Blue and Purple - Uber Team: Peaked at #69

BLUE and PURPLE

After making numerous OU teams, I decided I wanted to try out a team using the Uber pokemon that were banned from OU. I tried many teams, and this is the one I was most successful with. This team peaked at 69 on the PO server, and it's still rising. I'll update as it gets higher. So here it is! =D

The name for the team came from the two most prominent colors of the Pokemon on my team.

Team Building:

So with the plethora of offensive Ubers out there, I decided I wanted my first choice to be somewhat defensive one. If you’ve seen my other RMT’s, I’m a very offensive player; I don’t like using Blissey, or Skarmory, or any Pokemon whose sole purpose is for stalling. However – Bulky offensive Pokemon are some of my favorites. I always wished a Steel-Dragon would be released that wasn’t Uber, but since I’m in Uber play, I’ll use him. Dialga is a great choice for a lead since he can reliably set up Stealth Rock, OHKO Darkrai leads, and Roar away Pokemon that want to set up on him.

Next I wanted a weather Pokemon solely to remove the opponent’s weather. I didn’t want my team to be weather based, but I made sure that my Pokemon were not hindered by the weather. I chose Kyogre over Groudon because of its natural bulk, great Water Typing, and great coverage.

Next I chose my sweepers. Mewtwo and Arceus are the best sweepers in the game, in my opinion. Mewtwo hits specially hard, and Arceus does physical damage.

I needed a solid revenge killer, and Palkia was my next choice. The rain would add power to Palkia’s Surf, and the ability to have both Physical and Special moves is great. The rain also lets Thunder bypass the accuracy check.

Lugia was my next choice, because I found the team to be very Normal Arceus weak. I know I said I don’t like using defensive Pokemon, but this felt necessary. Lugia can wall, toxic, and stall Arceus so it no longer poses a problem to the team.

OVERVIEW

___________________________________________________________________________________

Dialga @Lum Berry
Pressure || Modest
252 HP / 56 SpA / 200 SpD
~Stealth Rock
~Draco Meteor
~Fire Blast
~Roar

As mentioned in the Team Building section, I really wish there was a non Uber Steel Dragon, but alas, there isn’t, so I will utilize it here! Dialga is a great lead, setting up Stealth Rock reliably, as well as hitting Ferrothorn and Forretress ahard with Fire Blast. Draco Meteor is a great STAB move. The EV’s are standard and, with a Lum Berry, lets Dialga OHKO Darkrai leads with Draco Meteor. It can also OHKO Zekrom, Reshiram, and Palkia. Roar lets Dialga remove Pokemon who think they can set up on him, and rack up Stealth Rock damage.

Kyogre @Life Orb
Drizzle || Modest
248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
~Hydro Pump
~Thunder
~Thunder Wave
~Ice Beam

This Kyogre has a somewhat odd set and EV spread. The 8 Speed EV’s let me outspeed Kyorgre with 4 Speed and 2HKO with Thunder. This set is a variant of the Choice Specs set, except with a Life Orb instead, and Thunder Wave. This Kyogre is very versatile, stalling or slowing the opponent with Thunder Wave or hitting hard with Hydro Pump. Ice Beam covers those Dragons that resist Water and Electric attacks. The main purpose of Kyorgre is to counter other weather users, like Groudon and Tyranitar.

Mewtwo @Life Orb
Pressure || Timid
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
~Calm Mind
~Psystrike
~Aura Sphere
~Fire Blast

Mewtwo. After playing with Mewtwo, it has become my favorite Uber pokemon, and deservingly so. Its insane Special attack and Speed allow it to be one of the best sweepers in the entire game. After a single Calm Mind it reaches a massive 610 SpA stat, and it’s 394 Speed Stat shouldn’t be overlooked either. Psystrike is an amazing move, letting me OHKO Blissey and Chansey after a Calm Mind. Aura Sphere covers Steel and Dark types that resist Psystrike. Fire Blast takes care of Ferrothorn, Scizor, and Forretress.

Arceus-Ghost @Spooky Plate
Multitype || Jolly
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
~Swords Dance
~Shadow Force
~Brick Break
~ExtremeSpeed

Oh Ghost Arceus. I began using Arceus as its infamous Normal type, and fell in love with it. STAB Silk Scarf Swords dance Boosted ExtremeSpeed was the best thing I had ever seen in the entire game. However, I needed a ghost type to take opposing extremespeeds and fighting type moves. A ghost type would also cover the pesky psychic types I had no coverage for. I wearily changed Arceus to a Ghost type, and after a couple battles, fell in love with it once again. Shadow Force is insane – it can OHKO almost anything that doesn’t resist it. Brick Break covers Normal, Dark, and Steel types – the only types that resist Ghost. The reason I chose ExtremeSpeed over Recover is to increase Arceus’s sweeping potential and to clean up Focus sash users, and Pokemon who need a final hit to be OKed. I originally had an adamant nature, but with Shadow Force’s 120 Base Power, I switched it to Jolly to outspeed other Normal… Arceuses? Arcei? Whatever. Anyway, I can Brick Break them before they can Shadow Claw me. EVs maximize Attack and Speed.

