Dragonite Rain Team! Please RMT!

Update - 05/16
- Changed Swampert to Quagsire
- Changed Hypnosis to Perish song on Politoed
- Changed Brick Break to Dragon Tail on Dragonite
- Changed Gyroball to Thunder Wave on Ferrothorn
- Added some more information about the threats I am finding.
- Everything changed is in DarkRed

Hello everyone, Nailo here doing my first RMT thread on smogon. First of all I would like to say that I am kind of a noob in Pokemon Competitive Battling, so to do this team I pretty much had an idea, and with that idea I tried to build a team reading a lot another RMT and threads of battles and of individual pokemons. After that I put it on practice and was able to maintain myself between #200 and #500 on smogon, don´t believe that is something we can say awesome, but for me as a noob I thought it was a good start.

So let´s talk about the team, my favourite pokemon of all time is Dragonite, and his lameless in the last generations always made myself very sad, but here in fifth generation Multiscale came and I believe that was a huge boost to my favourite dragon, so this lead myself to the second favourite thing I always liked in Pokemon, Water pokemons, so I had the idea to unify the two things I most like of pokemon into a Drizzle Team.

Process Breakdown:

So. I needed to use him. He is the pokemon I most liked since Generation 1, and every game after that I always start with a lvl 1 Dratini together with my starter. I just love it and he was the main reason of my team.

Like if Politoed was an option. Drizzle make Politoed excential to pretty much every Rain team.

Okay, Dragonite comes with immunity to both Toxic Spikes and Spikes, but it still has a main weakness Stealth Rock, so I decided I needed a Rapid Spinner, and what Rapid Spinner is the most agressive one in a rain team? Starmie, this awesome star-like pokemon comes with Rapid Spin, BoltBeam combination, a excellent speed and in the rain has one of the most powerful Surf in the game. In the rain, this kid is an awesome revenge killer.

So, I watched my team and already saw a huge weakness on it. Electric moves was going to be a pain on my ass. So to counter that I decided to have a good Ground Pokemon to nullify and absorb this attacks. Without thinking a lot I handled Garchomp as a good choice, never had the chance to play him well but I decided to try him without a lot of judment.

Well after seeing my pokes. I noticed there wasn't a decent bulk one, althought with that Dragonite has a very hard weakness with Rain Dance set that it lacks Dragon-type moves and enough speed to run another dragon threats. So I needed a pokemon that was both bulky, and a Dragon-Type move absorber. After I reading a little I found out Ferrothorn, bulky as hell, gyroball can kill almost any pokemon locked to outrage, and it has something I was still missing on my team, a hazard, Spikes makes him even more awesome.

For the last spot I decided to use another Rain Abuser, but this time one with some bulkyness and a physical attacker. SD + Substitute + Drain Punch Toxicroak was perfect for this set. Giving my team a good Fighting Type STAB, and a really powerhouse if setted with SD.

After playing for a while with this team, I was not feeling a good synergy with Garchomp on my team. Two x4 Ice Weak was not fine as well. So I pretty much started thinking about another Ground Type pokemon that would fit for a rain team, and I come with this idea, a Swampert. I started thinking about running it bulky, but after I tested him with a very offensive set I was kind in love of it. In the raing a fully attack Swampert can 1hko a lot of things just with waterfall. So I kept him for now.

After I made this post, some ppl gave me some advice and some changes that would be possible to my team. One of them was changing Swampert for Quagsire and I am now testing it and it seems to works better than swampert. So I'm updating it here.

Detailed information about the team:

Politoed @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVS: 252HP/252Def/4SpDef
Bold Nature(+Def,-Atk)
- Scald
- Toxic
-Perish Song
- Ice Beam
Well for this one, I tested him with every combination of attacks and nature it can be. After all that I decided to run it more defensive than offensive. Offensive Politoed for me arent that offensive and were very easy to kill. As the rain inducer I needed him to survive the most I can with him. Scald is awesome STAB and its 30% of inducing burn rocks some other offensive weather inducers as Tyranitar. Toxic and Hypnosis kind of make him more bulk than always, and spreading toxic in my opponent team already made I win a lot of time. I used to run Perish Song, but I was kind of never using it so I decided to put Ice Beam, to help me deal with one of the weakness of my team if Ferrothorn is dead, that is Dragon-Types raping my team.

