Mono- Grass (Lolz?? This guy lost his mind???)

Hello,

I'm trying out a few mono- teams, and Grass looks like pure madness to me, so I want to try it... Because It'll be tough to get a good Grass Team, I will need the expertism of the Smogon Forums.
PS: If you click on the picture, you'll get a Pop- up to Serebii.net page of that pokemon!!!

Keep in mind:
This team is for a small friend tournament, so EV's won't be used
The Team:

Leafeon @ Life Orb
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Leaf Guard
- Leaf Blade
- Aerial Ace
- X- Scizzor
- Quick Attack/ Swond Dance
Psychical Sweeper Leafeon. Leaf Blade, Aerial Ace and X- Scizzor have a acceptable coverage.

Cradily @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
Ability: Suction Cups
- Toxic
- Giga Drain
- Antient Power
- Stealth Rock
Tank Cradily. First job is to guard me against Fire and Flying attacks. Toxic and Stealth Rock help my team against Focus Sashes, and, since Cradily isn't strong in offense, help damage a lot. Giga drain over Energy Ball / Grass Knot because it helps healing, and I don't like Ingrain.

Ludicolo @ Heat Rock
Nature: Calm
Ability: Swift Swim
- Sunny Day
- Toxic
- Solar Beam
- Synthetis
The First Sunny Day Set Up. Sunny Day makes a good Grass Healing move, Synthetis, healing 75% health. It also makes Solarbeam an available option. Toxic is for against pokemon resisting Grass.

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Toxic Heal
- Substitute/ Seed Bomb
- Focus Punch/ Sky Uppercut
- Spore
- Facade
Breloom is the Reliable Steel Counter. Depending on the moves that will be used, Breloom will throw Focus Punch or Sky Uppercut to the steels, the biggest Anti- Grass Threat. Spore for taking out one enemy, and Facade is strong against all kinds of types with 140 Base Power.

Shaymin @ Leftovers​

Nature: Bold
Ability: Overgrow
- Aromatherapy
- Seed Flare
- ??? ??? ???
- Synthetis
Clears Status, because my Grass Pokemon don't like it. It doesn't work nice with Breloom, but that is an acceptable sacrafice.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Nature: Calm
Ability: Natural Cure
- Psychic
- Substitude
- Leech Seed
- Grass Knot
What's a Grass team without Celebi? My SubSeeder, good in abusing Toxic and even better in abusing Psychic, because I'll have tough times against Poison Pokemon.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Is this for in-game or Shoddy? I would guess Shoddy given Celebi's hard to get. If so, Shaymin > Meganium, you get better stats and Seed Flare for when Sun is not in effect.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
Isnt Shaymin Uber? and not legit?
Shaymin is BL and I would actually have more issue with Celebi in legality, considering the former is nearly impossible to find outside of Japan and its events were all ADV-era, and Shaymin just had a recent event (although also Japan-only, but may come to the US next year).
It can use the exact same set Meganium is using now, except that I recommend Seed Flare over Solarbeam.

I'm not really sure about sunny day because that means fire attacks will just do more damage to you, especially infernape if you're matched against fire or fighting. You don't really have much against the guy, granted since you're grass you already don't have anything <_<

I think you're best chance is maybe have a faster sub seeder (sceptile?) already up or destiny bond with cacturne.

yeah, I agree with dexterity. The only benefit you get from sunny day is is 75% leach seed and solar beam on ludicolo.. but at the prize of power up fire types and solarbeam isn't really that great because of potential tyranitar/hippoworn switch in.

You also probably wanna use surf and ice beam on Ludicolo for coverage on fire, dragon, flying and grass types.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
One error: Shaymin's ability is Natural Cure, not Overgrow.

Of course, it's only one more point for Shaymin and less for Meganium.

Not being negative but this team really shouldn't be used in competitive play...yanmega just lawls over this whole team quiet frankly. Maybe, ONE fire/steeel type can go in here. Most mono teams have at least 1 different type off pokemon but ...ya

First off, grass is not the best offensive type. I noticed that you have a STAB grass on all your six guys. It isn't necessary at all because of poor coverage. I would keep seed flare for sure though because it is just purely awesome. I suggest a more offensive shaymin set though with three attacks and leech seed to counter blissey and switchins.

For the lead, why don't you use a bulky roserade for toxic spikes? It will give you more of a chance given the grass monotype :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)