Palkia @Choice Scarf
Pressure || Timid
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
~Spacial Rend
~Surf
~Thunder
~Fire Blast

Palkia is a wonderful revenge killer. Under the rain, Surf becomes a massive threat, changing from base 95 to base 142. Plus, Palkia’s STAB only adds to the massive power. For those pesky Dragon types that resist it, Spacial Rend is a great option. Thunder 2HKO’s Kyogre, and hits Lugia and Ho-oh for hard damage. Fire Blast is for Ferrothorn or Scizor and other Steel Types that want to try to resist Spacial Rend.

Lugia @Leftovers
Pressure || Impish
252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
~Roost
~Reflect
~Dragon Tail
~Toxic

I don’t use Lugia very often. I don’t really like the set at all. I just know that it works. It counters Normal Arceus very well, and can Toxic and Stall it out. However, it is very situational. If I have a boosted Ghost Arceus out, the opponent’s Arceus can’t do much. Kyogre can hit it hard as well. Roost is standard and allows Lugia to stall, Reflect increases the Defensive potential. Toxic wears down opposing Pokemon, and Dragon Tail can phaze them out. I once encountered an odd Calm Mind/Substitute/Roost/Aeroblast Lugia set that walled most of my team. What do you guys think of that? I’m very open to suggestions for this Pokemon slot. I’m thinking I might need a Rapid Spinner?

Threat List:

Normal Arceus
As I mentioned quite often, Normal Arceus is a big threat to my team. A STABed ExtremeSpeed can pick off most of my team. After a Swords Dance, it will OHKO every Pokemon except Dialga, Lugia, and Ghost Arceus. And even then, a simple Earthquake or Shadow Claw will take care of the rest.

Thunder Wave/Choice Scarf Zekrom
I’ve only encountered the TWave variant once, but it completely destroyed my team. Zekrom is fairly bulky as is, and Thunder Wave just crippled my team. With a Choice scarf, it can easily hit all my pokemon for hard physical damage, as well as hit Lugia hard.

Lugia
Lugia also presents a big problem. It can wall and stall my entire team. If it’s a calm mind variant, Kyogre and Palkia won’t be able to Thunder it.

Stall Teams
Teams that focus on stalling pretty much wall my team. I don't have any mixed attakers, so it's a big problem. I'm thinking of replacing Lugia for Thundurus? It can Taunt and Thunder Wave opposing threats with Priority.

I really need some good advice for this team! Thanks for commenting and rating! =D

Importable:
Dialga @ Lum Berry
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 56 SAtk / 200 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Roar
Kyogre @ Life Orb
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 244 HP / 252 SAtk / 12 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder
- Thunder Wave
- Ice Beam
Mewtwo @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Psystrike
- Aura Sphere
- Fire Blast
Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Force
- Brick Break
- ExtremeSpeed
Palkia @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Spacial Rend
- Surf
- Thunder
- Fire Blast
Lugia @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Roost
- Reflect
- Dragon Tail
- Toxic

Solid team. Ferrothorn can help out with countering scarfed Zekrom as well as taking an extremespeed hit or two (unboosted). Usually, I'm able to set up a seed on Lugia or an incoming switch-in as well. Be careful however if you choose to switch him in on a Mixed Zekrom, as Focus Blast will hit harder than expected.

Bulky Arceus-Ground is also another great check to both Zekrom and Arceus-Normal. With this set Arceus can take a hit and fire back with a will-o-wisp to either Normal Arceus or CS/CB Zekrom, easily reducing their threat level by a ton. Try this set:

Name: Supporter
Move 1: Recover
Move 2: Will-o-Wisp
Move 3: Earthquake
Move 4: Stone Edge
Item: Earth Plate
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 HP, 96 Def, 160 Spe

polop

Would you look at the time?
is a Contributor Alumnus
If your going to use kyogre why not just get rid of palkia and put a kingdra in its place. Because of swift swim you can revenge without being locked into a move, you can get rid of your scarf zekrom problem a bit since it cant switch in and is ohkoed if it trys to switch in, and Lugia doesnt like eating LO hydro pumps (most of them should be 2hkoed by it).

A set composing of dragon pulse draco meteor substitute and hydropump should work well.

While Ground Arceus might work, it means I need to get rid of my Ghost Arceus, which I am very unwilling to do. =/ I'll give Ferrothorn a try! =D

Kingdra lacks the sheer amount of power Palkia has, as well as coverage. Also, I tried to build the team so no one truly relied on the rain. Without it, Kindgra can't do much damage. But I'll give it a try =]

Thanks for the rates! =)

Whatever floats your boat. In my personal opinion, Arceus-Ground would fix close to all your problems (apart from lugia) and would be worth the switch but Ferrothorn is another good option.

Speaking of Lugia, I noticed you said he was a threat. You may want to consider dropping Fire Blast on Mewtwo and running Taunt instead, allowing you to set up your calm mind and run show. I understand you have Fire Blast for coverage but you're already running it on both Dialga and Palkia. Just another suggestion.

What does Lugia actually do for your team other than check E-Killer? It really feels like a wasted slot to me, but nothing else really can deal with it on this team. You could try Giratina with Roar over Dragon Tail as it helps deal with CM Lugia, pressures out Mono Attacking Kyogres, and counters Leftovers Ho-Oh, which your team is also extremely weak to, as Kyogre does not run enough speed to revenge mostvof them. It compounds your weakness to Scarf Zekrom sadly. Not much of anything can honestly switch into Zek, so you'll have to Fodder against it quite frequently if you arent running Ferrothorn, Groudon, or Arceus Ground, but since you're unwilling to change Arceus its probably just a pokemon you'll have to play around.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)