Problems:
- Even with the deffensive set I don't fell Politoed being bulky enough.
- He can only die if all weather-inducers of my opponent already are dead, sometimes is pretty hard to keep him alive.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVS: 252Hp/48Def/208SpDef
Relaxed Nature(+Def,-Speed)
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave
Ferrothorn in the rain is awesome. His x4 weakness are reduced by half and with his bulkyness he is very hard to kill in the rain. Leech Seed helps him staying alive to set all the layers of Spikes. Althought with that it is my main choice against Dragon-Type pokemons, mainly with them are locked into outrage. Gyro Ball can 2 or 3HKO any of that threats. Power whips as well come as a good STAB and help kill some Water-Threats.

Problems:
- Without Rain, pretty much any Fire Attack will kill it.
- Pretty much every team nowadays has 3 to 4 Fighting type moves, and this can really blow Ferrothorn.

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVS: 252HP/252SpAtk/4Speed
- Hurricane
- Thunder
- Roost
- Dragon Tail.
The Reason of this team, Multiscale can make him survive almost every first hit of a pokemon, and inside the rain Hurricane and Thunder make him a huge powerhouse. Roost is awesome and helping this bulky pokemon being even more bulky. The fourth movement for me is not defined yet, already tried several attacks but I don~t really know what will be the one I will keep, thought about Agility to make him faster than almost every other pokemon, Thunder Wave, Dragon Tail, Dragon Pulse. In the end I kept Brick Break because I still sense my team needs another Fighting-type move.

Problems:
- Without a dragon type move, Dragonite is kind weak against other Dragon-type pokemons, being the slower of them just make it worse.
- Without Rain, he is pretty much useless.
- x2 Weakness against Stealth Rock ruins Multiscale, if Starmie wasn't able to remove it he is nerfed as hell.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVS: 252Speed/252SpAtk/4Hp
Timid Nature(+Speed/-Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Thunder
- Rapid Spin

The star of this team(bad joke?). Well Starmie is a very fast special sweeper of my team. Most used as a Revenge Killer, can outspeed almost all pokemons of this game. I always liked this pokemon and the need I had to have a Rapid Spinner on my team made I decided for him. Although Starmie is awesome
attacking it lacks ways to survive.

Problems:

- Don't think Starmie is bulky enough to use Rapid Spin and survive in most of the cases.
- I know this is a lack of my gameplay, but Starmie has a major weakness against Sucker Punch and if I can't predict it it can ruin my game.
- Can be 1HKO very easily.

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Trait: Dry Skin
EVS: 252Atk/252Speed
Adamant Nature(+ATl/-Speed)
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Sucker Punch
- Drain Punch

Another Rain Abuser of my team. Dry Skin makes this Physical Sweeper survive a lot. If well set, Substitute and Swords Dance make him a powerhouse. Against normal Stall Pokemon he is awesome, Blissey, Porygon, Chansey can be 2hko agains his Drain Punch. Sucker Punch helps a lot to deal with some threats as Latios and Latias. With his type, it helps a lot my team handle Grass-type pokemon. And his main weakness can be comboed with Dragonite so I can avoid the ground attacks. I used to hate this pokemon but know I love it!

Problems:
- As anything of this team, without the rain, his trait is useless and if drought come around he takes even more damage.
- Any Ground attack or Flying attack can rape this guy and pretty much 1hko if substitute is not set.

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Trait: Unaware
EVS: 252Def/252P
Bold Nature (+Def/-SpAtk)
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Curse
- Recover

It`s impressive how some people on pokemon online are unaware of unaware. And Curse makes him awesome, with one, two curses its impossible to kill this guy with physycal attacks and he hits as hell. Took the place of swampert on my team. I lost some offense doing this change but got some better deffensive skills.

