Flawless

Team At Glance

Introduction
This team is played in the Wi-Fi tier on Pokemon Online, Singles, Generation V. My goal from the start, if it goes uninterrupted, is to use Substitute, Calm Mind once or twice, and then pass to my Starmie. If that goes wrong somehow, I've got a few other ways that I might be able to make it work.

I say my team is flawless, but it's anything but.
A Closer Look

Espeon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Baton Pass
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Psychic

As I mentioned before, this is my lead. My set-up. My passer. I basically block your average lead with Magic Bounce and use Substitute. Then I use Calm Mind a few times, and pass over to my Starmie, making sure it takes no damage from switching in (with the substitute being passed down.)

If I ever feel that my plan is in danger of failing, I resort to a couple of things. I can sometimes set up Calm Mind, and then use Psychic to kind of trick the person I'm battling, and catch them off guard with a 2HKO or sometimes even a OHKO. Other times, I might just end up having to switch out to Conkeldurr and work from that. I really like this lead, and it works great with my team. Even if I can't pass to Starmie, I can always pass to Conkeldurr. No harm in that, as its Spec. Def goes up too.

Jellicent (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Cursed Body
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Recover

Jellicent was actually a last minute replacement before making this RMT thread. I had Jirachi, but it never pulled through for me, and I already had a better Revenge Killer. I don't know for sure yet, but I hope it will work. I know that it is an amazing staller, and also a great taunter. It counters that Whimsicott as well, just in case my Espeon fails. It's generally safe to switch in, as it can take many of the Generation 5 OU threats.

Conkeldurr (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Payback

I love love love this thing. This is my Physical Sweeper. Bulk Up is to, well, make him bulkier. Drain Punch is to deal devastating damage while gaining lost HP back. Mach Punch is to ensure you have the win. Payback? Maybe there's something I can't hit.This thing never fails me.

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Ice Fang

Great Scrafty counter and a great bulky late-game sweeper if Conkeldurr is gone. Toxic Orb and Poison Heal work like leftovers, but better. Now it's immune to paralysis, poison, burn, and sleep. With Swords Dance, this can become very dangerous as a wall and a sweeper.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Starmie is my new favorite Pokemon. Unorthodox speed and wicked Special Attack, especially with Calm Mind support, makes it a deadly. Surf can sometimes be unreliable with Accuracy, but when it hits, it dishes out great power. Surf is more accurate, but at the cost of slightly less damage (in most cases.) Not only is this Starmie a great Special Sweeper, but it is also my Rapid Spin support.

Throughout my experience, I've never had to use Recover with Starmie. From my perspective, Starmie is very squishy, and won't be able to survive many attacks, especially if it hasn't had any Calm Mind support from Espeon. I replaced it with Ice Beam, and it seems to be working out well.

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 212 HP / 124 Def / 172 SDef
IVs: 0 Spe
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock

Leech Seed first. Stealth Rock set-up if needed. From there, I can either use Gyro Ball with 40 speed and 224 attack, or Power Whip. We all know what it does. It's on everybody's team. It works out great on my teams, and even better against Rain Dance teams.

How is this for my first RMT? I feel kind of nervous :S

I'd say that a subdisable Gengar runs circles around your team. You have 1 ghost resist, ferrothorn, who is hit for large damage by focus blast (guarenteed 2hko if it hits twice and misses once, including lefties recovery). Disable blocks payback from Conkeldurr, and shadow ball hits three of your pokes super effectively. Gliscor is forced to use ice fang (which can be blocked by disable), and is 2hko'd over half of the time by shadow ball. Here is the analysis for gengar: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3447299
That should give you some ideas for counters. Gengar is beatable if you can exploit its weak defenses, but if it gets in safely you'll be in for a rough time. Jellicent CAN do something, but it is 2hko'd by shadow ball and only does 44.7%-53%. The team otherwise looks pretty solid.

You should really take into consideration protect on gliscor. It allows him to live longer and take more hits. Seeing as he is your only Doryuuzu counter, I'm sure you wouldnt want him to die early on.

I asure u if you change surf for scald on blissey, your life will be complete. The 30% chance of burn is just glorious. It helps against many physical attackers and will work wondrs for your team

Ferrothorn

Try and lengthen your descriptions for your pokes a little. I've seen threads closed for less. Also, I find Ferrothorn a much better Spiker as so few can do it well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)