5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Now, I've used this particular seed many times and happen to know it works just fine for me, but now in beta 6, not only does this result not get produced in the time finder, but not a single one of the seeds produced by beta 6 return the predicted IV spread when I use them. What gives?
Having this same problem, also with version 6. Time Finder produces results, but they're different results and the seeds don't give the expected IVs. Putting the IVs I do get into the parameter finder verifies that I hit my second and that all my parameters are spot-on, but the seed that the the parameter finder tells me I hit is totally different than the one Time Finder said I should hit given that same information.

Results continue to be consistent with the seed the parameter finder gives me. So then what's the Time Finder up to?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Now, I've used this particular seed many times and happen to know it works just fine for me, but now in beta 6, not only does this result not get produced in the time finder, but not a single one of the seeds produced by beta 6 return the predicted IV spread when I use them. What gives?
I searched for that seed you mentioned, with the parameters you just listed. It found them in 30 seconds. :/

@OmegaDonut, I think that the seed I found using Time Finder in Beta 5 was incorrect because I tried searching for seeds in Beta 6.3 and it works fine.

I searched for that seed you mentioned, with the parameters you just listed. It found them in 30 seconds. :/
Very bizarre. I just re downloaded RNG reporter to see if that makes a difference. Where does the program store its preferences? Going to try starting completely fresh with it.

EDIT: Never mind. After downloading the program again, it has found that particular seed. Problem solved it seems ^^

Obviously nobody ever saw this so i will repost.

Um, I am non-c-gear RNG manipulating and I am having the hardest time catching an adamant Zekrom. I have done multiple saves (up to 8) and I have gone up to 1540 and I haven't found my starting point.

My seed is 46566F4B7E3040DD. Can anyone help me with my situation?

edit, in order

Rash
Timid
Gentle
some neutral nature
Naughty
Lonely
Hasty
Timid

Its making me MAD!

Um, I am non-c-gear RNG manipulating and I am having the hardest time catching an adamant Zekrom. I have done multiple saves (up to 8) and I have gone up to 1540 and I haven't found my starting point.

edit, in order

Rash
Timid
Gentle
some neutral nature
Naughty
Lonely
Hasty
Timid
Lonely

Its making me MAD!
Do you have a synchronizer?

edit, in order

Rash
Timid
Gentle
some neutral nature
Naughty
Lonely
Hasty
Timid
Lonely

Its making me MAD!
Haven't you tried it with a Synchronize-r?

no....should i be?

If i leave n's castle to catch a munna, wouldnt that mess up my seed and calibration? Let alone find an adamant munna

no....should i be?

If i leave n's castle to catch a munna, wouldnt that mess up my seed and calibration? Let alone find an adamant munna
No, it's just so we know, so we can check your seed.

EDIT: I just checked your seed, but I think you've missed your target on some of the natures. Be sure to check IVs after every capture to see if they match with what you want.

Christian

Veni, vidi, vici
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
How does RNG in double battle work?
If 2 pokemon come out from the grass and I hit my seed, will both pokemon have the desired IV's?

How does breeding work here? I can't seem to be able to get the spread I want because of the IV-inheritance. I'm using a power anklet to forcefully pass down the 0 speed IV, but all other else isn't working. I'm using this seed a45f6e5d which was found in Time Finder when I searched for Gift Pokemon via C-Gear Seeds.

Yes it would be nice if we could get a little more clarity on breeding, especially in regards to inheritance.

I've been trying to breed an Archen for hours now and have NO CLUE what PID frame my eggs are starting on. Whether I hit my Timer0 or not (can tell by the stats that aren't inherited from either parent), I end up with some weird combination of inherited stats and/or a different nature that shows up nowhere in the Reporter's listings for Breeding (BW). I'm not using a Power item, just an Everstone (Adamant.)

Just now I wound up on seed 14B13885D7B573E8 twice in a row with a Female Archen, Adamant, with x/M or F/x/M/F/x stat inheritance, and I can't find a match within the first 400 PID frames for that seed. So far I think the only plausible inheritance match was at 208, but the gender didn't match my result.

The initial PID frame shouldn't be THAT high, should it?

So I'm trying the catch a Modes HP Ice Litwick, but I can't figure out PID
Here's what I've been doing

1. Boot up game at correct time holding the correct button until the part of the into with the castle comes up
2. Open game with no c-gear and sweet scent immediately
3. Catch either
a. Lv 26 Quiet Litwick (with HP Ice)
b. Lv 26 Quirky Litwick (with HP Ice)

why is this happening? Shouldn't I always be catching the same thing since I'm not advancing the PID frame by saving/chatoting? This is basically making it impossible for me to figure out what frame i'm on because I don't know which one (quirky or quiet) is correct and will show up in RNG reporter's PID listing.

EDIT: this also happens for after one save- I either get an Adamant HP ice one or a Lonely HP ice one

1. Boot up game at correct time holding the correct button until the part of the into with the castle comes up
3. Catch either

why is this happening? Shouldn't I always be catching the same thing since I'm not advancing the PID frame by saving/chatoting? This is basically making it impossible for me to figure out what frame i'm on because I don't know which one (quirky or quiet) is correct and will show up in RNG reporter's PID listing.

EDIT: this also happens for after one save- I either get an Adamant HP ice one or a Lonely HP ice one
Go to a floor that has no NPCs.

3. Catch either

The top floor of celestial tower should be safe. Not the toppest but next to it :)

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder

3. Catch either

At 2F there is 1 NPC that's moving randomly, and 3F there are 4 or 5 NPC's, but they only move if you press B. And since you don't have to press B when advancing the PID frame, you can abuse Litwick on 3F. Also, if you want to know your starting frame, you can always go to Wellspring Cave and check it there, just to be sure.

At 2F there is 1 NPC that's moving randomly, and 3F there are 4 or 5 NPC's, but they only move if you press B. And since you don't have to press B when advancing the PID frame, you can abuse Litwick on 3F. Also, if you want to know your starting frame, you can always go to Wellspring Cave and check it there, just to be sure.
ah! that would explain it! so as long as i don't press B, i should get consistent results? and around what numbers should I be searching? my IV spread is on frame one, but I've been in the Celestial tower for a long time, so I don't know if that'll make the PID frame higher

Okay. Just started the game to calibrate at 4/10/11 at 20:30:40 (easy time to remember) and caught a Timid Durant with 9-11/26-27/22-24/29-31/29-31/20-22. Vcount 60, Frame is 6, and funnily, the actual second is +1 (:41), and the Timer0 is C7F, like the last calibration. Will update as I get more info.

UPDATE 1

Searched Standard Seeds (between dates 4/7 and 4/9). Got one result.
4/9/2011 20:47:30 Timer0 is C7F Keys Start Seed:4A14CF662AFC3C76 Frame 6
Alright, that seed turned out to be terrible. I double clicked to put it in adjacents and generated results (With IV frame as 6). I got about 30 results, every single one of them on 4/9/2011 between 20:47:29-31., and every single one of them has Timer0 C7F. Every one. The results that have the desired IVs I want, though, are at 20:47:30, with PID Frames between 40-60. What does this mean?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)