Apprentice Program: Round Fourty Nine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly a month ago, the Battling 101 Program was restarted. It was pretty basic, but from now on, more and more features will be added every round to restore it to its former glory and beyond!

First off, we'll now be officially supporting all Uber, OU, UU, and LC metagames you can think of of every generation. Tutors, if your current metagame resume doesn't cover everything, please update it so that it does!

Second, we will be trying to set up a whole new feature in the program: battling instructional videos! Not only will you get to see two seasoned B/W players having a recorded battle, but you will also have access to their thoughts and reasoning behind their choices. If you are interested in taking part of this project, please contact Mekkah or any of the Battling 101 Staff. We are looking for 2 battlers and 1 recorder.

A huge thanks to the tutors who participated in Round 48, please continue your efforts. Round off your Round 48 tutees if you haven't already, and make them send in their evaluation forms!

Now for this round's sign-ups. Same as last time, please fill in this form. We only have a limited amount of tutors, but don't fret if you end up missing out! We are working on constructing a priority system so that people who haven't had a chance to get tutored yet will be favored over those who did in Round 50. So sign up even if you're sure you're not getting in. Remember we also take timezones and metagames into account when assigning, so first come is not necessarily first serve.

If you end up not being assigned, you can always approach tutors to ask if they want to take a second tutee. Tutors should accept this opportunity if they feel up to it, as we'll take it into account when deciding who gets the beautiful heart badge!

So, start signing up!

Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself:

To clear up any confusion, here is an example of what Philip7086's application would look like:

Username: Philip7086
Shoddy Username: Philip7086, Pro Bro
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-8, 4:00PM-2:00AM
What tier do you want to learn?: DP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm fat but I can't help it I just loooooove McDonalds :(

YOU MUST HAVE OVER 15 POSTS ON AT LEAST 10 SEPARATE DAYS TO PARTICIPATE. Additionally, you must be able to use Pokémon Online, or at least Shoddy Battle (if you only wish to learn DPP OU).

Important: In addition, after your time of tutoring, please take the time to fill in the evaluation form and send it to the entire tutoring staff. This helps us on so many levels!

---

Assignments

Aerrow
-AB2 (04/19/2011)

am
-Venser (04/19/2011)

B-Lulz
-Berserker Lord (04/19/2011)

Delta 2777
-megaman12 (04/19/2011)

DJX09
-Alphacme (04/19/2011)

ENZ0
-LizardMan (04/19/2011)

Eternal
-SatiSuicune (04/19/2011)

hanke

-Server_Crash (04/19/2011)

Huntofthelion

-smashlloyd20 (04/19/2011)

Iconic
-TEzeon (04/19/2011)

JabbaTheGriffin
-PK Gaming (04/19/2011)

kd24
-neut986 (04/19/2011)

Kevin Garrett
-Timeneon (04/19/2011)

Lamppost
-blarajan (04/19/2011)

macle
-Lucien Lachance (04/19/2011)

Mekkah
-Quagsires (04/19/2011)

Nachos
-Veevee (04/19/2011)

PttP (ballabrown24)
-Scarfwynaut (04/19/2011)
-Starfawkingburst (05/09/2011)

reachzero
-JackieChun (04/19/2011)

reyscarface
-HSA (04/19/2011)

Scimjara

-Cooper (04/19/2011)

Seven Deadly Sins
-Nails (04/19/2011)

SOMALIA
-Ada (04/19/2011)
-Fake Sketch (04/19/2011)

StevenSnype
-cosmiceexplorer (04/19/2011)

Stone_Cold
-Fried Rhys (04/19/2011)
-Uthanak (04/19/2011)
-StarmanXL (05/09/2011)

undisputed
-masterful (04/19/2011)

Zeph
-Fatty (04/19/2011)

ASSIGNED TO NACHOS

Username:
Veevee
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Transient Witch [and many others]
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT [normally any time after 3pm-ish]
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been battling for about a year now and did pretty well in gen 4. I'm not too great at gen 5 and so I wish to learn more about it. As for my own life I'm just sticking to going to school and hanging out with friends etc. C:

ASSIGNED TO DJXO9

Username:
Alphacme
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Alphacme
Your timezone: GMT -5 (DST)
Usual hours of availability: 7pm to 11pm (I'll probably be available more than that though)
What tier do you want to learn: Black/White OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a college student from Canada. I'll be studying in multimedia next fall and hopefully getting a job in a video game company once I'm over with my studies. For the time being, I just enjoy the games instead of working on them. I've been playing Pokémon since Red and Blue, but I only started to play competitively in the 4th generation. Now, the 5th as arrived and I feel kind of lost. I'm rusty too, so I figured I'd go back to the basics.

ASSIGNED TO DELTA 277

Username
:megaman12
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:reisu, megaman12 and others
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:Gmt-4 3:00pm-11:00pm
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself:Well Im currently in my first year in college because I skipped a grade but still undecided on what mayor I should stick with. I am a fairly good gen 4 battler but is always good to learn more especially team building. In terms of BW OU, I hardly played gen 5 and need to learn more about it so BW is priority for me.

