Nature: sassy
Item: leftovers
Evs: 252 hp / 252 sp def / 4 def
Ivs: 0 speed
Gyro ball
Spikes
Toxic spikes
Rapid spin

The standard uber stall lead in the 5th gen with sturdy being upgraded to a 'free' focus sash.
I generally try to get up toxic spikes first, vs opposing deoxys leads or other random fast leads i use gyro ball to get around the taunt.
Vs opposing forretress leads i try set up one layer of entry hazards then switch to my ghost arceus to spin block.

Ferrothorn
Nature: sassy
Ivs: 0 speed
Evs: 252 hp / 252 spdef / 4 att
Gyro ball
Spikes
Stealth rock
Power whip

Ferrothorn can counter several difficult to counter pokemon such as kyogore, zekrom and palkia. He is an additional user of entry hazards and his stab attacks hit hard.
I consider putting in groudon here instead of ferrothorn just to help vs steels like dialga that are immune to toxic spikes and are genreally difficult to counter. Also dual weather is appealing, as is my groudon luring in opponents lugia which are just hazard set up bait. No pokemon currently on my team would ever lure in lugia if my opponent knew what they were doing.

Lugia
Nature: timid
Evs: 252 hp / 64 def / 192 speed
Whirlwind
Ice beam
Toxic
Roost

The great wall. No uber stall team would fufill its potential without this pokemon. He can check many threats and phaze stat boosters very reliably with his great bulk on both sides of the spectrum.
I choose toxic over reflect because i've found myself facing other lugias with no way to damage them and i find it allows lugia to stall out alot of pokemon it otherwise couldn't.
It's evd to reach 334 speed to outrun garchomp and base 100s

Arceus
Nature: timid
Item: spooky plate
Evs: 252 hp / 252 speed / 4 def
Flamethrower
Judgement
Recover
Perish song

My teams spin blocker, i just had to fit in arceus somewhere and i don't really like giratina and shadow tag chandelure is unreleased so i went this route.
Perish song is an additional phazing move and helps in certain situations, and it is nice to have it vs random inconstent user noobs. Flamethrower and judgement together have very good coverage. Flamethrower deals with pesky forretress that i spin block.
I go for max speed to tie with other arceus, but i do contemplate going down to 351 or 334 or even 318.

Chansey
Nature: calm
Item: eviolite
Evs: 252 def / 252 spdef/ 4 hp
Ability: natural cure
Wish
Softboiled
Toxic
Seismic toss

The pink blob is here not because i like it as a pokemon, but because it does a job no other pokemon except its big sister can do.
I need it to switch into opposing reshiram/kyogore and it generally acts as my teams special wall. I choose it over blissey as it has higher physical defense to survive if i mispredict the opponents move set. Wish greatly helps out my other team memebers.

Kyogore
Nature: modest
Item: choice scarf
Evs: 252 spatt / 252 speed / 4 hp
Surf
Thunder
Sleep talk
Water spout

Kyogore has awesome stats and can act as a check to darkrai and mewtwo and several other pokemon in a pinch and also act as a threat and a late game sweeper with a choice scarf attached.
Kyogore can also act as a lead and the rain helps my two 4x fire weak pokemon.
Sleep talk is there over ice beam because I hate Darkrai and i'm not removing it, it just makes me feel better.

THREAT LIST:
Rayquaza: Is generally walled by lugia. Vs rare specs or scarf special or mixed sets i could run into problems, but with intelligent prediction and double switching i should be able to work around these.
If it is locked into outrage i have two steels that can abuse it as an opportunity to set up entry hazards.

Mewtwo: Kyogore is my best bet as it has high special defense and outspeeds it with scarf. Chansey can handle some sets too. Arceus can revenge kill with stabbed ghost judgement. Still I fear mewtwo as every trainer should, i just have to hope i have toxic spikes down as then i can just stall it out.

Kyogore: Ferrorthorn resists all of its attacks, except for the lowest base power one, ice beam. It can scare it out with stabbed powerwhip or set up hazards. Chansey only loses at full hp to a specs waterspout as it is 2hkoD. If i work out that it is specsd by looking at the damage done to chansey my own kyogore can revenge kill it if it has taken prior damage.
Arceus can take a hit from most sets and manage to survive and hit it back with a stabbed judgement.

Groudon: Lugia is immune to his powerful stab earthquakes and has super effective ice beam. If it lacks fire punch then ferrothorn can counter it also.
Kyogore revenge kills and changes the weather to rain.

Dialga: Is a threat to my team as i lack a defensive ground type. I just have to try work out its set through switching. Chansey is a good first bet, and id probably switch again straight away just to see what it does. It is immune to toxic spikes which makes it more of a threat. If it's locked into choiced dragon attacks i have two steels to abuse hazards.

Jirachi: Can be really annoying if it is a set that can get around chansey, such as 404 hp sub calm mind. Again a defensive ground type like groudon or ground type arceus would help out here. If it can get around chansey then ghost arceus is my best bet, as it outspeeds non scarf variants and chansey would deal with scarf variants. Stab ghost judement does passable damage. Kyogore can nail it with rain boosted surf and if it lacks fire moves as is generally the case ferrothorn can set op on it or even do a little bit of damage with it's not very effective stab gyro ball depending on jirachis speed.

Forretress: I have ghost arceus to stop forrys attempts to spin away my hazards, which are very important to this team and it packs flamethrower which will do significant damage even in the rain to the bug/steel type pokemon.