Problems:
- x4 Grass Weakness is terrible for this pokemon.
- He is slow as hell, and pretty much always take an attack before he can attack.

Threatlist and other stuff:​

Well, as I told on the beginning of this post I am kind of a noob in Competitive Battling so I really don't have enough experience to see the main counters of this team. But I can name some pokemons I always have a hard time to deal with. First of all is Rotom-W. I already lost some games entirely just for a Rotom-W well played, pretty much I don't know what to do against him. Another major weakness on my team and a very severe one is how to handle set up pokemons. Pretty much if a Dragonite/Haxorus/Salamance enter with a DD, if Ferrothorn is dead they can swipe almost all my team without I having any chance against it. Well I pretty much think there is another threats against this team and it still is very raw. But I still don't have the expertise to see it.

Well I'd like to add some more information about the threats I found on my team. With this setup I started having some problems to kill Blissey if the guy plays smart. I could change my pokemon to toxicroak and try drain punch it but almost every Blissey has a good pokemon to counter fighting attacks like Gliscor or Skarmory, and both have 2x attacks agains toxicroak. Other huge threat I have found and still can't handle on my team is a Shaymin. Usually people check my team and it can kill almost my entire team if I don't predict his switch to Starmie, Dragonite with rain on. Shaymin can sub and ohko almost all my pokemons really don't know what to do. Other problem is that my team lacks a good Special Wall, maybe I should make a change on it so I can avoid special attacks better. I'm tired of getting a Latios change and having to sacrifice one pokemon to absorbe the Draco Meteor that will come.If anyone can help me with that.

To end it, I'd like to thank you if you read my RMT thread and I hope you get a time to rate it. This is my first RMT ever, and my start to the Pokemon Competitive Battling. I took a lot of time to think in this team. And in the end I think it was a very good start, hopefully one of the bright minds of smogon can help me make this team more competitive. Love everyone, see ya!

Well for dragonite i recommend to have a physical based one instead of special. Possibly this Set: Bulky DD Dragonite
Dragonite (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 224 HP/88 Atk/196 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

This team is pretty good, with only a few changes I would make.
For Politoed, I would run Protect over Hypnosis, because you already have 3 moves that can induce status. You can also run Protect over Toxic if you want.
For Ferrothorn, I would recommend replacing Gyro Ball with Thunder Wave. I would also recommend moving some of the SDef EV's to Def, because with Rain reducing Fire's power which is mostly special, you can cover your other weakness in fighting which is much more common right now.
For Dragonite, definitly keep it as a special attacker with Roost, Hurricane, and Thunder. The last slot it how you put it, lots of moves can go here, but no move is an amazing fit. I would run Extreme Speed in the last slot because it lets you revenge kill a lot of things, but that is somewhat difficult to get so Brick break is okay.
For Starmie, the set is fine.
For Toxicroak, there is always the argument of whether to run Swords Dance or Bulk Up, but I would run Swords Dance as you are.
For Swampert, I have never been a huge fan of Swampert at all, and really not a fan of Choice Band Swampert. But it is a semi-common set and it seems like it could work so it looks fine to me.
Good Luck

For Swampert, I have never been a huge fan of Swampert at all, and really not a fan of Choice Band Swampert. But it is a semi-common set and it seems like it could work so it looks fine to me.
Any suggestion about any pokemon that could do Swampert role better?

Any suggestion about any pokemon that could do Swampert role better?
My current team is extremely similar. I use 5 of the 6 pokemon you use in fact, though they are different builds. For example my Politoed is a Choice Scarfed Hydro Pump sweeper. For right now I have only been using my team for Super Double lines though and it seems to work well there.

That being said, I love swampert. However, I have been running a bulky/tank Quagsire, and he has been pretty effective. He is no Ferrothorn in terms of tanking, but after 1 Curse, he has pretty good attack and defense, and you can use recover, and probably 1 more curse and be fine for most attacks. I've got the EdgeQuake combo right now, which seems to be working pretty well.

