OU competitive Trick Room (my first rate request)

My OU Trick Room Team ( aka SandBox)​

The main goal of this Sandbox team is to eliminate leftovers while I have magic guard users which both can apply trick room and switch in without taking extra damage. The majority of my team is EV trained in HP and Attack or Special Attack and they have decent Defenses and Special Defenses to be able to take draco meteors from Non-specs Latios. I carry a ferrothorn for dragons mostly and my team provides absolute coverage over ferrothorn‘s weaknesses. I also use the magic guard users to take status conditions such as burn.
Here are the pokemon in use. Detailed description will be below the list of pokemon. Please Rate J

Tyranitar (lead with residual damage)
Reuniclus(trick room)
Bronzong(trick room)
Emboar(1 or 2 Hit KO)
Slowbro
Ferrothorn(defensive backline)

Lead
Tyranitar @ Focus Sash
Adamant 252 Attack 252 HP 6 spdef
Stealth Rocks
Crunch
Superpower
Stone Edge​

Main Objectives

= Provide Sandstorm to favor my team in terms of residual damage since it is a great combo in combination with 2 Magic Guard users, Reuniclus and .
= Serves as defensive coverage for Reuniclus, Sigilyph, Beartic, emboar, and Ferrothorn since Tyranitar has an average of 2 resistances per pokemon.
= Stealth Rocks to apply residual damage towards the opposing team while mine barely takes any.
= Eliminate the opposing Reuniclus or threats similar to latios.
Secondary objectives
= Eliminate other weather conditions such as Rain or Sun to severely cripple the opposing weather team.
= Survive multiple hits and retaliate with a fierce 403 max attack stat.
= Provide Some special defensive bulk with sand storm along with 404 HP.
= Solid check for some threatening sunny day fire pokemon.

Core Trick Roomer
Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Modest 252 SpAtk 252 HP 6 Def
Trick Room
Psychic
Focus Blast
Shadow Ball

Main Objectives
= Apply Trick Room to set up itself and everything else on my team
= Provides Decent Bulk and doesn’t take any residual damage.
= Provide Resistances for ferrothorn, emboar, beartic, tyranitar
= Sweep Teams and to scout opposing team to ensure or assume the type of pokemon which have. (I.e. Choice items)
Secondary Objectives
= Eliminate serious threats such as latias , excadrill or any fighting threats
= Set up OTHER pokemon on my team for late game sweeps.
= Allows ferrothorn to increase it’s defensive usage by applying trick room to let ferrothorn go first.
= Absorb status such as burn.
= Eliminate defensive threats suck as nattorei and cresselia.

Secondary Trick Roomer
Bronzong @ leftovers 252 HP 252--- (From Red Alert) thanks!
Levitate
Trick Room
Hidden Power ( ice? Fire? fighting)
----(idk)
----(idk)

Main Objective
= Set up trick room
= Decent bulk which relieves ferrothorn’s defensive role.
= Surprise hidden power fire because no one uses this Mini Reuniclus.
= Provides ¼ resistance against psychic without taking any toxic.
= Provides immunity to earth moves
Secondary Objective
= Allows ferrothorn to increase it’s defensive usage by applying trick room to let ferrothorn go first.
= Eliminate pokemon which only have a fire weakness with surprise hidden power fire.
= destroy nuisances such scizor gliscors skarmories and others.
= Provides teammates with a sweep opportunity.
= secondary conkeldurr check.

1 or 2 hit ko
Emboar @ choice band
Adamant 252 Attack 252 HP 6 speed
Wild bolt
Flare blitz
Superpower
Stone Edge

Main Objective
= Hp equivalent to reunclus allows emboar to receive some damage then decimate opposing pokemon.
= Provides resistance to ferrothorn, tyranitar, reuniclus, sigilyph, and beartic.
= Come in after trick room to acquire a late game mini sweep.
= checks defensive and offensive threats and 1 or 2 hit ko gliscor which can be a pain in the butt.
= Fantastic move pool allows predictions to become more available.
Secondary objectives
= switch into fire or dark moves which won’t inflict too much damage and then reply with a choice banded move.
= destroys sun teams because of the versatile move set.
= eliminate bulky waters such as suicune and burungeru. With banded wild bolt.
= kill ferrothorn, blissey, chansey, skarmory and bulky walls. If they switch out then something else will die in 2 hits.

Slowbro@leftovers ability: regenerator (From Roger Fox) thanks Fox!
nature: relaxed
252 hp 252 def. 4 spec. att.