Chansey/blissey: if they lack a fire attack, which is 99% of the time then my two steel types can set up hazards in their face. I generally have to hope I have two layers of toxic spikes down, as my only real physical attacker is ferrothorn and gyro ball and power whip are poor options really vs these two premier special walls. Ghost arceus is immune to seismic toss and can perish song them out or just try ppp stall, as can lugia with its pressure and toxic to force a switch to activate natural cure.

Lugia: Ferro and forry can both set up on it, kyogore nails it, ghost arceus does significant damage too. Chansey and lugia can toxic it, so lugias not really a problem at all for any of my team.

Darkrai: I just switch to kyogore, and then kyogore becomes a random user of either water moves or thunder. Makes him harder to predict if you're using palkia as a counter :) Chansey can handle most of his sets if sleep clause is activated and has natural cure to cure its sleep status.

Giratina -O: Lugia can handle most of its moves except for stabbed shadow ball or thunder, but is faster so can roost off its thunder weakness. Chansey can survive all of its attacks and can softboiled in outrages face and switch to a steel. Ghost arceus can revenge kill it with stabbed ghost judgement.
Sub + calm mind versions give chansey loads of trouble, and so i fear this beast. Once again in that situation i'd just have to hope toxic spikes were down and i'd just do my best to stall. In the rain its hidden power fire wouldn't be very strong and ferrothorn could do passable damage with gyro ball.

Palkia: Ferrothorn can handle all versions that don't run fire blast, and chansey is a good bet to see what type of set it is running. If it isnt scarfed arceus outspeeds and can do significant damage with neutral judgement.

Zekrom: Ferrothorn is resistant to both of its stabbed attacks and gyro ball can threaten it. Lugia can revenge it to some extent and arceus outspeeds non scarfed versions.

Reshiram: Kyogore sets up the rain, and so hampers its ability to sweep with stab fire attacks. Chansey can handle it no problem in the rain, and even in the sun a specs blue flare fails to 2hko. Once again arceus outspeeds it if it isnt scarfed, and once again if it is scarfed it doesnt threaten chansey.
Lugia can sometimes pp stall it by spamming roost

polop

Would you look at the time?
is a Contributor Alumnus
I really like the team but I've never heard of primeape but u seem pretty confident in. Using it since it can function as a late game sweeper (I doubt that though). Ur putting loads of pressure on forry to set up loads of entry hazards (too much) and I think it would be better just have it set up in front of things locked into outrage so it probably would be best to lead off with groudon and use it for setting up mid-game (and put lefties over custap. Also in order to have lugia phase through taunt why not just switch ice beam for dragon tail? It won't be killed by garchomp or anything in one hit right? Other then those few things great team!

Ice beam on lugia is for rayquaza, and the only real common'ish' uber taunter that sets up that lugia would have trouble with is tyranitar, which groudon deals with. Other users of taunt such as mewtwo should force lugia out straight away anyway.
Primeape rapes darkrai. Whenever you see darkrai you just switch in primeape, and unless it is a choice specs darkrai or packing psychic (which are both really rare, 90% of the time they lead off with dark void) primeape just gets a free turn. Physical stab 120 BP close combat hurts several common ubers like palkia, dialga, kyogore, chansey/blissey, zekrom, reshiram.

If you insist on using a Scarf Fighting-type to beat Darkrai, Heracross is better in every way. It resists both of Darkrai's attacks, has Sleep Talk and Guts to beat Dark Void, and hits far harder than Primeape. Megahorn is also a useful move for beating down stuff like Arceus Grass and Psychic-types. The only thing you lose out on is U-Turn, which isn't as useful as it was last gen.

polop

Would you look at the time?
is a Contributor Alumnus
Getting locked onto scarf sleep talk will give ur opponent one to 2 free turns or so. And also after re looking through ur team it appears that you have a reshiram weakness. A reshiram with substitute or flame charge is capable of sweeping ur team if hooh has taken stealth rock damage. In order to counter opposing reshiram why not replace hooh with rest talk cm scald kyogre. It adds 2 weathers in to play making the team capable of messing up lots of other teams attempts to keep weather or sweep.

Your team faces some trouble with kyogre. All your pokes can ghet 2HKOed by specs kyogre. Try a Palkia over ho-oh. It deals with kyogre and is a more reliable scarfer anyway. Note that custap forry only works in DW. You have to use lefties otherwise. If so, then your team kinda gets raped by shandera (also lugia can then have multiscale).

Yeah i think i'll change ho-oh to kyogore, maybe a scarf variant though similar to the ho-oh. When your team is stall then being locked into sleep talk doesn't really matter as it will be hit and run anyway. I'd rather be using attacking moves on a scarfed pokemon than being unlucky and getting rest on a slow calm minder. Darkrai can just set up sub and as soon as sleep talk gets calm mind or rest its pretty much gg.
If i'm facing an opposing kyogore and it does enough to 2HKO my chansey then i know it will be specs and i can switch into my kyogore to take the hit.
But i think maybe a mixed hasty palkia with fireblast could be good too

What dragons am i worried about? Ice beam is nothing to palkia and dialga, surf in the rain does as much to dialga. Lugia will always wall rayquaza and i have two steels. You may as well just say ice beam for rayquaza and giratina, who i am not really worried about. I am more worried about darkrai. If darkrai tricks a choice item then it also does nothing. At best darkrai is wasting a turn on dark void and my sleep talk chooses an attacking move. At worst my sleep talk chooses waterspout at low health or i wake up. But with sleep reseting and with rain i don't really see this happening much. Always darkrai would have used 1 turn on dark void

As random as this sounds, try adding a lagging tail, or iron ball to your foretress to power up gyro ball, I know this is a stall team, but consider the option.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)