As for Dragonite, I kind of dislike the basic rain sweeper set. I feel that Multi-scale is nice for the opening move, but then what? You spend turns using Roost, only to benefit from the ability and then end up back where you were. Dragonite's not that amazing when it comes to defenses, or special attacks, and he is definitely not the fastest. His flying-type also hurts him with a weakness to rock, and basically killing him from one blizzard, or even an ice beam. For that reason, I've given him a Choice Specs, and gave him max Speed EVs. With multi-scale, he's probably gonna survive 2 hits. Now he can give 2 hits out before he dies, and they're pretty strong at that. I spose a Life Orb could be okay too if you don't want to be locked in, but at the same time, with a high speed that ruins your Multiscale.

I know that the Super Doubles train is a lot different from a 1v1 smogon match but I also like to throw Protect on Ferrothorn. If you have them seeded, that's a free health boost. Not only that but I also run rocky helmet. It's nice for when they throw a fighting move your way, and take 1/4 of their health away like that, and another 1/8 if you have them seeded.

Just some suggestions on stuff that I can relate to! :)

If you would like a suggestion for a replacement Swampert try Unaware Quagsire. He is such a boss this gen as you use Curse/Stockpile, which makes him very bulky. This would help against the set-up mons that are troubling you. Something like:
Quagsire (M) @ Leftovers Trait: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef or 4 Def/ 252 SDef
Bold (+Def -SAtk)/Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Curse
- Recover
- Stone Edge/Waterfall
- Earthquake

This can help against set-up mons and set-up yourself. Stone edge is for the Flying/Dragons and Waterfall is mainly for Garchomp

Thanks everyone for the input until now. Already made the changes of Politoed and Ferrothorn and it really increased my chances of winning. So thanks again. Will try this Quagsire this weekend and see if it goes better in my team. I was only having a question, if I decide to use a defensive Quagsire should I keep my defensive Politoed or go Choice Scarf or Choice Specs on him?

Since he made a team around Dragonite, I think it's kinda counter productive to tell him to remove him, lolz.
In any case, the team looks good but here's my two cents:

Politoed: If you're running defensive Politoed, I personally would go Perish Song. It forces switches well, works great with Protect, and can easily kill the last pokemon. That being said...IMO after you kill the other team's weather inducer, is there much use for Politoed? If there is...imo it should be to abuse rain. Scarf or Specs work well in that case then and are the sets I prefer. Specs is incredibly powerful and can pretty much 2HKO the game with its movesets, lol.

Ferrothorn: It looks good, you could go for Stealth Rocks to make it more universal entry hazard if you'd like. Though Whip/Ball works well together...I don't normally use Ferrothorn to make much attacks. Why not take one of those out for Thunderwave? I know two rain abusers with Thunder already, but T-wave can really cripple sweepers...speed on your team is always nice :)

Starmie: I know you want spin support but you can get that with Ferrothorn if you really wanted. Aside from lead position, I don't expect D-nite to use multi-scale all too much aside from using roost. I would switch Starmie out personally - it's too frail for my taste. Rotom-W is great for rain teams and can sweep too with STAB on two of the most common moves in rain...if you want speed you can always scarf/trick him.

Swampert: Yeah, not a fan of him on rain teams personally. Lead position is good but that's about it for rocks. Replace him with something, lol. Someone suggested Quagsy and you can go for that :) Other suggestion is Jirachi - stellar annoying alone...can be even more so in rain. Water Pulse, Thunder gives great parafusion, calm mind for reasonable bulk, wish for support even, and a slew of other moves you can use. Aside from EQ, he can take plenty of hits and steel types are fine in rain. *Shrugs*

I just updated my thread so I'd love if you guys have some more time to rate it. I would be very thankful about that. I believe I Really need a Special Wall on this team, but don't know which pokemon should I change. I thought about Jellicent but don't know if it goes well in this team. Well will wait for some feedack thanks guys!.

