*insert name of my stall team here*

Well, this is my first stall team, and I've decided to have it rated here. :D
This team is specially built so that it wouldn't be hard to put together on my DS, so please don't suggest any of the following:
1. Sinnoh-exclusive Pokémon (I'm looking at you, Garchomp)
2. TRU and Gamestop event Pokémon
3. Ridiculously hard to get DW Pokémon
Any suggestions for team and Pokémon names are welcome!

Nidoqueen @ Air Balloon/Leftovers
Nature: Impish EV's: 252 HP/252 Def/252 Sp. Def
Ability: Poison Point

Toxic Spikes
Stealth Rock
Dragon Tail
Earthquake

Nidoqueen's basic job is to lay down hazards, perhaps shuffle the opponent a bit, and get out of there. Its Poison typing lets it absorb Toxic Spikes (though only one member of the team is vulnerable to it...). Air Balloon has surprised a lot of people, but I'm not sure if I should put in Leftovers instead. I also don't know if I should replace her either.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Nature: Impish/Careful EV's: 32 HP/252 Def/224 Sp. Def
Ability: Iron Barbs

Substitute
Leech Seed
Spikes
Power Whip

Standard issue Sub-Seed Ferrothorn, basically, and it's the core of the team. 32 HP is there for Leftovers. If you have a better EV spread, go ahead and suggest me one.

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold EV's: 48 HP/252 Def/208 Sp. Def (0 Attack IV's to keep Confusion damage to a minimum)
Ability: Water Absorb

Protect
Scald
Shadow Ball
Recover

Jellicent makes a great partner for Ferrothorn, resisting its Fire weakness and being immune to its Fighting weakness. It can spinblock too! Scald is there to burn stuff, and Shadow Ball for taking out other Ghost types. Protect stalls and scouts, while Recover keeps it healthy. Once again, help me out with the EV spread.

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Nature: Impish EV's: 224 HP/252 Def/32 Sp. Def
Ability: Overcoat

Toxic
Roost
Whirlwind
Brave Bird

My main phazer and physical wall. Lots of people are surprised just how bulky this bird is- it's survived Stone Edges from sweepers of all kinds, even some critical hits. Toxic is there if my Toxic Spikes are not there and also for pesky Levitaters and Flying-types. Roost keeps me healthy, and Brave Bird finishes off stuff and acts as a failsafe in case of Taunts. Overcoat prevents it from being weather stalled, which is always a plus.

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Nature: Bold EV's: 252 Def/4 Sp. Atk/ 252 Sp. Def (I'm not sure if Confusion does damage to Reuniclus, but 0 Attack IV's just in case)
Ablilty: Magic Guard (duh...)

Calm Mind
Psyshock
Focus Blast
Recover

Standard issue Calm Mind Reuniclus. With Magic Guard, it also absorbs Poison and Burns, and afterwards, all statuses. It's there for stall and wall breaking as well, and just hits hard in general. This being a stall team, I choose Recover over Shadow Ball.

Salamence @ Expert Belt (Life Orb just kept killing it)
Nature: Naive EV's: 16 Atk/240 Sp. Atk/ 252 Speed
Ability: Intimidate

Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Fire Blast
Draco Meteor

Standard issue MixMence, basically. This guy is my backup and is in charge of eliminating a Pokémon if stalling does not work. I choose Dragon Claw over Outrage because I don't want to get stuck if this guy is my last Pokémon. Draco Meteor is my emergency Pokémon removal protocol.

Well, there you have it. :D All criticism is welcome, but insults are not.

Well considering this team is a stall team, rapid spin is next to crucial. Because of this, i suggest swapping Nidoqueen for Tentacruel, who can also place spikes as well as reliably spin the opponents entry hazards away. Kinda redundant with Jellicent, but it would still aid your team immensely.

No it can't, however Ferrothorn can, so I advise throwing on Stealth Rock, as you need a spinner. OR, you could replace Jellicent cause of the redundancy with Tentacruel and use a different wall that can learn Stealth Rock. Possibly special defensive Blissey?

No, it won't. That's why I'm trying to find a spinblocker with stealth rock, cause it's essentially a necessity.

...And there aren't any >.>

You could trade out Nidoqueen for Forretress? Immune to Toxic spikes, can spin, and set up both types of spikes, so you could even free up a moveslot on ferrothorn.

Hm. That's a hard one. You could always switch out, but really it's up to you. If Dragon Tail + taunt resistance is integral, than keep Nidoqueen. If it isn't, then use Foretress :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)