Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

can someone explain me the NPC thing?
i'm trying to rng (platinum)
also i want to know what people normally use for calibrated delays (platinum)
thanks in advance

I want to RNG the Lake of Rage Red Gyarados. I heard that it's not method 1, what exactly should I do then? Is there any other troublesome stuff like no rain at Lake of Rage or searching the spread manually?

This way already be in the forums somewhere but I would be glad if someone could answer me directly. I'm trying to achieve an odd delay (713); using pikatimer. And I am only getting even delays like 714, 712 etc. Can someone help me correct this, if it is possible? Because it's really annoying to miss my seed by just one delay! :S

Hi, I just purchased a copy of Heart Gold and am trying to get myself a shiny flawless adamant Totodile but I don't really know where to begin. My only experience with RNGing was using it for Gen 5 to get a few studs for breeding. I'm guessing you use the Pandora's Box thing? But whenever I put in desired PID for a shiny flawless spread I get an error saying an unhandled exception occurred in the application. Sorry to ask such noob stuff right here, thanks for your patience and any help.
Are you talking beginning of the game or later from the Daycare. Either way you must find out your SID first. Also I don't advise trying to abuse the one you get from Elm as it is a pain. If you really want to I'll try and dig up some guides, but in the meantime go through the game so that you can unlock all the prerequisites outlined in post 2 for RNG Breeding.

How many frame advances the pokèradar (on PT,used 1 time)?
Read this for Poke Radar help

can someone explain me the NPC thing?
i'm trying to rng (platinum)
also i want to know what people normally use for calibrated delays (platinum)
thanks in advance
In DPPt, normal delay is anywhere between 600-680, start with 620 and work from there. As to NPC's, what exactly are you concerned about? If its for catching, each area potentially has different NPC's that advance the frame, for breeding THERE ARE ALWAYS NPC's advancing the frame which means you need to calibrate to figure how much each time you do a new egg, if its for a wondercard then there are a few marts with only one moving NPC but they can still cause frame headaches. Overall NPC's are dickholes who enjoy ruining an RNGers fun.

I want to RNG the Lake of Rage Red Gyarados. I heard that it's not method 1, what exactly should I do then? Is there any other troublesome stuff like no rain at Lake of Rage or searching the spread manually?
I'm going to try this out myself before I even try to theorize on it. Just by doing a simple search it seems that it is generated the same method as chained shinies but no one seems to know the corresponding method k frame.

This way already be in the forums somewhere but I would be glad if someone could answer me directly. I'm trying to achieve an odd delay (713); using pikatimer. And I am only getting even delays like 714, 712 etc. Can someone help me correct this, if it is possible? Because it's really annoying to miss my seed by just one delay! :S
Either add a GBA game to your DS, or remove if you have one in already. Or on the game menu scroll down and up.

You can also adjust the year by 1 to change the delay to an even delay( since your target is 713 in 2011, in 2012 it will be 712 or in 2010 714). I don't recommend this method though.

Need a little help

Hello guys.

I'm new to this RNG process, and I have some questions regarding a flawless ditto I'm trying to catch.

I'm using the 5d000242 seed for Method K Pokémon (im on ss), with a Calm Sync in the lead.

Based on that, my pokémon should pop out at frame 10. (Calm, flawless)

I'm planning to catch this Ditto on route 47, but I wanna be sure if I'm doing it right.

Frame - Roamers RNG - Sweet Scent Monster Frame would be = 6.

10 - 2 - 2 = 6. Am I calculating this correctly?
After 6 calls to elm, I should use Sweet Scent, right?

And heres comes another thing. I wanna be sure Ditto is the pokemon I find.
I don't really undestand the encounter slots thing, but it says Sweet Scent : 2 in the RNG Reporter, and checking in a database, Ditto is slot 2 in route 47.

Can anyone help me with this?

do 128 stepsxnumber of pokemon in your party advance the frame in HGSS like it does in 5th gen?

hypothetically then could i make enough calls to land to a frame 3 frames before the target and walk into lugias cave and walk/surf 128 steps with 2 pokemon in party??

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
do 128 stepsxnumber of pokemon in your party advance the frame in HGSS like it does in 5th gen?

hypothetically then could i make enough calls to land to a frame 3 frames before the target and walk into lugias cave and walk/surf 128 steps with 2 pokemon in party??
Sure, as long as you're talking about Lugia's inner cave (the one with no random encounters).

