KICK IT! (peaked #10 on skarmbliss server)

before slamming back down to #74 fuck

also smogonites, this was originally posted here, and i'm posting it here because it's my favorite team to play with, (especially on wifi because i seem to get more swag hax on the actual cart) and i'd like to see what a different community thinks of it. i've made a few minor changes to it, but for the time being i'll just post the original team.

also sung to the tune of the DK rap

HERE! HERE! HERE WE GO!

SO THEY'RE FINALLY HERE, PERFORMING FOR YOU
IF YOU KNOW THE WORDS YOU CAN JOIN IN TOO!
PUT YOUR HANDS TOGETHER IF YOU WANT TO CLAP
AS WE TAKE YOU THROUGH
THIS FUN-KY RAP!

UH!

D.J.! DANNY JONES!

Conkeldurr @ Sitrus Berry
Adamant nature
Ability: Guts
252 Attack / 252 SpD / 6 HP

Hammer Arm
Mach Punch
Wide Guard
Rock Slide

HE'S THE LEADER OF THE BUNCH
YOU KNOW HIM WELL; HE'S FINALLY BACK!
AND'LL CUT NO SLACK!
HIS HAMMER ARM, DECREASES HIS SPEED
IF IT HITS YOU (OW!) IT'LL HURT INDEED!
HE'S BIGGER, FASTER (?) AND STRONGER TOO
HE'S THE FIRST MEMBER OF THE D.J. CREW!

D.J.! GUSTY GUSS!

Tornadus @ Flying Gem
Jolly nature
252 Speed / 252 Attack / 6 HP

Acrobatics
Protect
Substitute
Taunt/Tailwind

THIS GUY HAS STYLE, SO LISTEN UP DUDES!
HE CAN TAKE YOU OUT IF IT SUITS HIS MOOD
HE'S QUICK AND CRAFTY, HAVE NO DOUBT
HE CAN SET UP SUBS AND STALL YOU OUT!
IF YOU CHOOSE HIM YOU'LL NOT CHOOSE WRONG
MATCHES WITH HIM DON'T LAST LONG!

D.J.! MORTY MOLT!

Amoonguss @ Coba Berry
Bold nature
156 HP / 52 Speed / 252 SpD / 40-something defense

Spore
Rage Powder
Giga Drain
Protect

he has no style
he has no grace
this shroom has a funny face
he can drain you when he needs to
and makes him quite hard
to subdue
this cray-zee shroom
might spell your doom

D.J.! CRANKY FRANKY!

Thundurus @ Electric Gem
Timid nature
252 Speed / 252 SpA / 6 HP
31/18/30/31/31/31

Thunderbolt
Hidden Power
Swagger
Protect

HE'S BACK AGAIN AND ABOUT TIME TOO
AND THIS TIME HE'S JUST LIKE NEW
HIS HIDDEN POWER IS JUST PLAIN CHILL
BUT THIS GUY ISN'T RUN OF THE MILL
HE STRUTS AROUND SMILIN' AND SWAGGERIN'
HIS WIN STREAK IS JUST AS STAGGERIN'!

D.J.! HYDRA GON!

Hydreigon @ Focus Sash
Timid nature
252 SpA / 252 Speed / 6 Defense

Draco Meteor
Surf
Dark Pulse
Protect

THIS DRAGON IS GNARLY, DUDE!
THOUGH HIS MAD SKILLS ARE SOMEWHAT CRUDE
HIS DARK PULSE CAN SOMETIMES FLINCH
WHICH CAN WIN A MATCH
IN A PINCH
HE CAN SOAK YOUR TEAM
FASTER THAN IT SEEMS

D.J.! SNIFFY SNOOP!

Stoutland @ Leftovers
Adamant nature
Ability: Intimidate
252 HP / 252 Attack / 6 Speed

Return
Crunch
Helping Hand
Protect

FINALLY HE'S HERE FOR YOU!
IT'S THE LAST MEMBER OF THE D.J. CREW
THIS DOG'S SO STRONG IT ISN'T EVEN FUNNY
HE CAN MAKE A COFAGRIGUS
CRY OUT FOR MUMMY
HE CAN HELP OUT A PAL WITH RELATIVE EASE
HE MAKES 2HKOING GENIES SEEM SUCH A BREEZE!
HE MAY BE SLOW
HE CAN'T JUMP HIGH
BUT THIS DOG'S
ONE HELL OF A GUY!

OH YEAH!

COME ON FRANKY!
TAKE IT TO THE FRIDGE!

WALNUTS, PEANUTS, PINEAPPLE SMELLS!
GRAPES, MELONS ORANGES AND COCONUT SHELLS!

WALNUTS, PEANUTS, PINEAPPLE SMELLS!
GRAPES, MELONS ORANGES AND COCONUT SHELLS!

OH YEAH!