Summary of changes:

Try changing Swords Dance for Bulk Up on Toxicroak and shift the 252 speed evs to HP for more Bulk. This set is really hard to counter in the rain especially if you get a couple of Bulk Ups. I've had a lot more success with Bulk Up than with Swords Dance.

I used to use SD Toxicroak before I realized the power of Bulk Up... It works wonders and can even set up against the likes of Gliscor and Hippowdon after just 2 Bulk Ups.

Bulk Up
Toxicroak @ Leftovers/Life Oeb
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Dry Skin
Evs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP or 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
-Bulk Up
-Substitute
-Drain Punch
-Sucker Punch

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Just an observation, my team uses 4 of the same mons! What a coincidence!

Also, yeah, go with Bulk Up with Lefties.

Why do you want Dragon Tail? As said before, neutral Hurricane will do a lot more than SE Dragon Tail with that EV Spread. If you don't need Brick Break, go with Dragon Pulse or Surf for STAB/pseudo-STAB in rain.

With that Quagsire set, you should be using Impish, not Bold.

I would also suggest Bulk Up Toxicroak with HP investment > SD Toxicroak. Basically anything that walls the Bulk Up set is going to wall the SD set as well, and the defense boosts can really help you get past other physical attackers.

Update - 05/16
- Everything changed is in DarkRed

Hello everyone, Nailo here doing my first RMT thread on smogon. First of all I would like to say that I am kind of a noob in Pokemon Competitive Battling, so to do this team I pretty much had an idea, and with that idea I tried to build a team reading a lot another RMT and threads of battles and of individual pokemons. After that I put it on practice and was able to maintain myself between #200 and #500 on smogon, don´t believe that is something we can say awesome, but for me as a noob I thought it was a good start.

So let´s talk about the team, my favourite pokemon of all time is Dragonite, and his lameless in the last generations always made myself very sad, but here in fifth generation Multiscale came and I believe that was a huge boost to my favourite dragon, so this lead myself to the second favourite thing I always liked in Pokemon, Water pokemons, so I had the idea to unify the two things I most like of pokemon into a Drizzle Team.

Process Breakdown:

So. I needed to use him. He is the pokemon I most liked since Generation 1, and every game after that I always start with a lvl 1 Dratini together with my starter. I just love it and he was the main reason of my team.

Like if Politoed was an option. Drizzle make Politoed excential to pretty much every Rain team.

Okay, Dragonite comes with immunity to both Toxic Spikes and Spikes, but it still has a main weakness Stealth Rock, so I decided I needed a Rapid Spinner, and what Rapid Spinner is the most agressive one in a rain team? Starmie, this awesome star-like pokemon comes with Rapid Spin, BoltBeam combination, a excellent speed and in the rain has one of the most powerful Surf in the game. In the rain, this kid is an awesome revenge killer.

So, I watched my team and already saw a huge weakness on it. Electric moves was going to be a pain on my ass. So to counter that I decided to have a good Ground Pokemon to nullify and absorb this attacks. Without thinking a lot I handled Garchomp as a good choice, never had the chance to play him well but I decided to try him without a lot of judment.

Well after seeing my pokes. I noticed there wasn't a decent bulk one, althought with that Dragonite has a very hard weakness with Rain Dance set that it lacks Dragon-type moves and enough speed to run another dragon threats. So I needed a pokemon that was both bulky, and a Dragon-Type move absorber. After I reading a little I found out Ferrothorn, bulky as hell, gyroball can kill almost any pokemon locked to outrage, and it has something I was still missing on my team, a hazard, Spikes makes him even more awesome.

For the last spot I decided to use another Rain Abuser, but this time one with some bulkyness and a physical attacker. SD + Substitute + Drain Punch Toxicroak was perfect for this set. Giving my team a good Fighting Type STAB, and a really powerhouse if setted with SD.

After playing for a while with this team, I was not feeling a good synergy with Garchomp on my team. Two x4 Ice Weak was not fine as well. So I pretty much started thinking about another Ground Type pokemon that would fit for a rain team, and I come with this idea, a Swampert. I started thinking about running it bulky, but after I tested him with a very offensive set I was kind in love of it. In the raing a fully attack Swampert can 1hko a lot of things just with waterfall. So I kept him for now.