I've been trying to do RNG breeding for a while, but I am having some problems. I'm using HeartGold. I'm trying to hatch a Careful Ralts with 31 in everything but SpA. My problem is I cannot figure out what frame I am hitting. How can I calibrate the frame? Thanks in advance.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
I've been trying to do RNG breeding for a while, but I am having some problems. I'm using HeartGold. I'm trying to hatch a Careful Ralts with 31 in everything but SpA. My problem is I cannot figure out what frame I am hitting. How can I calibrate the frame? Thanks in advance.
Did you already abuse for shininess/ability/nature/gender?

Buckert

I didn't use RNG, but I do have the egg I want ready to take from the Day Care Man.
Alright, did you do a test hatch?

Now, go to RNG Reporter's Time Finder, and go to 4th Gen Egg IV's. There, enter the IV's from the parents you got into there, enter the desired IV's and hit generate. Find yourself a seed on at least frame 9, maximum frame 20. Just hit that delay, advance to -1 before your spread and then take the egg as fast as you can. :)

Hatch test is checking it without saving after right? I did that.
Sorry for my ignorance, but how do you advance by -1?
Also, IDK if it matters, but I can use the IV check code.

he means advance the frame to 1 before your desired spread and then pick the egg up. As long as you know both parents IV's determining what frame you hit is easy, especially if your using an IV check code.

Buckert

1. Hatch test is checking it without saving after right? I did that.
2. Sorry for my ignorance, but how do you advance by -1?
3. Also, IDK if it matters, but I can use the IV check code.
1. Yes sir.
2. Well, with that I meant if your seed is on frame 18, you have to advance to frame 17.
3. I don't know if you have time to get your AR in on time, but if you want to use it afterwards, you have to save, and if you do that, you have to breed another egg.

OK. Then I have the problem of hitting the right delay. How can I check that I hit the right delay and the right frame? I've tried verifying the delay with Elm Calls, but I think the frame is throwing it off. Should I just SR until I get one of the possible frames for that seed?

OK. Then I have the problem of hitting the right delay. How can I check that I hit the right delay and the right frame. I've tried verifying the delay with Elm Calls, but I think the frame is throwing it off. Should I just SR until I get one of the possible frames for that seed?
Are you sure your calibration is correct? Set the delays in the seed to time to +/- 999 so if your hitting your time youll know where your at even if you are way off, enter that into the hit delay and repeat until you hit it

and as for your question about AR, you can use it just fine, instead of Soft reseting, load the game from the AR menu at the end of the first timer

It looks as if you were right. I think my calibrated frame was off. I'll see if I can figure it out now. Thanks.

I've been trying to hatch a shiny shroomish egg in Platinum to have 31/31/31/x/31/31, and have only now realized that the fact that it's shiny is probably why my coin flip results are so far off that they don't even show up in the adjacent results. Is RNG Reporter capable of giving me the info I need to get this done, or should I give up now so I can stop slamming my face into a wall?

Yes, I realize I'm not posting any of the relevant information, I figured it would be pointless if it turns out that this won't even work anyway. If I CAN get my awesome-stat shroomish from this existing shiny egg, then I'll post all the info. I have read the PRNG guide, so if this is already explained somewhere in it, then I am a huge idiot for failing to notice it, and I apologize.

EDIT: Okay I'm just going to tack the info I originally typed up onto this, even though it may be pointless.

If it helps at all, my ID/SID are 22237/01105.

What are you trying to capture\hatch?
Shroomish with 31/31/31/x/31/31, shiny. Egg is already confirmed shiny with appropriate nature/ability: Jolly/ability 1.

What is your target seed and frame? What is the delay of that seed?
I've actually tried a variety of them, all with the same failure described below. The latest attempt:
Seed: 280B0442 / Frame: 10 / Delay: 1079

How did you verify your seed?
Coin flips. Game is saved with this app showing. This is where things start to go completely wrong: I can't even find the results for the coin flip sequences I'm getting in the adjacent rows generated by RNG Reporter. This is happening with every single seed/frame/delay combo. I don't know how else to locate it, as by the time I can dash out and catch a monster to check my seed/delay, it's apparently too late because it gives a "check your date/time" error.

If you tried and failed, what results did you get?
RNG Reporter's output for above seed/frame/delay:
T,H,H,T,T,T,T,T,H,T
What I've gotten:
H,T,T,T,H,H,T,T,T,H
H,T,T,T,H,H,T,H,T,H
H,H,H,T,T,T,T,H,H,H

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 19)