Gen V Initial UU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though Kyurem is a powerful presence in UU, it shouldn't go beyond BL. It couldn't stand a chance in OU, its weaknesses just won't allow for it to be viable there. As a sweeper, even though its stats look impressive, its movepool is lacking, and even if Focus Blast can take out Steels, its Accuracy is unreliable. Steels such as Registeel, Cobalion, and Durant can easily rid of it, and I don't see any of them coming out of UU. Having no boosting moves other than Hone Claws limits its ability to set up (although a gimmicky Mixed Set consisting of HC/Blizzard/Outrage could work). I can see it being a revenge killer utilizing a Choice Scarf or a powerful Hail sweeper. Kyurem should at least be given a chance in UU, despite its obvious strengths.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
It hasn't even been a whole day and we already have underrated mons shining.

I see soooo much Sawsbuck discussion, but none on Lilligant. Seriously, Lilligant is only 12 times better. Xatu is a bitch, but you can OHKO it with +2 HP Fire in Sun with ease. Once Xatu is out of the way, you're free to pretty much set-up on anything with sleep powder and then tear apart teams.

Quite honestly this tier would be better with Vulpix gone, but I gotta abuse it for now to get to voting.

Focus

Ubers Tester Extraordinaire
A lot of the top UU should be put into the BL category
That is going to eventually happen, no doubt, but UU has been defined for one day! Strategies are going to be popping in and out of the metagame like it's nobody's business until things have settled down a bit. THEN we can discuss what (if anything) needs to be sent to BL.

AB2

is an absolute ape
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Kyurem is really really good in UU, especially with Toxic Spikes since if you give it a small HP investment Chansey is unable to break it substitutes. Also, Curselax is surprisingly a lot better than I had thought it would be. Its really weird to see a lot of mons that were OU and even Uber last gen being UU in this one.

Sigilyph, Azelf, Deo-D, Slowbro. Psychic types are going to dominate this meta.
I doubt it. Weavile and Bisharp are both down here, along with Absol.

UU looks pretty fun to me, although given what's down here, I'm thinking this is going to be a good gen to Heracross, especially as an excalibur to slay our big old ice dragon. I'm a little sad that my favorite Gen V team, the Bisharp/Gengar offensive core, is no longer viable without cross-tiering, but Mismagius might be able to pick up some of the slack and I still feel Bisharp has some use as a surprise option in OU for Sucker Punching Lati@s and Deo-S.

Sigilyph is looking pretty sexy right now, though, since both of his Cosmic Power set's main counters are in OU now; all that's left is making sure your opponent can't switch in Houndoom on it.

I dunno if it's gonna be a sun-dominated meta; are people REALLY so desperate for sun that they're going to essentially waste a slot on Vulpix, which will be outsped and OHKO'd by well...EVERYTHING? It's nowhere near as reliable as Hippowtas, and Abomasnow is finally the best weather-inducer in town.

I'm also thinking Weavile's gonna be pretty happy that all the Mach-Punchers left the playground, and he's got a ton of beastly psychics to pick on.

MMF

Give me the strength to part this sea
I love how no one is prepared for or even thinks about DD Kingdra. Its amazing and very overlooked.

SMASHPASS. it will wreck you, I say every team needs a very bulky phazer now, or you risk getting easily 6-0ed. That or some sort of gaurenteed check or counter to it. one of the best imo is crobat with a super fast taunt, and whirlwind (lol). although there are ways around it, it's hard as hell to beat.

Man so much stuff. DEFINITELY getting into UU this gen.

Notable threats (going from top to bottom, top most likely to be banned soon):

Kyurem
Victini
Mew
Suicune
Azelf
Shaymin
Celebi

lots of other stuff, but that seems to be the most important.

I am actually very surprised that Tyranitar is number 2 in the world, but again, that makes me sort of happy. Tyranitar is epic win.

Thus ends the rein of the all time OU pokemon

Snorlax and Zapdos are now UU, that means Gengar and Starmie are the only pokemon to be OU since the first generation!!!

Weavile has some really weak attacks, its best STAB moves it has access to are around 75 base power. Crappy ass typing doesn't help either. It was pretty meh last gen even.
Weavile's actually pretty good, the problem is what it's got to work with. Its job last gen was as a quick dragon-killer, but now there's so many stronger pokemon it's been forced down.

It's still a force to be reckoned with if you underestimate it, and it was often my MVP in Gen IV, but I admit Weavile got kinda screwed this gen by the super-strong fighting types in OU, especially Conkeldurr, and the fact that instead of Technician, which would have made it AWESOME, it got a load of **** from the Dream World.

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I think BW UU is shaping up to be similar to DPP OU. A lot of the same pokes, a lot of the same styles possible. On paper, it looks like it will pretty balanced (after a few no brainer bans). I'm looking forward to it.

Weavile's actually pretty good, the problem is what it's got to work with. Its job last gen was as a quick dragon-killer, but now there's so many stronger pokemon it's been forced down.

It's still a force to be reckoned with if you underestimate it, and it was often my MVP in Gen IV, but I admit Weavile got kinda screwed this gen by the super-strong fighting types in OU, especially Conkeldurr, and the fact that instead of Technician, which would have made it AWESOME, it got a load of **** from the Dream World.
Technician Weavile would have been pretty nice, but yeah it's pretty screwed for moves. Icicle Drop would have been neat at least. And it has a buffed Beat Up, that's something I guess.

Technician Weavile would have been pretty nice, but yeah it's pretty screwed for moves. Icicle Drop would have been neat at least. And it has a buffed Beat Up, that's something I guess.
To be fair, there's not a whole lot of difference between Icicle Drop and Ice Punch, I don't think the 10 BP would have made a huge difference.

Technician Weavile would have been a HUGE upgrade, though.

To be honest, this seems more like the OU lite, I am not saying this is bad, but some people will prefer to play with far less used pokemon. And the NU tier will just become last gens UU, I really hope there will be a split in NU, becuase it needs it, it was close last gen, this gen it needs to happen.

Nas

Banned deucer.
Guess it's time to start kicking some ass in UU again. Also yay, we finally have some good dragons.

Chansey will wall the moon and back, i'm faily surprised that bronzong is OU, altough i'm missing him, i'm sure it will not be for long, i'm looking forward to see how slowbros is gonna destroy stuff, and dusclops is gonna make an awesome stall

Predict: vulpix is gonna get the kicked out, and Kyurem as well, mew will be banned and azelf too

Once Magic Mirror is factored in, there is no doubt in my mind that Espeon won't last much longer in UU. Once it's promoted, no doubt Xatu would take its place as a common UU hazard reflecter.

As for Ditto... I'd like to see it become OU, but I'm really not sure if it will. Maybe it'll make BL if such a tier is made?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)