Feraligatr

Feraligatr@Life Orb
140 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 116 Spe
Adamant: Sheer Force
-agility
-Water Fall
-Ice Fang
-Crunch/ Bulldoze/ Rock Slide

I made this set a while ago, I forgot why I use that spread.. but oh well.
Agility make Gatr a great Late-game finisher doubling his pathetic speed. Waterfall and Ice Fang for Stab and coverage boosted by SF+LO with no draw back.
Last move for coverage Crunch is for psychic or ghosts, Bulldoze for ground type coverage and no recoil from LO, and Rock Slide for coverage.

Doesn't Crunch have a secondary effect of lowering Defense by one stage? Wouldn't that get boosted by Sheer Force too?

Why? With 1 DD you already outspeed almost everything notable and have the power to break many walls with power and good coverage (which you lose out on by choosing two boosting moves). Oftentimes you won't find teams that require only a speed boost or only an attack boost to beat, and this is the problem with double-dance Terrakion- you sometimes need a little bit of both boosts to beat his counters. Dragon dance already does this, and if you're anticipating two boost turns, you should DD twice for the extra moveslot. You can use that last slot for another sheer force move (rock slide, crunch, or ice punch) because Gatr likes both the power and the loss of recoil (as I said, he needs to avoid residual damage to utilize his above-average bulk), or he can run EQ/Superpower to hit the common Empoleon. Return seems mediocre overall, with no SE coverage and equal neutral coverage to Waterfall/Ice Punch/Crunch without utilizing Gatr's main attraction, sheer force.

tl;dr just use DD.
DD and Sheer Force are most likely illegal together

DD and Sheer Force are most likely illegal together
Hm... maybe, we don't know. Let's wait till it gets released to see if it gets male and female releases, or if DD becomes the "last gen" move it's given. If I don't get to use Sheer Force DDGatr in UU I'll be sad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)