After I made this post, some ppl gave me some advice and some changes that would be possible to my team. One of them was changing Swampert for Quagsire and I am now testing it and it seems to works better than swampert. So I'm updating it here.

Detailed information about the team:

Politoed @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVS: 252HP/252Def/4SpDef
Bold Nature(+Def,-Atk)
- Scald
- Toxic
-Perish Song
- Ice Beam
Well for this one, I tested him with every combination of attacks and nature it can be. After all that I decided to run it more defensive than offensive. Offensive Politoed for me arent that offensive and were very easy to kill. As the rain inducer I needed him to survive the most I can with him. Scald is awesome STAB and its 30% of inducing burn rocks some other offensive weather inducers as Tyranitar. Toxic and Hypnosis kind of make him more bulk than always, and spreading toxic in my opponent team already made I win a lot of time. I used to run Perish Song, but I was kind of never using it so I decided to put Ice Beam, to help me deal with one of the weakness of my team if Ferrothorn is dead, that is Dragon-Types raping my team.

Problems:
- Even with the deffensive set I don't fell Politoed being bulky enough.
- He can only die if all weather-inducers of my opponent already are dead, sometimes is pretty hard to keep him alive.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVS: 252Hp/48Def/208SpDef
Relaxed Nature(+Def,-Speed)
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave
Ferrothorn in the rain is awesome. His x4 weakness are reduced by half and with his bulkyness he is very hard to kill in the rain. Leech Seed helps him staying alive to set all the layers of Spikes. Althought with that it is my main choice against Dragon-Type pokemons, mainly with them are locked into outrage. Gyro Ball can 2 or 3HKO any of that threats. Power whips as well come as a good STAB and help kill some Water-Threats.

Problems:
- Without Rain, pretty much any Fire Attack will kill it.
- Pretty much every team nowadays has 3 to 4 Fighting type moves, and this can really blow Ferrothorn.

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVS: 252HP/252SpAtk/4Speed
- Hurricane
- Thunder
- Roost
- Dragon Tail.
The Reason of this team, Multiscale can make him survive almost every first hit of a pokemon, and inside the rain Hurricane and Thunder make him a huge powerhouse. Roost is awesome and helping this bulky pokemon being even more bulky. The fourth movement for me is not defined yet, already tried several attacks but I don~t really know what will be the one I will keep, thought about Agility to make him faster than almost every other pokemon, Thunder Wave, Dragon Tail, Dragon Pulse. In the end I kept Brick Break because I still sense my team needs another Fighting-type move.

Problems:
- Without a dragon type move, Dragonite is kind weak against other Dragon-type pokemons, being the slower of them just make it worse.
- Without Rain, he is pretty much useless.
- x2 Weakness against Stealth Rock ruins Multiscale, if Starmie wasn't able to remove it he is nerfed as hell.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVS: 252Speed/252SpAtk/4Hp
Timid Nature(+Speed/-Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Thunder
- Rapid Spin

The star of this team(bad joke?). Well Starmie is a very fast special sweeper of my team. Most used as a Revenge Killer, can outspeed almost all pokemons of this game. I always liked this pokemon and the need I had to have a Rapid Spinner on my team made I decided for him. Although Starmie is awesome
attacking it lacks ways to survive.

Problems:

- Don't think Starmie is bulky enough to use Rapid Spin and survive in most of the cases.
- I know this is a lack of my gameplay, but Starmie has a major weakness against Sucker Punch and if I can't predict it it can ruin my game.
- Can be 1HKO very easily.

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Trait: Dry Skin
EVS: 252Atk/252Speed
Adamant Nature(+ATl/-Speed)
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Sucker Punch
- Drain Punch

Another Rain Abuser of my team. Dry Skin makes this Physical Sweeper survive a lot. If well set, Substitute and Swords Dance make him a powerhouse. Against normal Stall Pokemon he is awesome, Blissey, Porygon, Chansey can be 2hko agains his Drain Punch. Sucker Punch helps a lot to deal with some threats as Latios and Latias. With his type, it helps a lot my team handle Grass-type pokemon. And his main weakness can be comboed with Dragonite so I can avoid the ground attacks. I used to hate this pokemon but know I love it!

