Archeops Discussion

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm not too sure about this. My Archeops took a Conkeldurr's Mach Punch from full health and didn't go into Defeatist range (it did a lot, but not enough). 60-power move from 140 attack >> 40-power move from 110 attack.
Extreemspeed is 80 Power, not 40

Endeavor and U-turn are the best fourth moves on the AcroBling set. Acrobatics, Rock move, and EQ are givens, but I've found that coverage moves like Dragon Claw and Crunch are nigh useless because neutral Acrobatics hits harder in basically every case. U-turn if you're cautious, Endeavor if you want to have that last ditch just in case.
In all honestly, Defeatist has rarely been a problem for me when using Archeops as a late game cleaner. He's such a glass cannon as it is. He rarely gets hit, and when he does he usually goes down, so the lousy ability is a moot point 90% of the time. Besides, he can still do SOME damage with his high powered STABs even after being crippled, and Endeavor can catch people off-guard.
Also, my two cents on the Rock STAB: I prefer Rock Slide. Archeops can't afford to miss with Stone Edge, and as droolworthy as Head Smash's damage output is I don't find it worth the massive recoil (personal preference). Plus flinchhax are always welcome.
Archeops is plenty capable, just avoid priority like the plague and spin whenever possible.

Archeops is a pretty awesome pokemon, but I still much rather use Areodactyl.I mean if Archeops ever ran into an aerodactyl itself, it would spell bad news with its lower speed. But I think in a double battle it would be a cool idea for a sand storm double battle along side Gastro acid Cradily to try and get rid of the ability before it gets too bad. Too bad he doesn't get roost, oh Game Freak. XD

iv never really had any problems with archeops. 1. SR being common is not making its life easy. 2. with tons of priority and stuff going around, i dont see it getting a lot of use. 3. donphan pretty much kills it. Acrobatics is still doing solid damage, but with ice shard being super effective, archeops is going down into defeatist range fast.

I usually use the move "Healing Wish" to make Archeops usuable again, It's much safer than wishpassing since it allows you to bring Archeops in safer and Stealth rocks damage comes AFTER healing wish, It also heals status & PP (yey stone edge)

IMO Archeops is actually better than Aerodactyl. Just because A beats B doesn't necessarily mean that A > B. Azumarill checks Excadrill but it sucks compared to Exca himself.

Archeops has above average speed and ridiculous offenses, not to mention LOL ACROBATICS

Roost Archeops imo is sure OU material(ok I'm exaggerating but its actually great to be able to instantly kick yourself out of defeatist).

@YoungsterKeiran: You mean Lunar Dance? Healing Wish doesn't heal PP iirc.

I used Archeops as a lead for a very long time. Majority of the time he would take one or two pokes out, but if they had priority you were screwed.
The set i used
Archeops@flying gem
252att/252speed/4hp
adamant
Acro
stone edge
head smash
u turn
If i ever got hit and knocked in to defetest then i used head smash and i usally had enough power to take something out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)