RU Threat List

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you guys think of smash and quiver passing? I personally found it underwhelming, I've never been swept by it.

I only lurk normally but I need to get this off my chest:

The OP seems like a real asshole and should stop attacking people and generally feeling superior.

On-topic: I really like Persian, with hypnosis, fake-out and u-turn he makes for an excellent lead!

And Porygon2 is OU, I sincerely hope you haven't seen it.
i haven't ever seen any in OU so i just thought it must have dropped into the lower tiers o _o

anyway, druddigon is maybe worth mentioning, someone close to the top of the ladder used him pretty effectively against me. CB set is pretty effective due to the lack of steels in the tier (and he gets superpower anyway so) and a friend used a bulky version (sucker punch / dragon tail / glare / eq i think??) which was pretty useful. it's slow but it can tank a couple of hits pretty easily.

maybe not the best sweeper ever but it can really mow shit down if given the chance.

(also, subpetaya isn't very dangerous on typhlosion because petaya is unreleased)

Xephyr said:
Aggron
An underrated defensive Poke in this tier. With special defense investment he can wall most of the bug types present and either fire back with a super effective rock attack or do things like set up Stealth Rock, poison with Toxic, or even use the admittedly risky Metal Burst. Aggron is one of the few steel types in RU, and probably the best defensively, only facing competition with Steelix and Eviolite Ferroseed.
From the description it sounds like Aggron is used more for it's walling capabilities then it's offensive capabilities in which case wouldn't it be more effective to use Evolite Lairon

Comparing Aggron and Lairon's Defences 70/180/60 vs 60/140/50 + evolite

Lairon would have more special defense to wall Venemoth and Yanmega.

Altho Aggron gets leftovers and a higher physical bulk of 180 (which is insanely high) Lairon's 140 still does the job, then add on evolite which probably surpasses it.

And Comparing their physical attack Stat of 110 vs 90 Lairon still does the job of KO-ing the Bugs with Stab Rockhead (recoilless) Head Smash because a Offense of base 90 isn't bad although Aggron certainly does this better.

What do you think?

What do you guys think of smash and quiver passing? I personally found it underwhelming, I've never been swept by it.
I cruised to like 10th on the ladder with it and it was absolutely effortless. I even posted the team up as a RMT

The OP seems like a real asshole and should stop attacking people and generally feeling superior.
Well, I am superior as battling results will tell you. And I don't like it when people make outrageous claims and then bitch when I tell them it wouldn't work well in RU.

Well, I am superior as battling results will tell you. And I don't like it when people make outrageous claims and then bitch when I tell them it wouldn't work well in RU.
Wow. First of all, any battler worth his salt doesn't need to go round telling other battlers that he's better than them. They also don't say ridiculous shit like what you said in bold. Also, just stop being a bitch. If someone posts a bad set, any one of Smogons 128248329047012 members will be happy to tell him, since one thing Smogonites do best is telling others that their stuff sucks.

You just made the thread, you didn't create Pokemon, or this site, so quit acting like it, yeah?

Well, I'm one of Smogon's 128248329047012 members and I was happy to tell him.

I'm tired of worthless scrubs spamming up my thread. It's getting annoying.

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
ware da fuck is poliwrath. encore + water absorb + sub punching = gg

similarly, mention encore for zam. 120 speed is godly

to those wondering, ru gets a subforum when the user in charge of ru (oglemi) returns from vacation and can moderate it. i think it should be some time in the next week, this is not a guarantee though

to those wondering, ru gets a subforum when the user in charge of ru (oglemi) returns from vacation and can moderate it. i think it should be some time in the next week, this is not a guarantee though
Would Poliwrath fit better as offensive or defensive? I've seen it used both ways.

Seconded. Poliwrath is a bitch to deal with. It's probably the poke I've been swept by most often. It could be because i don't carry a taunt user though.

Its the way you go about explaining something wouldn't work well in RU. You seem to automatically assume you are correct and insult anyone who disagrees with you. That is why people were calling you stubborn and biased, because you are.

Poliwrath is defensive for sure. Packs the bulk and the movepool to sit its ass down and start screwing you over. Bulk Up, Substitute, Encore, Circle Throw, Focus Punch, Drain Punch, Waterfall, decent speed to outrun bulky pokes and its ability is amazing in this tier, completely shuts down Sharpedo and Crawdaunt. Most phazers in the tier don't match up well against it which also adds to its annoyingness factor (made up word alert).

Well, I'm one of Smogon's 128248329047012 members and I was happy to tell him.

I'm tired of worthless scrubs spamming up my thread. It's getting annoying.
Yeah, well you didn't seem to take my "stop acting like a bitch" advice, so I'll reiterate: stop acting like a bitch. If someone posts a bad set, they're not "worthless scrubs". Seriously, you are not a mod, you aren't at the top of the RU ladder, or any ladder for that matter, you're a nobody who just made ONE thread. Get over yourself.

Oh, and just to keep this on track, I've been using Poliwrath for a very long time now, even last gen, and it is just SO boss. It's also defensive, with an amazing 7 resists, so playing it as a subpuncher works best.

Poliwrath is defensive for sure. Packs the bulk and the movepool to sit its ass down and start screwing you over. Bulk Up, Substitute, Encore, Circle Throw, Focus Punch, Drain Punch, Waterfall, decent speed to outrun bulky pokes and its ability is amazing in this tier, completely shuts down Sharpedo and Crawdaunt. Most phazers in the tier don't match up well against it which also adds to its annoyingness factor (made up word alert).
yeah, now that you mention it, i do recall this sub/encore Poliwrath that completely screwed me over this one time.

Yeah, well you didn't seem to take my "stop acting like a bitch" advice, so I'll reiterate: stop acting like a bitch. If someone posts a bad set, they're not "worthless scrubs". Seriously, you are not a mod, you aren't at the top of the RU ladder, or any ladder for that matter, you're a nobody who just made ONE thread. Get over yourself.

Oh, and just to keep this on track, I've been using Poliwrath for a very long time now, even last gen, and it is just SO boss. It's also defensive, with an amazing 7 resists, so playing it as a subpuncher works best.
Well, I was at the top of the ladder until I made this thread and started testing all the horrible shit people suggest, and now I'm like 60th on the ladder. So I've lost my patience for idiots that think Red Card Crustle is a legitimate threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)