Dreams

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
I had a dream that I was asleep.

And then I woke up.

But I was still asleep.
INCEPTION

one of my favorite sensations when dreaming is to be able to breathe underwater - often time when I do this I realize it's obviously a dream, but then I just relax and enjoy it, like if I am swimming in a pool with dream people and sink to the bottom without feeling the pressure of the water and straining my lungs, and I just breathe shallowly and slowly, laying out flat on the bottom.

I think I've only had less than five dreams where I was flying, and yeah, like cookie I needed some type of mechanism to allow it, like a broomstick or I had to think "I'm a witch, only witches can fly."

I once had a dream that my house was being broken into and after I woke up I realized that my house had actually been broken into while I was sleeping.

Super

This space for rent
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
A (very cool) recurring theme in my dreams are superpowers. However, I've found that you still have to obey weird sets of rules even if you realise you're in a dream. For example, if I want to fly I can't just fly, I have to devise some sort of mechanism in order to do so, like straining myself. I'm interested to see whether this is the case for everyone else or if my subconscious just likes making things hard for me.
I've had more or less the same recurring theme, complete with kicking ass. My main problem though is that sometimes its half assed. Blimps fly faster than me, and when I try shooting energy shit from my hands, they don't work when it worked 5 minutes ago. Luckily instant respawn is my most common superpower.

Yeah I don't really get nightmares anymore.

I didn't know that dreams were just random concoctions of your subconscious. :/
I've always read that they're either incomplete thoughts, or at least reflections of what's going on down there. I'll do some more reading, and/or watch some more House.

My dreams are always really strange. I seem to get electrocuted in many of them, and it's usually a situation I can avoid. It's never really a nightmare, though. I haven't had one of those in a while.

the problem with dreams is that nobody else gives a shit what you hallucinated about last night. there is nothing less interesting than someone who talks about material accessible only to themselves, let alone when it's not even a coherent narrative. all dream conversations i have been involved in have been exactly like this thread - everyone ignores everyone else and tries to interject their own experiences and bring the subject back to themselves.

boring.

god. yes. please! there's nothing i could add to this to make it more true. i have a lot of interest in dreams and sometimes i write them down, but it's all for myself.

EDIT: i'd rather talk about the time than about the dream you had last night with the fruit seller and the crazy flaming helicopter.

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
god. yes. please! there's nothing i could add to this to make it more true. i have a lot of interest in dreams and sometimes i write them down, but it's all for myself.

EDIT: i'd rather talk about the time than about the dream you had last night with the fruit seller and the crazy flaming helicopter.
last night with the fruit seller and the crazy flaming helicopter.
last night with the fruit seller
fruity doomsday

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
i dreamt doomsday came to rescue me from a forum but if i told him he probably wouldn't like me back

I have a lot of adventure dreams, dreams where I go to some place I've never been before and usually without a purpose other than just going there. One interesting aspect of my "dream world" is that my dreams are hardly ever set in places I actually know, such as home or school. The settings of my dreams are for the most part entirely made up by my subconscious. Sometimes, places that are complete inventions of my mind occur in multiple different dreams. One dream I've had at least twice is that I've escaped from some building and am running to a safehouse in a suburban area. Nobody is actively chasing me, though. The areas I am running through, the places I escaped from, and the safehouses were, both times I had the had that sort of dream, entirely made-up, and were different in the two different versions.

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
i dreamt once that i fingered a girl via a portal

now you're thinking with portals!

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
?

"...the gun's masculine symbolism is subverted by the fact that it shoots portals rather than bullets. Portals are oval-shaped openings that are visually and spatially connected; go in one and you'll come out the other. The Portal Gun creates connections rather than destroying life. It is through innovative placement of these connections, or portals, that goals are achieved or enemies overcome. A psychoanalytic reading would likely conclude that the portal is an image of the female sex organs: oval and receptive, and also a metaphorical birth canal through which the protagonist is constantly being born into new trials..."

All you people who get lucid dreams are really goddamn lucky. The moment you realize you're in a dream there are so many things you can do; fly, become invisible, teleport, drive a car and whatnot. I've always wanted that but I just end up getting disappointing dreams where I get a box of chocolates and leave it to devour later, only to wake up and go like FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
All you people who get lucid dreams are really goddamn lucky. The moment you realize you're in a dream there are so many things you can do; fly, become invisible, teleport, drive a car and whatnot. I've always wanted that but I just end up getting disappointing dreams where I get a box of chocolates and leave it to devour later, only to wake up and go like FUUUUUUUUUUUUU
It's not as simple as that, often time when I realize I am in a dream there are still inexplicable restrictions for what I can and cannot do, often contextually based within the dream. It's much like what cookie and fishy said to fly they must force some sort of other condition upon themselves within the dream 'to be a witch' or whatever, some sort of mechanism. I find this applies to my (rare) lucid dreams I'm trying to do something and half the time I cannot because I cannot solve the restriction.

I also hate half-sleep, where I was previously in a light sleep from a car trip or something and I suddenly become conscious but I cannot move fluidly and it takes a great effort to open my eyes and move my limbs and I feel really helpless and it sucks. Of course, I become fully awake in about a minute, but that minute of helplessness is complete ass.

Rather than superpowers, almost all my dreams are about things i would love to do, like when I was a scientist, and by studying a bird´s corpse covered in oil found in a shore I discovered a substance capable of focusing the oil in little, extractable balls (f*ck you Greenpeace).

Also most of my dreams involve people I know, but for some reason they are anime styled while I´m normal, i don´t get why because I dont like anime that much.

I can do the dream control thing too when I realize how bizarre my situation is, but I just let things flow (except when I´m dreaming imposible things like my father buying me a PC just because he felt like it... I wake up instantly).

you can see what is on the other side dude, obviously you wouldn't stick it through if you saw someone hideous you wouldn't fuckin' do it

It's not as simple as that, often time when I realize I am in a dream there are still inexplicable restrictions for what I can and cannot do, often contextually based within the dream. It's much like what cookie and fishy said to fly they must force some sort of other condition upon themselves within the dream 'to be a witch' or whatever, some sort of mechanism. I find this applies to my (rare) lucid dreams I'm trying to do something and half the time I cannot because I cannot solve the restriction.
Same here. If I can control a dream, I MUST stay within the confines of that dream (staying in school versus flying through Arizona) and depending on the dream there are other restrictions.

I don't think I've ever had a flying dream before.

Usually I save the world in my dreams. I've also had repeating dreams, dream series (a couple of dreams that tell a story), kind of repeating dreams (Repeating/Series dream mix where the story is changed or some parts thrown out in favor of something new), and once I had the same exact STRANGE dream that my cousin had.

The dream the one user had with the cows reminds me of the dream the Pharoah had from King of Dreams where it represents twelve years of abundance and then twelve years of famine.

Focus

Ubers Tester Extraordinaire
Last night I dreamt that I was standing by some river, and then all these cows started coming out of the river for some goddam reason, there were six or seven of them I think, anyway they were healthy normal-looking cows and they started grazing by the riverside. Good scene right?

Then all of a sudden these ugly diseased-looking zombie cows came out of the river as well and started cannibalizing the healthy cows. It was fucking disgusting let me tell you. The healthy cows were torn limb from limb until there was nothing left of them. Cow blood and guts everywhere. What the fuck is that shit? It was like some messed-up Dawn of the Dead except with cows.

So yeah good luck interpreting that.
It is prophetic! Sounds to me like there will be seven years of bounty and prosperity in your country followed by seven years of drought and hardship. Yep. Pretty much what Cinder said.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)