Spiritomb

How about a non-attacking set (Taunt bait I know) with
-Torment/Taunt
-Substitute
-Protect
-Spite

Also, don't you guys think a Psych Up set could be viable? Specially if you are trying to counter Reuniclus and/or Conkeldurr.
This is a decent point, actually, with Tomb's immunity to Psyshock meaning stealing the Calm Mind boosts will really help.

Tomb is faster than any normal Reuniclus regardless of nature, because nobody is trying to make Reuniclus outspeed anything. It's also faster than a Brave, 0 Speed IV Conkeldurr. 36 Speed EVs will guarantee it being faster than a Brave Conkeldurr with a 31 Speed IV while 84 would outspeed a neutral, 31 IV to Psych Up before it gets hit by Stone Edge.

Something like:

Spiritomb@Leftovers
Psych Up
Psychic
Dark Pulse
Sucker Punch

Would be a neat countersweeper. Steals the respective boost, outspeeds Reuniclus and hopes for a Dark Pulse flinch or Pressure Stall to get through it, and can kill off Conkeldurr pretty easily with unboosted Psychic before sweeping with Sucker Punch.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
It's still an awesome tank, but he'll never be as bulky as the eviolite users. My guess is that he'll stay in UU like last generation.

His DW ability is better if you run a sweeper set to make sure Screeners dont ruin your day.

Pressure is better on stall/tanky sets however.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
What kind of threats does Spiritomb face this gen?
Like last Gen Spiritomb has barely a place in the OU enviroment, because it simply can't take most of the attacks thrown around in OU it also has no resistances outside of its three good immunities, but they are just not enough. Almost every attacker can muscle through spiritomb since it lacks relieable recovery, a strong (useful) stab and with its good awful speed it also has difficulties to burn a physical attacker before getting KOed. Its also vulnerable to all kind of hazards and i feel that both spikes and t-spikes got more common this gen.
If this wasn't enough it simply lacks a niche, as a defensive Ghost and Spinblocker its totally outclassed by Jellicent and Dusclops both have better defenses and the former also has access to instant recovery and an argueably better secondary typing.
The good news are it completly counters CM Recover Reuniclus something that almost nothing else can do, however this is often not enough to be worth a spot on a team.
In UU, much like last gen, things look a little better for Spiritomb as the attacks hurt much less allowing tomb to actually survive a hit.

Like last Gen Spiritomb has barely a place in the OU enviroment, because it simply can't take most of the attacks thrown around in OU it also has no resistances outside of its three good immunities, but they are just not enough. Almost every attacker can muscle through spiritomb since it lacks relieable recovery, a strong (useful) stab and with its good awful speed it also has difficulties to burn a physical attacker before getting KOed. Its also vulnerable to all kind of hazards and i feel that both spikes and t-spikes got more common this gen.
If this wasn't enough it simply lacks a niche, as a defensive Ghost and Spinblocker its totally outclassed by Jellicent and Dusclops both have better defenses and the former also has access to instant recovery and an argueably better secondary typing.
The good news are it completly counters CM Recover Reuniclus something that almost nothing else can do, however this is often not enough to be worth a spot on a team.
In UU, much like last gen, things look a little better for Spiritomb as the attacks hurt much less allowing tomb to actually survive a hit.
I'd argue that Sableye (in DW only until Prankster is released) is even better for countering the motherfucker, since it can not only wall it to kingdom come, but it can also can muscle through one that's already set up by using Punishment, and also use priority Substitute to stall out offensive TR Reuniclus until TR is out.

How's this for a Spiritomb moveset?

Spiritomb-Leftovers (Pressure)
252 HP/128 Def/128 SpDef
Relaxed (Def+,Spd-)
Shadow Sneak
Pain Split
Will-O-Wisp/Toxic
Psychic

Shadow Sneak is for those pesky Psychics running around this gen & Psychic is for those overpowered Fighting types. Pain Split & your choice of status are pretty standard on Spiritomb, so they both are here as well.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Iv'e had success with the gen 4 attacking lead set actually, I often get a why the hell are you leading with spiritomb, then they have two of their pokemon down a few turns later. Shadow ball boosted by spooky plate is actually pretty strong and pursuit+sucker punch is great for taking down weakened pokemon later in the match with some prediction ,hp fighting rounds off the coverage. i have had more success with the lead than the CMer or any other set. it can still take a hit due to Hp evs.

Mastermind,

I personally think you might want to skip out on Shadow Sneak and put in Dark Pulse. It's exactly the same in terms of weaknesses except that it is more powerful and it is special. You still might want to put in Shadow Sneak somewhere, though.

Noah.
----------------------------

TeamRocket Evil Incorporated!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)