovers also helps when a grass type comes and deals heavy damage to kaputops.

possibly. i feel like if any grass type came and used a grass type move on kabutops, he would be dead anyway (since he has x4 weakness to grass). i'm not really expecting to last a whole long time. i'm hoping to be one shotting a lot of stuff with the rain dance boost and is already awesome attack (plus some sword dances).

You might want to consider X-scissor on your Kabutops, because like you said, you don't have any coverage against grasstypes and with Stone edge's imperfect accuracy, Kabutops won't be out long.
Waterfall can also be chosen over Aqua tail, again aiming for more accuracy.

Since you're running a Sword dance set and Kingdra is already carrying life orb, Wacky tabacky's suggestion of holding leftovers is the most reliable option. Changing Sword dance to X-scissor also gives you the option of Choice Band. But that decision is up to you.

yeah. waterfall was an option. but i figured, with just 10% difference, i'd be ok with the 10 extra damage. and you're saying add x-scizzor so it will hit grass type normally? cause then i wouldn't have good coverage on flying. i think if a grass guy was presented, i would just switch into zapdos, as he could u-turn. and definitely think about the leftovers. i was thinking about you using muscle band just for the small extra physical attack boost i get, but leftovers may be a better option. thanks for the advice! :)

If leftovers isn't good for you try focus sash as then he gets at least one SD if your scared of grass types. Since he has swift swim aqua jet isn't needed too much so JH.atlas' suggestion of x-scissor will take out the grass plus darks and psychics. A Cband set could work well to as he is very fast with huge attack when in action.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)