5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

On the RNG Reporter 9.81 Beta in the Time Finder section, What does HP mean?

I know E and O stand for even or odd, but not sure about HP, HP_O, HP_E

On the RNG Reporter 9.81 Beta in the Time Finder section, What does HP mean?

I know E and O stand for even or odd, but not sure about HP, HP_O, HP_E
Hidden power. For example if you wanted hidden power fire with 70 power you could search 31/HP_E/31/30/31/30

That would only return results where attack is even and the hidden power value is 70.

Is there anyway at all to find out what your starting PID frame is when RNGing for roamers? I;ve done 25 advances without my desired nature. I'm not going for shiny.

So what floors of the Charstone Cave have no NPCs? Because I'm just really tired of them.. and i want to get some shinies.

ok. So if I just use E on the same one, it would still get fire but of a lower power?
Yeah, E would include values like 28 attack which gives you HP fire with 68 power while HP_E returns only values that gives you the maximum possible power. Note that maximum possible doesn't mean 70. It means the maximum based on your IV search criteria.

Is there anyway at all to find out what your starting PID frame is when RNGing for roamers? I;ve done 25 advances without my desired nature. I'm not going for shiny.
Yes. Nature, %6 method and doing frame advances. Read Tesseraction's breeding guide to understand the %6 method. It's also explained in the 3rd post of this thread.

Question: Can we RNG the Darmanitan with Zen Mode that is part of the afterstory when Juniper gives you the Ragecandybar to wake it up? I assume if we can just save in front of the statue to RNG it?

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Unless I missed something, what you're asking for can't actually be done. While it is true that you can predict your starting frame, the rain from the cutscene advances the PIDRNG (nature RNG) frame by an amount that is hard to keep consistent.

Unless I missed something, what you're asking for can't actually be done. While it is true that you can predict your starting frame, the rain from the cutscene advances the PIDRNG (nature RNG) frame by an amount that is hard to keep consistent.
Without any Chatot advance, I got a consistent Hasty Natured Thundurus.

Without any Chatot advance, I got a consistent Hasty Natured Thundurus.
Lol yeah, I don't know what he means either. I got consistent results when I RNG'd my shiny Thundurus. Even after advancing 1099 frames (RNG'd the wrong frame to be shiny) to hit my target frame I was only off by 15 from my target frame which implies the rain is fairly consistent. If there's natural rain on the route prior to the roamer arriving, it will "skip" a lot of frames but in snow you can hit most frames.

With RNG reporter DS parameter finder, i keep getting an "unhandled exception" error. Anyone have any ideas for the cause of this?

I really don't understand how to do the %6 Method with Roamers. Tesseraction's explains for eggs, and Kaphotics for stationaries.

I understood Kaphotics's more than tesseractions, but his requires you find your starting frame/ knowing your SID. I don't know my SID and I'm looking for my starting frame, so I can't fit it in with his guide.

I really don't understand how to do the %6 Method with Roamers. Tesseraction's explains for eggs, and Kaphotics for stationaries.

I understood Kaphotics's more than tesseractions, but his requires you find your starting frame/ knowing your SID. I don't know my SID and I'm looking for my starting frame, so I can't fit it in with his guide.
The %6 method is the same for everything. You look for a nature that fits what you got (hasty). Take the PID in hex, convert it to decimal then divide by 6, the remainer will be 0-5. That tells you what the starting point would be on the hexagon in tesseraction's thread if that were the correct PID. So if the remainder is zero it means if that's the correct PID then your starting point would be HP. Then you have to know what values are tied for the highest spot. So let's say you're going for 30/x/30/31/31/31. If the PID mod 6=0 then you would start at HP and speed (3) would be the first one that's a part of the tie so you would expect the characteristic to be Alert to sounds. If the roamer you caught says something like Mischievious then you know that's not the correct PID so you move on and check another one.
EDIT: You're basically rejecting all the wrong PIDs until you find one that could be correct. Then you test it doing some frame advances and checkin again.

Take the PID in hex, convert it to decimal then divide by 6, the remainer will be 0-5..
Hex?

Convert what? I have no idea what number you are talking about.

Excuse my noobishness.

Also, what is like the general area of the initial frame when RNGing Roamers? 600-800? 1000-1500?

Can't I just do a chain starting with Hasty and advance the frame by one, then find that chain in the Seed Inspector?

Edit: Using PPRNG, if that changes anything.

So I successfully rng'd Terrakion because I had a frame of 1.

Now im having trouble with Virizion because its a higher frame and I dont know how to advance frames correctly yet. I've been trying to walk the 128 step, but I think that only works with repel in wild encounter areas. I dont have a chatot, so I cant do anything with that. The last thing I think advances frames is saving for 1 less than the actual frame. For example, I have this seed with 19 frames, so I save 18 times and then talk to Virizion? Am I correct with this last assumption.

Im new to this and im using the synchronizer in the front, IDK if this matters.

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Nope. Saving advances the PIDRNG. You have to walk at least 384 steps with 6 pkmn in ur party. That advances the MTIVRNG that sets IVs.

I'd find a different seed if I were you. If you miss the seed or Timer0 flips its mighty coin then you waste a LOT of time. 384 is a lot of steps and you'd have to go to a PC to check Virizion's IVs to verify the seed. Plus do it all over if the nature is wrong. Just find a different seed.

So I successfully rng'd Terrakion because I had a frame of 1.

Now im having trouble with Virizion because its a higher frame and I dont know how to advance frames correctly yet. I've been trying to walk the 128 step, but I think that only works with repel in wild encounter areas. I dont have a chatot, so I cant do anything with that. The last thing I think advances frames is saving for 1 less than the actual frame. For example, I have this seed with 19 frames, so I save 18 times and then talk to Virizion? Am I correct with this last assumption.

Im new to this and im using the synchronizer in the front, IDK if this matters.
Walking 128 steps without repel in the areas you can't encounter a Pokemon in works IIRC.

You have a few choices for getting the correct nature:

1. Saving moves the PIDRNG up one per save. Look where you're starting and count down the list for how many times you need to save for the nature you want.
2. Put your Synchronizer in the lead and there's a 50/50 chance Virizion will be the select nature.
3. Chatot chatter moves the PIDRNG up one as well. Just an easier method than saving but you don't have it and that's still fine.

For walking 128 steps, be sure to have the correct number of Pokemon in your party or you won't hit your seed.

Okay, I'm trying to do my first RNG using PPRNG, getting a good IV'd Kyurem since it is a pretty cool pokemon, and I've gotten all the way up to the point of finding the right seed, with the date and time to find the best Kyurem, but I'm a little confused about the frame concept. I understand the ways to advance it, but say, there is one Kyurem seed with a frame of 1, would I just enter the game and capture it, or is there anything special that I have to do too? Sorry for being a noob, but the videos I watched explaining everything didn't really help when it came to the frame ideas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 26)