5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

So if I am RNGing for Thundurus, it's a crapshoot on the nature and I just have to pray I get the right one?
No...find your starting frame, do your advancements. The advancement is not always consistent but you're not going to be way off unless there's rain on the route prior to the roamer arriving. Snow/no weather gives fairly consistent advancement.

No...find your starting frame, do your advancements. The advancement is not always consistent but you're not going to be way off unless there's rain on the route prior to the roamer arriving. Snow/no weather gives fairly consistent advancement.
That's the thing. I can't FIND the starting frame to begin with. RNG reporter gives me 46, but the problem is that none of the natures I get match up. And I can never find a sequence. It's not raining prior to my arrival, but once he roars the rain comes. (The thunderstorm thing)

46 is way too low to be your starting frame for the roamer. Try around 460 instead.

You're also not going to get a perfect nature sequence when you do the PID advancements. Some frames will be repeated multiple times and others will be skipped, for example.

46 is way too low to be your starting frame for the roamer. Try around 460 instead.

You're also not going to get a perfect nature sequence when you do the PID advancements. Some frames will be repeated multiple times and others will be skipped, for example.
Ok. So the starting frame is after one chatot chatter or none? I've read multiple guides with different terminology here.

Use the PID%6 method to figure out which frame it is. If they both have the same characteristic, advance about 5 more times or so and figure out the nature, characteristic, etc. of that one, then look for a match near 460 or 490.

Ok, well. With no advances, I get Mild nature. There are two mild frames between 460 and 490 (and they are close together) and I can't figure out which one it is, considering that the sequence never matches.
Post the seed, nature and characteristic you get with no advances. Post the spread you're aiming for. Also your ID/SID if you know them. I'll try to help you find your starting frame.

Quick question about 9.81: I searched in Time Finder for shiny physically-flawless eggs and got some promising results, but when I double-check the results in the main window, the PID frame's inheritance shows up right but it isn't marked as shiny. Yes, I made sure that my TID & SID are the same in both windows. It was the same for each result I checked, after searching both with Everstone and without. I'm just wondering if this is some (probably known by now) glitch or if I'm getting a load of false positives.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Quick question about 9.81: I searched in Time Finder for shiny physically-flawless eggs and got some promising results, but when I double-check the results in the main window, the PID frame's inheritance shows up right but it isn't marked as shiny. Yes, I made sure that my TID & SID are the same in both windows. It was the same for each result I checked, after searching both with Everstone and without. I'm just wondering if this is some (probably known by now) glitch or if I'm getting a load of false positives.

Random example:

Standard Seed: DD7887F51EF851AF
ID: 19211
SID: 33819
Claimed Shiny Frame: 167
pics or it didn't happen: [time finder results] and [main window breeding output]

Was one window set to international breeding and one not?

Did you check Ditto Parent if you have one, did you check Shiny only (Helps) and/or did you go to B/W Breeding (Or B/W Breeding international?)

For non-C-gear wild Pokémon RNG abuse, will changing the year in the Time Finder get me different spreads on different frames? I wanted to find a 31/3/31/x/31/31 spread on frame 1 for ease of PIDRNG abuse, but I checked all 12 months in 2011, and there weren't any.

I just successfully did Tornadus. I have one question: Will Landorus's room have NPC's to affect the PIDRNG? I may considering aiming for a shiny just to have a shiny legendary.

I just successfully did Tornadus. I have one question: Will Landorus's room have NPC's to affect the PIDRNG? I may considering aiming for a shiny just to have a shiny legendary.
Abundant Shrine has at least one wandering NPC. Apparently if you battle them and don't leave the area they will stop moving, however.

I have a seed that is flawless, and the Pokemon I get from it in Slot 1 is Vullaby. It's an Adamant nature, will having a Bold Sync make it Bold?

I've been trying to RNG my TID/SID. I'm 99% sure I've hit my seed, and I've gotten the right trainer ID. However, my Snivy still isn't shiny :/... what do I do?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)