What do you miss most from the Gen. I era?

1) I miss the best music ever created for a pokémon game. In fact, sometimes I want to play it just for the music. The trainer battle is incredible, and the gymn leader music is epic it really tells you that that isn't a normal battle.

2) I miss liking a pokémon caught in the grass, because no one would be better from that species. I like Evs, IVs, natures, etc, but I wanted us to be able to change them (e.g. make it very expensive). Helps RPG.

3) I miss the ignorance of knowing nothing about base power of moves, and the mystery of it all. The surprise when you were leveling Seaking and suddenly he wanted to learn something called "Waterfall" or Kingler's "Crabhammer".

4) Giovanni the best character EVER made for any pokémon thingie. You know he's the boss, a realistic boss, you both fear and respect him. All other posterior villans are twats.

5) Pokémon as animals, the dark feel about the game. Now it's all too shiny and friendly.

6) The Mew-Mewtwo thing. You really knew something dark was around, and it was all so mysterious.

7) The legendary trio and Dragonite being so damn rare. You never saw them coming. They were mysterious too, not something like Dialga that you hear since you are born.

8) No pokémon was really bad or outclassed, they all were cool in its way.

9) Elite 4 being a challenge, you weren't used to that.

10) The animations of some attacks were never matched by later games. Hyper Beam was the most epic thing ever, you knew that black screen with the spiraling countdown meant doom. Psychic with that trippy sound and the waving screen including the text, epic. Thunder will the black screen and the thunder falling. Negative screens FTW. Ice Beam with that amazing quick freezing sound, like Aurora Beam. Rock Slide techno sound.

11) TMs that never were TMs anymore. Pay Day, Softboiled, Seismic Toss, etc.

12) Seeing constantly moves now forgotten like Barrage or Pay Day.

13) Using Pidgeot just like it was so good as any of the legendary trio.

Nothing because I can still play it if I want.

I if I did miss something it would be Gyarados' dominance in it, after RBY he became useless! At least for GSC; I have not played any other Pokemon >=D

i miss missingno....bird types were awesome.
i also liked some of the old animations (solarbeam looks lame and hyper beam is too fruity). also, in the first generation dragonite was fierce and intimidating. now hes all soft and plushy =(

i miss missingno....bird types were awesome.
i also liked some of the old animations (solarbeam looks lame and hyper beam is too fruity). also, in the first generation dragonite was fierce and intimidating. now hes all soft and plushy =(
Yes, I forgot about the RBY animations; they were ownage.

Hyper Beam = O_O

Hydro Pump = O_O

Blizzard = O_O

Dragon Rage = O_O

Fire Blast = O_O

Solar Beam = O_O

Crab Hammer = O_O

etc.

>:D

i hope they make a game with every single game on it thats right.
Pokemon red
pokemon blue
pokemon yellow
pokemon gold
pokemon silver
pokemon crystal
pokemon ruby
pokemon sapphire
pokemon emerald
pokemon fire red
pokemon leaf green
pokemon diamond
pokemon pearl
pokemon platinum
pokemon heart gold
pokemon soul silver
pokemon black
pokemon white

you guys are lucky. I never lived in that society.
Oh, I miss not knowing that pidgeotto was underevolved. I used him all the time...

Freshness.

That really sums it up for me. Pokemon Red was not only the first Gameboy game I played for more than five minutes, it was also the most addictive game I had played up to point, period. It was completely new to me, and I remember thinking of it completely differently than I do now.

Yeah, it's all nostalgia I know. I remember buying a guide for Japanese G/S (the guide was in English.) before G/S even came out. No matter how much I spoiled myself about Gold, the game was everything I could have ever hoped it would be and more.

I miss being really impressed with every game I played. Now I'm just disappointed with everything left and right. Even if I still enjoy them, they don't amaze me anymore. I suppose that's an adult thing, we can't be so easily amused anymore. But it's sad that I could spoil myself of a whole game and I love it to no end, but then later games I don't spoil a thing but that spark isn't there.