TEzeon

I'm a ramblin gamblin dude!
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
ASSIGNED TO ICONIC

Username
: TEzeon
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: TEzeon/Raitei Zeon
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, 2:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, Ubers / DPP OU, UU, Ubers / Adv OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm just your average sophomore in high school who plays games on the side. I can be a very competitive person, and I always try to strive for victory, especially at basketball, magic, pokemon, etc. I'm complete garbage at DPP OU and ADV OU, so I could really use some help in those tiers, though, I don't want to lose focus on BW, since it is the most current metagame.

If possible, I would also like to request Iconic

AB2

is an absolute ape
is a Team Rater Alumnus
ASSIGNED TO AERROW

Aerrow has agreed to tutor me.

Username: AB2
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Fat Usher / Weezy Baby
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, weekends mostly
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been battling for about a year and a half. I am fairly new to the smogon community, and I want to learn from someone who is more experienced than me.

ASSIGNED TO ENZO

Username:LizardMan
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:LizardMan
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, I should be very active pretty much all the time until I get a new job, where I will be working 8 hours a day.
What tier do you want to learn?:ADV OU/BW OU (I feel solid at gen 4 OU right now.)
Tell us a little about yourself:I am from NJ, and I am a Cardiologist Technician. I have no idea where to start when building an ADV OU team, and I am stuck in the gen 4 mindset. In BW OU, I feel pretty solid but I need to be brushed up on some things like team building.

ASSIGNED TO SCIMJARA

Username:
Cooper
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Cooper
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-8, 5-8 p.m Monday-Friday. Hours vary on weekends, but I'm generally available all the time
What tier do you want to learn?: B/W OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Some people may remember me from the days of D/P, I frequented smogon quite a bit back in those days, then got distracted with some stupid bs (college). Now that I'm in my third year and have started to settle exclusively into my major classes, I find myself with a lot of free time, and have decided to return to smogon and competetive battling.

However, this bring me to my main problem, which is that I was terrible back in D/P and I'm still terrible now, though admittedly a bit smarter than I was back then. I like to think that I'm a pretty friendly guy and easy to get along with, as well as a good listener. Thanks for considering me!

Username:Sharopoyezd
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:Sharopoyezd
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT-7, AZ, anytime from around 3:00pm to maybe 11:00 pm, depending on the day, and whatever my work schedule is. it shouldn't get in the way too much though.
What tier do you want to learn?:B/W OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been into pokemon since the beginning, am very musical, pretty smart, pretty awesome. I started to take a look at competitive battling during last year's vgc, i would like to really get into it this time around.

ASSIGNED TO KEVIN GARRETT

Username: Timeneon
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:Zenix/Timez/Timeneon
Your timezone: GMT -7
Usual hours of availability: 4Pm-10PM
What tier do you want to learn: Black/White OU, Black/White Ubers and if possible DP UU or NU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a Jr high student from Hong Kong who is interested in becoming a doctor or an engineer, i started to take competitive battling the last two years.

If possible I would like to request Kevin Garrett, Reyscarface ,reachzero.

ASSIGNED TO SOMALIA

Username
: Fake Sketch
Shoddy Username: Fake Sketch
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-3, In my time zone 10-12 pm, that means GMT 1-3 am.
Tell us a little about yourself: Im a Chilean computer Ing. Stundent. I started playing shoddy on june, but I sucked a lot...and I still doXD.

Username:HardCore
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: HardCore, SoulTest
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: after 5pm weekdays anytime saturday after 3 sundays (eastern timezone)
What tier do you want to learn?: 5th gen OU (wifi)
Tell us a little about yourself: I am an active teenage boy. I like sports play sports and adventurous activities like fishing, hunting, etc. I like pokemon way too much but I want to get better at 5th gen so I can be one of the best.

If I can I would like to request Zeph

ASSIGNED TO HUNTOFTHELION

Username: smashlloyd20
Shoddy Username: smashlloyd20
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 (4 because of Daylight Savings): 11 PM-2 AM, 4-5 PM on all weekdays besides Wednesday.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW Uber, possibly DPP OU and DPP UU if possible
Tell us a little about yourself: Rolf>Shinon. You know it Mekkah...

ASSIGNED TO ESPYJOEL

Username: doomvendingmachine
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: doomvendingmachine
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, I'm really on most of the time, but 8pm-12am is almost always open for me. Really though, I'm on quite often.
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm decently well known on the battle server (I have drivers there), but I'm always looking to improve my game. I currently go to college at UGA

I would like to request EspyJoel to be my tutor, and he has agreed to tutor me.

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
ASSIGNED TO SEVEN DEADLY SINS

Requesting SDS, he agreed to tutor me.

