Battle Subway Team?

Hi, I'm new to the forums - not very experienced with competitive battling, sorry. I was wondering if anyone could help me with a Battle Subway Team in Pokemon Black/White. So far, I have these three:

Banette @Choice Scarf
Ability: Frisk
Nature: Jolly
252 speed, 160 attack, 100 hp

Shadow Claw
Taunt
Grudge
Trick

I know that Banette is a really pathetic pokemon base-stat-wise. The only reason that I am using him is this: I can set up trick with the choice scarf, thus locking the opposing pokemon's move. Then, I can spam grudge until Banette faints, thus depleting the locked move's power points. If the opponent becomes locked into a non-attacking move, I can then taunt the opponent so that that move becomes disabled. Shadow claw is just a filler move that is used to add in some extra damage if necessary. After I've set up with Banette, I can switch in to a pokemon who can set up stat-boosting moves while the opponent is struggling itself to death. That pokemon is:

Salamence @Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Lonely (I wanted to sacrifice some defense to leave room for special attack, and I figured that intimidate takes care of the defense problem)
252 speed, 252 attack, 4 hp

Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Fire Blast
Dragon Dance

While the opposing pokemon is struggling itself to death from Banette's trick/grudge set-up, Salamence can freely boost its attack and speed with dragon dance. From there, he can then sweep the rest of the opponent's team with dragon claw and earthquake. Fire blast is for bug/steel types and Ferrothorn, who always finds a way to wall me. If Salamence faints, I will send out my back-up pokemon, who is:

Zoroark @Life Orb
Ability: Illusion
Nature: Timid
252 special attack, 252 speed, 4 hp

Dark Pulse
Focus Blast
Flamethrower
Grass Knot

This is my no-set-up-required, back-up sweeper. Dark pulse is for STAB, focus blast is for opposing dark-types, flamethrower is for steels, especially bug/steel and Ferrothorn, and grass knot is for bulky water types like Swampert, etc.

I know my team probably stinks, but I'm new, and I tried (to say the least). Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

First off- try Spiritomb or Dusknoir over Banette. They both can learn Trick and Grudge and the added bulkiness increases the chances of actually getting off a Grudge. Protect should go over Shadow Claw so that you can safely predict which move to use to disable them. Secondly- Scizor can fully set up in fewer turns with Swords Dance (and has other options to boost speed like Agility if you need it/can fit it on there somehow, which you probably won't need because of Bullet Punch) and has priority (granted, you probably don't need all 6 boosts to sweep, but still). I might also suggest a Latios as a backup sweeper due to being faster and hitting slightly harder. Dragon is also a better offensive typing than Dark and a STAB Draco Meteor to the face hurts (vs. a Dark Pulse).

I will note, however, that as far as I've read, TrickScarf doesn't work as well anymore because the AI occasionally gets the brains to switch when Choice locked into a status category move/Struggle.

Just my two cents. Hope it helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)