Aron (Analysis) [QC: 2/2]

Aron murders everything. no seriously, everything

I'll write it in a couple days / a week

[Overview]

• Still as awesome as ever
• Head Smash + STAB + Rock Head (No recoil) is pretty awesome
• Decent attack, Not fast, but not slow, good defence and not so good SpD and HP though :/
• Steel + Rock gives it 2 4x weaknesses
• Thanks Eviolite, Aron can have 'special bulk' now and kinda get around its low SpD
• Team Preview really helps it as a Choice user
• Has some neat boosting moves

[Set]
name: Rock Polish
move 1: Rock Polish
move 2: Head Smash
move 3: Iron Head
move 4: Earthquake
item: Life Orb
ability: Rock Head
nature: Adamant / Jolly
evs: 196 Atk / 116 SpD / 196 Spe

[Set Comments]

• Switch into like anything weak to rock, except for special fire type attackers
• Set up a Rock Polish and hope they dont switch in something with super effective priority

[Additional Comments]

• Expert Belt can be used when in the late game
• Just so you know you get 24 speed (26 with Jolly), but Jolly is a little overkill to me
• Fighting / Ground types OHKO
• Toxic
• Superpower instead of Iron Head maybe

[SET]
name: Choice Band
move 1: Head Smash
move 2: Earthquake
move 4: Superpower
item: Choice Band
evs: 36 HP / 196 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 196 Spe

[Set comments]

• Earthquake and Superpower for Steels
• Aerial ace for Fighting types
• And Head Smash cause it has 225 BP with no recoil....... and 80 accuracy ;(
• Use Iron Head if you feel like being an asshole to your opponent

[Additional Comments]

• You can use Autotomize instead of Rock Polish, but whatever
• Adamant adds a very important kill..... forgot what is was though
• Jolly makes it outspeed some stuff
• Evs maximize its Attack stat and Speed and just add one point to all defensive stats
• Gligar can Baton Pass Agilitys to Aron
• Fighting / Ground types OHKO

[Set]
name: Sub Magnet Rise
move 1: Substitute
move 2: Magnet Rise
move 3: Head Smash
move 4: Earthquake

[Set Comments]

• For the love of god DON'T SUB FIRST, Magnet Rise first and then sub
• Whatever

[Additional Comments]

• uhmm Iron Head in EQ or something idk

[Set]
name: Support / Lead
move 1: Stealth Rock
move 2: Roar
move 3: Toxic
move 4: Iron Head
item: Oran Berry / Eviolite
ability: Sturdy
nature: Impish / Careful
evs: 36 HP / 36 Atk / 196 Def / 196 SpD / 36 Spe

[Set Comments]

• Due to Aron's great 100 Defence, decent typing and a nice movepool allows it to pull of a good supporting set
• Isn't good as a dedicated lead, since it has 2 4x weaks and Team Preview screws him over
• Not sure if it's viable enough for its own set, maybe just OO material?

[Additional Comments]

• Slowpoke doesn't fear switching into attacks super effective on Aron
• Wynaut is like cool and stuff
• A spinner like Staryu can work when not leading
• Drifloon is a great teammate being immune to Aron's major weaknesses
• You can run Rock Head instead of Sturdy if you want to run Head Smash, but you'll lose the ability to survive any attack
• Sandstorm
• Fighting / Ground types OHKO, obviously.
• Fake Out breaks Sturdy

[Other Options]

• Screech for forcing switches
• Double-edge is neutral coverage with the same BP like after STAB Iron Head
• Endeavor sturdy gimmick is win
• Min- speed Aron with Metal Burst (steel type counter if i recall correctly)
• Hone Claws can work
• Curse with Eviolite and max Def and max Attack can work.

[Check and Counters]

• Any fighting type, but to be more specific
• Croagunk can OKHO Aron with a Vacuum Wave
• Phanpy and Hippotas with max Def live a CB Head Smash and can KO it back with a STAB Earthquake
• Carvanha Aqua Jet

[Dream World]

<p>Heavy Metal is not released and weight-based moves aren't so common.</p>

Diana

This isn't even my final form
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'd slash Iron Head ahead of Aerial Ace, you're not getting any extra KOs on Fighting-types that I calculated and Iron Head can get a lucky flinch.