Username: Nails
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Nails
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Whenever
What tier do you want to learn?: DP OU is what I need to learn mostly.
Tell us a little about yourself: There's a ton that I think I could learn from doing a round of B101, stuff like team building which, overall, I have no clue how to do. I would have signed up a lot earlier, but, it was closed forever. I talked with SDS about it and he told me to sign up.

Personal info: I live in Michigan. I'm a junior in high school. I play hockey and golf, and I'm on my school's quiz bowl team. It's like jeopardy except you don't get money. Uhh... I play the saxophone, but not well. I can't compose a sentence longer than 20 words, I've never understood what a conjunction actually does.

That's basically me.

HSA

INTellectual gamer
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
ASSIGNED TO REYSCARFACE

Username: HSA
Shoddy Username: HSA
Timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-6 6-12 pm on weekdays all day on Saturdays+ Sundays
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm an 18 year old dude living in Texas and I like to do alot of things including basketball, baseball, and video games(including pokemon of

ASSIGNED TO KD24

Username: neut986
Pokemon Online Username: neut986
Timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-6, 5-8 on weekdays, 1-8 on weekends.
Tell us a little about yourself: I've lurked the forums for a while now, and I'm just barely becoming more active. I played a little back in gen IV, but I was never really getting any better. I'd like to get better, so I'm signing up to get tutored.

ASSIGNED TO B-LULZ

Username: Berserker Lord
Pokemon Online/Shoody Usernaame: Berserker Lord
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT, generally around 5:00 PM-9:45 PM for school days besides Wenseday where I am avaliable at around 2:30-9:45 PM. Usually free all day on weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU/ Bw Ubers
tell us a bit about yourself: I've been into competitive Pokemon for around a year and a half. I feel like i'm decent at the current metagame, but know I can improve immensely.

ASSIGNED TO LAMPPOST

Username
: blarajan
Shoddy/Pokemon Online Username: blarajan
Timezone and usual hours of availability: EST 4-12 Monday/Wednesday/Thursday. 9-12 Thursday/Friday. It depends Saturday/Sunday.
Tell us a little about yourself: My name's Rajan. I've been playing Pokemon for about a year now, and I think I've gotten okay. I'd really love to get better though. I do debate/mock trial at school, and work at a Kumon Center on Tuesdays/Fridays.

ASSIGNED TO STONE COLD

Username
: Fried Rhys
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Fried Rhys
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Between 4pm and 12 am on weekdays, weekends are random
Tell us a little about yourself: I build shitty teams lol. I'm pretty good at battling when I finally make a decent team, but it'd be way nicer to be able to make a good team whenever I need to for a tour or something. I also need help with really critical thinking as I tend to get mindless in some of my battles.

ASSIGNED TO AM

Username
: Venser
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Venser
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST 7-9:30 weeknights, all day weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU / BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm your pretty average high school freshman, coasting along on the easy work which gives me plenty of time to play Pokemon! Math and Science are my favorite subjects, and I swim competitively. I've been on Smogon for a while, picked up some info here and there, but there's definite room for improvement which is why I'm signing up.

Assigned to Optimusje

Username:
DialaceStarvy
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: DialaceStarvy
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT, 4:00PM-10:00PM
Tell us a little about yourself: I started competitive battling around after the release of Platinum and, truth be told, never managed to get great at it. I'm getting better, but I think I'm pretty much at the peak of what I can learn by myself. I'm a nerd at heart and anything mathematical will interest me.

ASSIGNED TO MACLE

Username
: Lucien Lachance
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Lucien Lachance (PO)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Central. 7:30 - 10:30 on weekdays and most of the time on weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: OU Fifth Gen
Tell us a little about yourself: Fifth Gen screwed me up... more than 150 new pokemon and a lot are mixed threats? Ugh... My favorite games are Fire Emblem, Elder Scrolls, KotoR, Minecraft, and Warcraft III Reign of Chaos. I'm a massive science nerd as well.

ASSIGNED TO ETERNAL

Username: SatiSuicune
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: SatiSuicune
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, 6-10 PM Weekdays, 3-10 PM Weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I’ve played tennis for 3 years, piano for 7 years, and violin for 3 years. I’m pretty much an average person and want to get better at Pokémon. I would like to request Reachzero to be my tutor, since I asked him back a while back and there hasn’t been a round open besides the last one since I asked him.

ASSIGNED TO BALLABROWN24 (PttP)

Username
: 1. e4 d6
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:Kirbx
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:EST, usually 7 pm -10 pm with the exception of Monday which I can't be on at all
What tier do you want to learn?: 5th gen OU (standard)
Tell us a little about yourself:

I have been lurking around for several years, I have some strong pokemon opinions but have never had the guts to go on Smogon. Eventually I got on, and its decent, although I fear I can never make an impact if my rating is not high. In 4th and 5th gen I am decent, but I rarely break 1200, I want more then decent, I want to be good. And I fear that without help I will never break over that wall. My team building is decent, but there is always room for imporvement, fear it might come down to basic prediction and skill, which I just don't have. I don't expect any miracles here, but a push to get better here would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)