# 4 on smogon

Hey everyone pretty bored this evening so decided to post up my team see if has any opinions how I can make this even better. I just started up playing gen5 like 2 weeks ago I got tired of playing yugioh which is beyond using any skill to win. Pokemon has its haxs but still overall better teams/predicting wins games. I always been attracted to stall teams being able to predict and have a team with synergy is something I really like in my teams.

Skarmory (M) @ Shed Shell
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP /176 Def / 64 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Whirlwind
- Spikes
- Brave Bird
- Roost

Not too much to say about this pretty standard. Shed Shell is awesome helps me get away from Chandelure's running around and lets me trap it with tar or set up with bliss. Here to soak up most of the physical hits and roost them off while setting up my spikes and phasing everyone. Real beast it is being able to take +2 from excadrills and Cloyster and send them out.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 32 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss
- Softboiled
- Stealth Rock

The very original skarm/bliss combo I just made it up I swear... Ok so maybe not. Even with the generations getting more aggressive and crazy attack powers together they are still a good combo and bliss on its own can wall a good amount of pokes. I use seismic toss over flamethrower or ice beam it seems to be working fine even tho I don't have a way of damaging ghosts they usually can't do anything back to me. Toxic has been amazing and having bliss set up rocks for me helps alot so I dont have to heavily rely on skarm to do so.

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 192 Def / 72 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Fling
- Protect

This guy is awesome. Counter to almost ground/fighting running around. Toxicroak/conkeldurr/terroakion/ excadrill even when its holding its balloon. Acrobatics gives nice coverage with earthquake. Gliscor does a very good job vs Garchomp as well. + immunity to electrics makes a awesome poke for the team. Being able to switch in and activate poison heal then fling the toxic orb at their counter has to be my favorite move.

Chandelure (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Overheat
- Energy Ball
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

My trapper/revenge killer. Base SPA being so high makes it perfect for the set. This thing seems to be everywhere lol. Great at trapping other Skarms and ferrothorns awesome @ switching in while they try to set up rocks. Keeps them from adding up their own hazards and trapping espeon trying to bounce my own hazards back at me. I use HP Ice over fighting it wasn't doing enough damage to tar so I figure go for more coverage. HP Ice gets rid of gliscor and garchomp pretty easy but usually I try to scout early on I don't want to get destroyed by a scarfed garchomp.

Sableye (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Def / 228 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Toxic
- Confuse Ray

This guy pisses me off at how annoying he is. I know taunt is usually the norm on him I just like confuse ray so much while they're burned/poisoned in the sand. I had a swords danced excadrill waiting to sweep me I confused it and whacked itself to death like 40%. He's here to pass status around and buy me some time. The evs keep me from getting 2hko by gengars shadow ball so I have time to burn it 1 turn confuse it the next and still have time to recover. Pretty cheap but it works =)

Confuse ray
Don't worry emo kids.... Sometimes pokemon hurt themselves in confusion too!

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Crunch
- Pursuit

I hate other chandelures =) Along with espeons so trapping is something he does awesme with pursuit. One of the best things about running stall is I don't have to worry about having trouble switching to a answer which makes it way easier to go ahead and lock myself into a move with tar. Having tar or Hippo is a must not only for the residual damage but to also keep the weather changing in my favor so my opponents from destroying me with boosted toxicroaks/vensaurs.

Again any help is appreciated or opinions on how stall sucks I'll take that too lol.

You will need to expand your descriptions on each Pokemon or this thread will be soon locked. "This thing seems to be everywhere lol." is not an example of a good description. One that describes how the Pokemon aids your team and why it/its moves were chosen is better. This will enable the raters to see how your team functions without having to test it for themselves and give you a better rate. Have a look at the archive to see what is expected.

To post images you can simply copy-paste them from a website or press the image button above your reply (the mountain) and paste in the image's URL.

Also I strongly recommend Taunt on Sableye as it allows him to shut down so many Pokes that try to phaze him etc. Also you are complete taunt bait yourself, with MH Taunters like Whimiscott and Thunderus forcing you out and possibly setting up. Thus Night Shade is an option so you can deal some consistant damage and perhaps ride out the now shortened taunt.

Good Luck.

Being #1 means you are pretty much the best. If anything i would give a minor suggestion to use counter on blissey. I find it more useful than seismic toss personally

Yea confuse ray is a awesome move really good way to frustrate opponents into making bad moves.

thanks jmac.. Idk about counter i dont want my blisss taking many physical attacks especially with so many fighting moves out there.

I beat this team a while back when I still played DW, definitely a well-constructed team. However, I can offer a bit of advice. Your Blissey isn't using any special attacks, so why not change it to Chansey? You gain higher defenses (especially on the physical side) and you only lose a small amount of wish HP and leftovers. Just a though, excellent team!

How long is awhile back I barely finished it like a week ago.

Thanks for the advice on chansey im thinking about trying it out. Leftovers does seem important tho

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)