Edit: I'll test Aron actually and get back to you, I'll have some fixes a bit after you finish this.

The Rock Polish set is all wrong. It should be more akin to this:

[Set]
name: Rock Polish
move 1: Rock Polish
move 2: Head Smash
move 4: Earthquake / Aerial Ace

EDIT: also the counters section should include pretty much every Fighting-type not named Tyrogue (and i think it OHKOes with HJK too)

Diana

I wouldn't even mention "Hard Rock" (Edit: Had to look it up but it's Hard Stone apparently, I see why you got confused though!), it's just not worth it. Aron's not taking recoil from Head Smash, it might as well just stick with Life Orb with an AC mention of Expert Belt.

I think you're seriously overestimating Aerial Ace. I mean it's worth a little at times so I can see why it's getting slashes on some sets but I'd take it out of the overview. I admit it's easy to think it's cool with all the Fighting-types around but Iron Head does basically the same damage and even Head Smash does just a tiny bit less.

Heat Crash (I assume on Tepig) and Heavy Slam aren't illegal at all. You can get them while breeding, but they're illegal with pretty much any gen 4 move. Luckily, for Aron, that isn't much to note.

Need to mention Fighting and Ground-types in pretty much every AC section really, and maybe some teammates to help? Slowpoke's cool for that. Gligar's actually neutral to Head Smash though so I'm not sure if it's ever switching in. I wouldn't.

Honestly, I was on the fence about the support set, but it is reliable rocks and can Toxic some Ground-type trying to switch in. Maybe pair it with a spinner if you're not leading, Staryu's cool for that.

I was about to tell you to expand on Checks and Counters but I realized not much is about to take a Head Smash lol. Maybe mention Carvanha and Chinchou and revenge killers though.

No to a Curse set, OO is enough for it.

Other Options should be expanded too.
Autotomize is like Rock Polish but lowers your weight. Not really necessary to use in LC but it's cool.
Double-Edge for neutral coverage with Rock Head is fun, same damage as STAB Iron Head.
Metal Burst with Sturdy could be a fun gimmick if you make your Aron really slow.
Hone Claws can raise attack but Aron rarely has the time.
Toxic could make Hippopotas think twice about switching in.
Endeavor is another gimmicky move that could work with Sturdy.
Magnet Rise could let Aron avoid an Earthquake.

Diana

So are you adding any more to the skeleton because if everything's there that you want I'll stamp it.

Edit: Yeah unless you're adding another set or something and I doubt you are...

[QC 1/2]

Wait what, what does Aerial Ace do for you, STAB Iron Head has the same damage as SE Aerial Ace, and there's nothing with evasion except Gligar, and if you DO Aerial Ace Gligar, you are already screwed.

I'd actually like to see Substitute slashed with Rock Polish (rename it Non-Choiced Attacker or something) and Magnet Rise over Aerial Ace. Sub Magnet Rise Aron is extremely scary, as once it's immune to one of its most common weaknesses, shit goes down to Head Smash, and Substitute helps get it around priority and set up on helpless Ground-types.

Also, what the crap is Adamant doing slashed first? Jolly, all the way. Aron needs the speed. It's slow as hell already, even with Rock Polish.

I'd also put that set first, as Choice Band is always a mediocre option when Life Orb has nearly the same power for a far less crippling drawback.

Chinchou never uses Aqua Jet.

Gligar tanks Head Smashes even without a resist and EQs/Aqua Tails.

Fake Out stops the support set's sturdy.

Wynaut murders Fighting-types that aren't Scraggy, so it's a good teammate.

Superpower murders Scraggy.

Screech could be useful for forcing a switch or breaking physical walls, but it leaves Aron open to revenge kills (and it also can't sweep), and there aren't really that many physical walls who are slower than Aron and gaf about Screech while they EQ it and switch out.

Made the changes except for the Sub Magnet Rise are you sure its viable? Cause Sub Magnet Rise and Rock Polish are two different things so i wouldn't fuse it together

...okay, maybe don't fuse it together. But it lures in and rapes all of Aron's fast, unbulky RP revenge killers (and Ground-types who aren't Aqua Tail Gligar), sets up on them, and murders them, so I'd say it's pretty good.

Test it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)