Catching Pokemon just because they were cool, not just because they were strong. It was nice seeing a cute/cool Pokemon and catching it and not having to worry what the stats were.

Yes! The battle animations! I almost forgot about those until I read through some other posts.

Otherwise, 151 wasn't so bad to catch them all. You could do it and still claim to have a life. I managed to get all 250 in silver, but after that...

When I started to play on my red/blue on my old gameboy pocket again about 2 years ago, I actually started to look into/study the coding.

The single most impressive thing for me is how much they were able to do with such little space for programming and memory. The limitations they had to work to overcome are evident in some of the glitches that became so famous. Just so amazing in what they did for those games.

I think someone said this already, but I really do miss the feeling of not knowing whether a Pokemon was good or bad. Like now, when I was playing through White for the first time, I couldn't just catch and use something because I thought it looked kinda cool, I felt obligated to check what it evolved into, whether it would be useful to a balanced team, whether I got the right ability or not.

In my first Red Version, way back when it came out, I caught whatever I came across and just beat stuff up with my Venusaur. I didn't care what my opponents had, because Venusaur, Pidgeot, Articuno, and the rest of my guys looked cool and won and stuff.

I also miss how hard the dungeons were. Mt. Moon was hell, my whole team was poisoned and I was out of Potions when I finally got out after a couple weeks. I had to step carefully to get to the Cerulean Pokemon Center.

Honestly, what I have noticed since black and white came out was more of my friends playing again, we are 17.18,19,20. It's the first time since really Ruby and Sapphire that I noticed this. I was a sophomore in high school when D/P came out, and some kid in my history class was like omg pokemon D/P comes out today and I was playing my DS but Final Fantasy. I was like wow, more pokemon?!!? But I ended up never playing D/P. I got back into pokemon really last year but played FR/LG for the longest time before that even when D/P was out. Now it seems like all my friends are playing B/W and it's good in a sense. One of my better friends and I are going to the VGCs and I never even knew he played until december of last year.

I miss the simple gameplay, and when I was little how I had a link cable and everyone would say want to battle? and of course I say Yeah. and legit wipe the floor with them.

team: Venusaur/Arcanine/Electabuzz/Lapras/Alakazam/Nidoking

Good ole days truly, now we have to go about with IV/EVS/Nature/Ability. Which in R/S I didn't mind.

I can understand being embarrassed of pokemon now, but I still talk about it in public with some friends. But I am so far away from extreme nerd, I would go for more of Jock, which is strange for someone who loves Pokemon. Since Blue and the first anime episode. I guess the times have really changed and yet my gf's little bro started in HG and now to Black. So he's the new Gen of trainers when he awes in amazement of my team and their stats etc.

Missingno! wow the old glitch. I remember that so clear. Cinnabar Island lol. The rumors Mew under truck, Pikablu, etc.

One other thing I must add is that I miss the darkness of the sprites as others said they hardly look intimidating, with some exceptions but come on Skitty,Miccino, etc.

The atmosphere. You're a kid going out into the unknown and there are a ton of awesome animals jumping at you. The graphics and music made it, especially the Pokemon's sprites. They weren't openly trying to copy the official art/anime like later generations/yellow, and that showed. Like RB Exeggutor - any other game, it's pretty much saying "DERP I R ORANGE TREE", in this one it actually looks like a threat worthy of Gary Motherfucking Oak.

Plus the wild Pokemon. Not every route was full of vendor trash or Pokemon that my 10-year old self wouldn't think to use/already has; There was pretty much something new in every location, and usually some pleasant surprises for someone that gets lucky (EX: Magmar/Electabuzz/Ditto/etc).

The sprites, the music, the fact that every Pokémon is recognizable and feels unique... Aswell as the awesome glitches and funny little details that you mzy notice, but didn't notice before.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)