Staraptor

Also, Staraptor usually needs band just to go through Slowbro, else it just falls short of the 2ko after lefties and bro is free to recover until it's ko'd.
Nope. LO Brave Bird / Double-Edge 2HKOs with Rocks 100% of the time, and will usually 2HKO without it also. Already did the calcs in the Suspect thread, feel free to check them if you'd like.

when I said that I probably meant how you can usually switch into a CC or Sub and continuously Slack Off until it dies or gives you an opening, as it does like 5% damage each "round" (LO BB usually does like 55% so I'm being generous).

when I said that I probably meant how you can usually switch into a CC or Sub and continuously Slack Off until it dies or gives you an opening, as it does like 5% damage each "round" (LO BB usually does like 55% so I'm being generous).
Well, first, if I see a Slowbro on your team, I don't know why I would be spamming Close Combat. Second, let's see. Brave Bird is doing, on average, 54.05%. So, with Stealth Rock up, that should just about be a 2HKO there. Third, if it's SubRoost, it wouldn't care about recoil at all because it'll just Roost off all damage. At best, you're forcing Staraptor out, at worst it 2HKOs regardless. Not very good odds.

Oh, and Choice Band just flat-out beats Slowbro, with or without Rocks. 57.1% - 67.3% from Band STAB Reckless Brave Bird.

I don't know, I'm speaking out of experience here. It's definitely not impossible switching in Slowbro safely, especially if you know what you're doing. And I've already won over countless Roost sets for the sole reason that Scald already does half+ damage to it, so it's a losing fight for raptor since it dies when it attacks.

All I've been saying up to now is through experience, I'm not confident about this for no reason.

And I'm saying this through my experience with SubRoost Staraptor as well as the calcs. Just running Sub | Roost | Double-Edge | Brave Bird with LO, you've pretty much got Slowbro beat. If Slowbro tries to attack with Scald, then that means its not Slacking Off, which means that it can't stall out Staraptor because then it gets 2HKO'd.

Now, I know this is difficult to do in UU, but this is a set that I've been messing around with to great effect:

Chansey @ Eviolite
252 Def/252 SpDef/4 Spe
Bold(Calm) / Natural Cure

Toxic
Seismic Toss
Softboiled
Snatch

This is kind of a mixed wall, anti-setup pokemon. You can have all kinds of fun with this, though some of chansey's rarer 'counters' like subseeders will still get the jump on you. It also lets chansey outstall anything on a stall team 1v1, including other Chansey/Blissey. Even Aromatherapy types, because snatch steals it and has 16 PP.
Whats that got to do with staraptor?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)