Rain Stall... Does it work?

why not use the ghost water pokemon? it can spin block and burn or toxic it also has water absorb and has acess to recover for stall

The problem with the Gellicent, who is an awesome pokemon anyways... is that using Gellicent over something like a ScarfGengar or a BandedTomb adds ANOTHER water type to your list. Generally, you want to keep your water typing to a minimum so that you aren't heavily grass weak or electric weak. You CAN run Gellicent... just make sure you only have 2 more water types... And having to run Tentacruel limits you down to one...

Plus, Vaporeon has an awesome ability in Hydration, and while Jell gets Water Absorb that's simple not as good. In addition, oddly I've barely seen Rapid Spin in this meta. So, being a spinblocker is just not as good as it used to be.

Plus, Vaporeon has an awesome ability in Hydration, and while Jell gets Water Absorb that's simple not as good. In addition, oddly I've barely seen Rapid Spin in this meta. So, being a spinblocker is just not as good as it used to be.
Personally, I feel like Hydration is far inferior to Wish+Protect with Water Absorb. Hydration halves the turns you can stall for, and lacks team support and the Water immunity which can be vital for Rain Stall despite its resists.

Rapid Spin is common primarily on stall, who need to get rid of opposing hazards, but not much else. Nonetheless, having a spinblocker is vital for Rain Stall given that it almost requires T-Spikes to do significant residual damage.

In terms of what water types you choose:
  • Politoed is obviously essential, which is unfortunate.
  • Tentacruel is very valuable for Rain Dish, Spinning and T-Spikes (and their absorbtion).
  • Jellicent is simply the best possible Spinblocker due to being able to burn Dory and hit him SE for Rain boosted damage, and absorbing Starmie's water hits (and can also hit it SE).
  • Vappy is an ideal team supporter with big Wishes and water absorb.
To me, the most replaceable seems to be Vappy. A Blissey can pass wishes and be a special wall just as well, whilst also being able to heal status which is very useful indeed. Parasect for awesome stalling and Natt for spikes and maybe SR are very useful too.

Note: Vappy learns Heal Bell too.

The downsides of WishProtect are that they take two slots, don't make you immune to status, and that every pokemon you mentioned in that post resists Water, so Water Absorb isn't needed.

Plus, HydraRest is just so damn cool.

Note: Vappy learns Heal Bell too.

The downsides of WishProtect are that they take two slots, don't make you immune to status, and that every pokemon you mentioned in that post resists Water, so Water Absorb isn't needed.

Plus, HydraRest is just so damn cool.
Since DW Eevee is in fact not relesed, Wish, Heal Bell and Baton Pass are sadly illegal with Hydration. A Hydration set with Rest, Wish, Heal Bell and STAB would be excellent though, which is unfortunate..

The extra moveslot is a downfall I agree, but Water Absorb is still very valuable for the extra health upon coming into hazards - and that boosted Starmie's Hydro Pump etc will severely damage even resists in Rain, so having an immunity or two is useful. Status immunity is also very good, but a Heal Beller elsewhere or clever play whilst using Tentacruel to absorb T-Spikes can prevent status issues anyway.

hey, I really wanna make this rainstall team but I can't get the pokemon lol. I still need politoed (drizzle) and tentacruel(raindish) also, parasect. If anybody has any for free, please PM me. Thanks!

MY BLACK FC: 0690 4944 2316

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it in this thread, but Hydration + Rest Lapras is evil. Outstalled my wall....Till I switched in Tyranitar....Lapras and Vaporeon have similar stats, Lapras has higher Defense than Vaporeon and they both have 130 base HP.

When thinking of stall, always keep eviolite in mind. Eviolite Shelmet with Hydration, or even just Shell Armor because Crits tend to always destroy eviolite users, is a fun gimmick. Hydration keeps him safe of status like Toxic as well as letting him Rest. Or just run Shell Armor with Recover, as he still gets a boost because Rain nerfs his only fire weakness.

Rain Dish Tenta can do a Stallrein impression. Well, okay, that's a lie. Saying Rain Dish Tenta can do a Stallrein impression is like calling Johnny Cash's cover of Hurt a Nine Inch Nails impression. RDTenta is simply a better Stallrein than Stallrein.

The set:

Tentacruel@leftovers/Black Sludge
EV's and nature go here!
Substitute
Protect
Toxic Spikes/Toxic
Surf/Brine

While it lacks Walrein's roar, it makes up for it with a stronger surf/brine (before the rain boost, even) to more effectively wear down foes, a much better typing and set of stats.

Blastoise was mentioned earlier, but I feel like the turtle just isn't as good as the original deadly jellyfish.
Why not use scald? The burn is useful for dragonite, salemence, scizor, etc that try to set up on you/are immune to toxic spikes. Im testing it now i might post my team later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)