Trick room
scald
ice beam
flamethrower

Main objective
= eliminate any nuisances such as ferrothorn, dragons.. Can take 1 or 2 strong hits because of bulk similar to reuniclus.

Secondary Objective
= Ferrothorn's friend

Safety
Ferrothron @ leftovers
Impish 252defense 252 HP
Leech seed
gyro ball
Power whip
Toxic ( formy bulky weaknesses)

Main Objective
=Check Dragons
= Provide a defensive Essence
= Provide leechseed recovery for other bulky teammates
= Forces foe to switch into pokemon with advantage over ferrothorn such as chandelure forrocks damage.
= Toxic bulky nuisances like suicune.
= Provide resistance towards all teammates.
Secondary Objective
= Stall water pokemon with toxic leechseed.
= Provide grass typing for swamperts
= scout for hidden powers
= Check rain teams

Overall Weaknesses
Bulky teams which have a lot of good defenders and status cures.
Latias or any specs power house.
Gengar.
Lacks phasing.
Other teams can set up on me if I do the same towards them.
Only status is toxic.
Lacks Priority move.
Guaranteed second turn .
Dislike Sleep.
Everything out speeds my team unless I use trick room

Overall Positives
Fantastic Bulk
Counters a lotof sweepers because of trick room which allows most of my pokemon to go first.
Powerful attackers and special attackers.
Good type Coverage offensively
Neutralizes enemy leftovers andd minimizes healing efforts.
Magic guard= free switch ins.

Nuisances
Excadrill, gyarados , technician breloom with spore etc.

Replaced....

Sigilyph @ Life Orb With Bronzong
Modest 252 SpAtk 252 HP 6 Def
Trick Room
Psychic
Hidden Power (fighting or fire?)
Ice beam

If your using trick room you don't want to have speed evs. If you need to replace beartif use an Escavalier instead. It has great defense and max attack of 400(somewhere around there) and its only weak to fire

You're gonna want another trick room user in there. 2 isn't gonna cut it, especially when they are both psychic types. Maybe bronzong? I know he's psychic as well, but steel resistances check the psychic weaknesses and he is super duper slow.

You need a taunter that can taunt other taunters before they taunt you tick roomers. Maybe use deoxys-s. Also replace emboar with darmanitan.

First off I'm going to assume that all of your pokemon have 0 speed ivs if not make the change also give them -speed natures so that they are the fastest possible under trick room. For example your current sigilyph set is outsped by all base 95 (technically 96 but no one has that speed) and below which includes many threats like bulky dragonite and so one. Second the key to a successful team is making the most of the 4 turns you have under trick room. constant switching is a big no no. For this reason choice items are generally not the best choice under trick room. Emboar still hits very hard with a life orb, though he does die rather quickly, so I would suggest using life orb over choice band. Also you have 0 mixed attackers. one thing you can do to help with this is switch psychic for psycho shock on reuniclus though that alone wont be enough. You will doing a lot of switching for example icicle drop from beartic dosnt even 3hko skarmory without stealth rock and with lefties factored in. Even with rocks skarmory can easily roost off the damage set up spikes and then blow you away. every pokemon on your team can be walled by the appropriate special/physical wall. The only thing you have which could function as a wall breaker is emboar but he is choiced so that wont work either. A semi decent stall team will take everything you can throw at it plus a nuke or two and still outlast you. Finally having only two trickroomers, even trick roomers with magic guard probably isnt enough especially when they share weaknesses to ghost and dark. Try to fit in a third trick roomer who can provide good synergy with reuniclus and sigilyph. Porygon2 would be a good fit as he is extremely bulky with eviolite and has a nice immunity to ghost. Also if you play dreamworld, you dont list emboars ability so im not sure, I would suggest replacing sigilyph with slowbro. Slowbro is much much faster under trick room then sigilyph while retaining escellent physical bulk especially with regenerator restoring hp when you have to switch.
Slowbro@leftovers ability: regenerator
nature: relaxed
252 hp 252 def. 4 spec. att.

Trick room
scald
ice beam
flamethrower

This set is a great check to sandstorm teams in general being able to take one garcomp and excadrill easily. You can also get surprise kills scizor, ferrothorn and genesect when they take a surprise flamethrower.

Overall you have a pretty solid team though the lack of mixed attackers hurts as you will be doing a lot of switching. Try to find room for a third trick roomer maybe in place of beartic and you should do fine. Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)