a roleplaying section

Status
Not open for further replies.

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
basically, i am requesting a section for roleplaying.

i don't know whether roleplays would already fit in circus maximus or smeargle's studio (not CAPASB; battle systems for roleplays are terribad :I), but i wouldn't say so.

for those who don't really know what roleplaying is (or who have an unclear vision on what i mean), it's basically turn-based story writing, except everyone only controls his own character(s), and maybe some other things.

I approve, so long as it would be in Socialization in the Empire and we get substantial user support. Maybe as a subforum of Circus Maximus?

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
TBH, I've been planning a roleplaying thing for Circus for about a month now, to see how Smogon reacts to it. Perhaps we should wait, and see what happens with the idea?

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
thanks for all the support for this idea!

yes; i would agree that this would fit rather well as a circus maximus subforum, even though roleplays might not be games in the strictest sense.

@lady salamence: you definitely shouldn't wait till the final words about this idea have been spoken, because if it's successful it might promote the addition of a roleplaying forum even more.

It probably isn't the exact same thing, but that Link on a Pokemon adventure thread is awesome :) I wish I was creative enough to help out.

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
hello this is smogon the competitive battling site perhaps you were looking for one of the hundred other pokemon sites that does roleplaying

So far as I am aware, there are many sections of Smogon that have nothing to do with competitive Pokemon battling. I see no reason why the Sports Arena or Circus Maximus or whatever should be treated any differently than something like a roleplaying forum. That said, I don't really think there's enough of a crowd at Smogon for roleplaying, and that the roleplaying communities of Pokemon are already well-established at the other popular websites. That isn't to say we shouldn't have such a forum as well, but if I were a person looking to roleplay, I wouldn't be looking for it here. Maybe you should try one of the other websites, instead.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Now now m0nkfish if we followed the whole competitive Pokemon site thing Socialization wouldn't have legs to stand on.

Regardless, I think the best place for this is in the groups section. I don't think a roleplaying forum is that great of an idea and itd probably work better in the group sections (easier to filter different rps and whatnot).

CM raises a good point, actually. The structure of social groups actually makes it far superior to a forum for roleplaying purposes.

There is currently an RPG going on in Circus: vonFiedler's PSW game. If that works out, then I'm all for more RPGs and if enough of a player base can be built up, maybe a separate subforum of Circus for them.

hello this is smogon the competitive battling site perhaps you were looking for one of the hundred other pokemon sites that does roleplaying
So what's Smeargle's Studio doing on Smogon? Surely that isn't considered competitive battling? And why the heck do we have "a forum," which has absolutely nothing to do with Pokemon or (outside of Sports Arena) competition?

It wouldn't be part of the main site; it would be part of Socialization in the Empire.

I'm not sure why you guys think that this is so far-fetched for smogon, isn't mafia basically roleplaying?

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
No.

Mafia is extremely different from Roleplaying

Mafia - Deadlines - roles recieved - set player cap - "win condition"
RPing - No deadlines - roles made - no set player cap - no "win condition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)