fix the time zones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if I need to change this or Smogon does (or if I need to change it on the computer) but since Daylight Savings Time, it thinks I'm GMT -4 when I'm really GMT -5. Do I change it on my computer, on my account, or does Smogon have to fix it?
Not sure where else to post this sorry.

in my options, it's set to GMT -5. However, in the bottom, it still says "All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:14:35 PM."

DST is already factored in on the time. The time is right, it's just the timezone isn't. If I set it to GMT -6 the time will be an hour back...

Since GMT never changes time, wouldn't it make sense that after DST, GMT -5 becomes -4? I have the same thing, and that's the way I always thought of it.

Nothing's wrong. GMT is Greenwich Mean Time, which as DJXO9 said, never changes.

You are correct in thinking that your timezone, EST (Eastern Standard Time) is GMT -5. I'm in the same timezone as you, I should know. However, as Delko pointed out, it's summertime. Because of Daylight Savings, in the summertime, we're on EDT (Eastern Daylight Time). In terms of EDT, we're GMT -4. The forums are giving you the right time.

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/usa/new-york/new-york-city/time/

Yup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)