RU Threat List

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with Bouffalant is that SDing on the switch might not be a hot idea - he is still slow as a slug. Besides, Team Preview showing a Bouffalant will keep Grass types weary of nillywilly firing off their moves.

The problem with Bouffalant is that SDing on the switch might not be a hot idea - he is still slow as a slug. Besides, Team Preview showing a Bouffalant will keep Grass types weary of nillywilly firing off their moves.
You would think that would be the case, but even after seeing I have a Bouffalant in Team Preview most people assume I am running Reckless.

Swords Dance is risky, that much is true, but you can run Pursuit or even Substitute over it if you are that worried.

You can also run a 164 Hp/252 atk/94 speed set to outspeed most rather slow threats.

With 252 HP i can guarantee that Bouffalant can survive SE hits, and sometimes even surviving 2.

I'll get him up on the threat list eventually, because he definitely deserves a spot, but he's not as dominant as you say he is. Stuff like Cresselia and Tangela (even though he can't do anything back), aren't damaged much by his moves, even after a SD. He can't do much of anything to Rhyperior or Rhydon because Solid Rock makes Earthquake neutral and their defenses are just absurd. He's also extremely slow and taken out by repeated strong hits. He can indeed get a kill a match or so generally, I'll give you that.

I'll get him up on the threat list eventually, because he definitely deserves a spot, but he's not as dominant as you say he is. Stuff like Cresselia and Tangela (even though he can't do anything back), aren't damaged much by his moves, even after a SD. He can't do much of anything to Rhyperior or Rhydon because Solid Rock makes Earthquake neutral and their defenses are just absurd. He's also extremely slow and taken out by repeated strong hits. He can indeed get a kill a match or so generally, I'll give you that.
Megahorn cant remove them?

@Xephyr: I just failed at life...

yeah, but with sap sipper tangela can't do shit to boufallant

megahorn/return/earthquake seems like the best coverage imo
Why Return? Head Charge is really powerful and barely gives you any recoil at all.

You could run Megahorn on him because of the large amount of Grass/Dark/Psychic pokemon in RU.

Solid Rock reduces damage by 1/4 not 1/2, so that makes a SE move do 1.5* rather than 2*. Not that it really matters because of how bulky they are.

I am not sure about Tangela or Cresselia being able to take a +3 Megahorn (Sap Sipper + Swords Dance) without it being at least a 2HKO

Ok, I feel like Emboar needs to be added to the list. Dual STABs with powerful moves and a diverse movepool, the ability to boost speed with Nitro Charge, also capable of running a very effective Scarf set that can beat its usual checks. god.... i ran into this guy running scarfed emboar and i lost to that dumb thing every time... anyways, it deserves a spot on the threatlist.

Also there's something weird on the description of Yanmega, you say that Electrode is immune to Bug Buzz??? O.o

To anyone that's interested, I posted a RMT that shows an effective way to make a SmashPass team:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3450048

It's a dirty strategy though, so only use it if you're okay with getting cussed out by people when you 6-0 them.

Anyway, back to Bouffulant. With Megahorn/Return/EQ, you're tanked by Blastoise. And he can burn you with scald, which effectively ruins your life.

EDIT: Emboar is god awful. He is not going on any of my lists. Ever.

To anyone that's interested, I posted a RMT that shows an effective way to make a SmashPass team:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3450048

It's a dirty strategy though, so only use it if you're okay with getting cussed out by people when you 6-0 them.

Anyway, back to Bouffulant. With Megahorn/Return/EQ, you're tanked by Blastoise. And he can burn you with scald, which effectively ruins your life.

EDIT: Emboar is god awful. He is not going on any of my lists. Ever.
He is actually not that bad. Hell he was even put on a UU threat list if that tells you anything.

There don't seem to be many fire types in this tier besides Typhlosion and Entei, both of which are not good in Trick Room.

He is actually not that bad. Hell he was even put on a UU threat list if that tells you anything.

There don't seem to be many fire types in this tier besides Typhlosion and Entei, both of which are not good in Trick Room.
Coming from the guy that actually has Emboar in his sig.

It's terrible. It always has been. It always will be.

chanazn: Electrode has the ability soundproof, which makes him immune to "sound" based attacks. like bug buzz.

Coming from the guy that actually has Emboar in his sig.

It's terrible. It always has been. It always will be.

chanazn: Electrode has the ability soundproof, which makes him immune to "sound" based attacks. like bug buzz.
I will admit Emboar isnt that great stat wise but people usually just look at his stats and automatically toss him in the trash.

Have you ever even used him? He is a pretty decent Mixed wallbreaker with decent bulk.

Ohh.... I didn't realize Soundproof blocked bug buzz... still tinted lens air slash owns electrode on the switch in

I will admit Emboar isnt that great stat wise but people usually just look at his stats and automatically toss him in the trash.

Have you ever even used him? He is a pretty decent Mixed wallbreaker with decent bulk.
You must spend a lot of time lower on the ladder. Against good players, Emboar is like Electivire. People think he'd be good, but he sucks. A lot. He's completely outclassed by Typhlosion and Entei in every way.

breh

強いだね
it does not have UU threatlist analysis but I do agree that scarf is quite fearful. decent bulk and surprisingly good speed (aka outspeeds sceptile). It also outspeeds +2 Adamant Rhyperior.

You must spend a lot of time lower on the ladder. Against good players, Emboar is like Electivire. People think he'd be good, but he sucks. A lot. He's completely outclassed by Typhlosion and Entei in every way.
Not in every way. In Trick Room Emboar is the best Fire pokemon for the job. He can also do more damage with mixed sets than Entei and Typhlosion can.

Maybe Emboar wont actually shine until NU is created. I can't see any other Fire or Fighting pokemon outshining Emboar in the lowest of tiers.

Don't write off Emboar, his Fire and Fighting STABs are a notoriously hard combination to switch into and always creates mind games. It's easy to switch him into the premier sponges of this tier (Tangela, Clefable etc I would say Lickilicky but he isn't common) and fire off attacks. His Attack stat is good and he has decent bulk to come in on many resistances and yes I faced a guy with a Scarf Emboar too and that thing was a bitch hence why I am defending it (counter intuitive I know!) but yeah, I'm not taking Emboar for granted ever again.

While reading i notice that articuno's post said one of his major problems is being weak to steel.
Since scizor is gone and so is excavalier, what steel attackers are there other than durant?

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I actually think Crustle deserves a mention. He is a great pokemon to set up entry hazards as with sturdy, he is almost always going to be able to get Stealth Rock on the field and possibly even spikes. 95 base attack is good for unleashing powerful moves such as X-Scissor, Earthquake and Rock Blast. He also has Shell Smash which I shouldn't even need to explain.

I actually think Crustle deserves a mention. He is a great pokemon to set up entry hazards as with sturdy, he is almost always going to be able to get Stealth Rock on the field and possibly even spikes. 95 base attack is good for unleashing powerful moves such as X-Scissor, Earthquake and Rock Blast. He also has Shell Smash which I shouldn't even need to explain.
Stealth Rock
Shell Smash
X-Scissor
Earthquake
@Red Card

Is that speed berry released? On PO I used to use a Crustle with Shell Smash, the speed berry, and Sturdy. Set up once, (or twice if the opponent switches) survive with sturdy, get a boost of speed that puts your speed ahead of just about every Pokemon you'd normally see and then sweep. But its destroyed by priority. Immune to SS luckily but not entry hazards so you'll need a spinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)