Problems:
- As anything of this team, without the rain, his trait is useless and if drought come around he takes even more damage.
- Any Ground attack or Flying attack can rape this guy and pretty much 1hko if substitute is not set.

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Trait: Unaware
EVS: 252Def/252P
Bold Nature (+Def/-SpAtk)
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Curse
- Recover

It`s impressive how some people on pokemon online are unaware of unaware. And Curse makes him awesome, with one, two curses its impossible to kill this guy with physycal attacks and he hits as hell. Took the place of swampert on my team. I lost some offense doing this change but got some better deffensive skills.

Problems:
- x4 Grass Weakness is terrible for this pokemon.
- He is slow as hell, and pretty much always take an attack before he can attack.

Threatlist and other stuff:

Well, as I told on the beginning of this post I am kind of a noob in Competitive Battling so I really don't have enough experience to see the main counters of this team. But I can name some pokemons I always have a hard time to deal with. First of all is Rotom-W. I already lost some games entirely just for a Rotom-W well played, pretty much I don't know what to do against him. Another major weakness on my team and a very severe one is how to handle set up pokemons. Pretty much if a Dragonite/Haxorus/Salamance enter with a DD, if Ferrothorn is dead they can swipe almost all my team without I having any chance against it. Well I pretty much think there is another threats against this team and it still is very raw. But I still don't have the expertise to see it.

Well I'd like to add some more information about the threats I found on my team. With this setup I started having some problems to kill Blissey if the guy plays smart. I could change my pokemon to toxicroak and try drain punch it but almost every Blissey has a good pokemon to counter fighting attacks like Gliscor or Skarmory, and both have 2x attacks agains toxicroak. Other huge threat I have found and still can't handle on my team is a Shaymin. Usually people check my team and it can kill almost my entire team if I don't predict his switch to Starmie, Dragonite with rain on. Shaymin can sub and ohko almost all my pokemons really don't know what to do. Other problem is that my team lacks a good Special Wall, maybe I should make a change on it so I can avoid special attacks better. I'm tired of getting a Latios change and having to sacrifice one pokemon to absorbe the Draco Meteor that will come.If anyone can help me with that.

To end it, I'd like to thank you if you read my RMT thread and I hope you get a time to rate it. This is my first RMT ever, and my start to the Pokemon Competitive Battling. I took a lot of time to think in this team. And in the end I think it was a very good start, hopefully one of the bright minds of smogon can help me make this team more competitive. Love everyone, see ya!
U mean impish on quagsire not bold

You guys were right, I just put the wrong nature in quagsire, my bad totally. About Dragon Tail I was only testing it but yeah not worth, Brick Break was way better just to break light screen and reflect. Maybe Surf would be a good investment as well. Probably going to test that. What I really think that my team is missing is a good Special Wall. I know Ferrothorn would fullfil this role but there is so many counters against nowadays and being the number 1 pokemon just makes it worse.

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
If SR is on the field or your ddnite's multiscale is broken CM Virizion destroys your team. Because of this I recommend switching Starmie to Tornadus and Nattorei to Forretress. Tornadus is a pretty quick stop to Virizion as long as it hasn't got TOO many CMs and rain is up. Forretress might not have as much bulk or resists as natt but he brings SR, Spikes and a much needed rapid spin. Try out these sets

Tornadus @Life Orb
252 SpAtk/252 Spe/ 4 Hp
~Hurricane
~Focus Blast/Hammer Arm
~Hidden Power Ice
~Tailwind/Rain Dance

Forretress @Leftovers
252 Hp/ 252 SpDef/ 4 Def
~Stealth Rock
~Spikes
~Rapid Spin
~Volt Switch

Anyway hope thats helps :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)