Basically, this team aims to support the two genies so they can sweep easier. Conkeldurr is a bulky Wide Guard variant, and while I do like the anti-sleep aspect of Flame/Toxic orbs, the opponent just stalls with protect until I'm in KO range, and I want to bait Rock Slides whenever I can, and not waste a turn of Wide Guard doing nothing while I'm met with a double protect. Stoutland+shroom is also a great lead combo, as Stoutland's Intimidate softens Acrobatics and suchlike, and shroom can direct Fighting moves aimed at Stoutland. But what really makes it one of my favorite leads is that Tornadus either sets up a Substitute or goes for Acrobatics, which Amoonguss Protects on and Stoutland 2HKO's (sub brings it into ohko range iirc lol) the offending genie. When I think my opponent is going to use Terrakotta, I lead with Thundurus and Conkeldurr. Usually, Whimsicott Tailwinds while Terrakion Protects, so I Hammer Arm Whimsicott and Protect with Thundurus just in case. Next turn, Wide Guard and Thunderbolt the replacement or switch. Swagger is an awesome move to use when things look grim, as it pretty much changes my chances of winning from 0% to 50%, not to mention being able to screw over Trick Room abusers, especially special ones like Reuniclus.

I've been in a little slump, though, and I'm thinking of replacing Hydeigon with something, but I don't exactly know what. I'd love some help on this, so here's stuff I have trouble with:

Scarfed Vanilluxe: Even a Helping Hand boosted Mach Punch can't OHKO. Usually I have to Swagger/Return to get some prior damage, but this isn't always reliable.

Overheat Chandelure: I Protect with Amoonguss first turn even if I have Conkeldurr out, since shroom's not surviving that. Knowing about it doesn't give me much comfort, though, and it's usually fancy footwork KOing it if I didn't bring Hydra.

Rock Slide: If they have a strong Rock Slider out and my checks are dead, I have to hope Swagger takes hold.

Other Swagger Thundurus: The server crashes due to overload of swag.

yeah tear it apart guys go go go

also the team in action in a recent skarmbliss tourney (though the battle was kinda haxxy lol)
http://youtu.be/WnqCVVw-sa0

The rap is the only part of this that matters. This team is pointless.

It's a nice solid team but I only have a minor nitpick or two.

Flamethrower >> Surf on Hydreigon. There's no real justification on why you chose it so I'm just going to assume it hits some minor thing like solo Terrakion but... he's prey for Conkeldurr.

If you're running bulky Conkeldurr, why not Drain Punch >> Hammer Arm? Right, no one stalls in VGC. Always there.

What's up with the speed on Amoonguss? Seems weird. Might has well run like 8 Speed just to dump on other smart Amoonguss's who try to be smart and run 4.

yep, the speed on mushroom is random, but it's helped me out against other shrooms who think a few points of defense is going to turn a few OKHOs into 2HKOs (hint: they don't, especially with snoops on the job)

drain punch+mach punch+wide guard is illegal, otherwise i'd be all over that like a jar of mayo on a ham sandwich

surf hydra is quirky, but it's gotten me a few battles on surprise factor. it's becoming major slack to my team lately though, and i've done some tinkering with his slot, namely sash landorus and chandelure

All in all it's a solid team. I would personally keep Hydreigon. Every time I see one and my Conkeldurr isn't out, I get worried. I usually gang bang it with my two pokemon out.

I would give conkeldurr sheer force rather than guts. Since you don't have a flame orb, guts won't do you any good. Sheer force will boost the power of rock slide. The chances of getting a flinch from rock slide is dismal becuase many pokemon outspeed it. The extra power would be better.

Also I would put chople berry on Stoutland because of all the conkeldurr .

I was thinking, maybe Krookodile > Stoutland? With Earthquake, it gets great synchro with the Genies, it still has Intimidate, it gets STAB Crunch, but the real pointer is that STAB Earthquake.
Also, why not max speed on Amoonguss? It might seem a bit strange, but it can actually help against slow, bulky pokemon like no speed Eelektross, and in Tailwind, it reaches 180 speed - and that's just annoying.
The same with Conkeldurr. Attacking with wave after wave of fast, strong Rock Slides is not funny for flying/bug types.

yeah, i might try krook in hydra's place (maybe even scarf krook but ehh) but snoops is family and you dont replace family, also people underestimate him and do stupid stuff around him which makes him awesome

max speed amoongus kinda sucks, 52 speed usually does the job and with conk, i have hammer arm to cancel out speed evs

also @ wildfire:

guts conkeldurr -1 vs snoops w chople

drain punch
210 Atk vs 110 Def & 192 HP (75 Base Power): 82 - 97 (42.71% - 50.52%)

hammer arm
210 Atk vs 110 Def & 192 HP (100 Base Power): 109 - 129 (56.77% - 67.19%)

mach punch (after chople is eaten)
210 Atk vs 110 Def & 192 HP (40 Base Power): 86 - 104 (44.79% - 54.17%)

yeah no

and i'd rather be guts boosted by burns rather than just rolling over and dying from them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)