Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
That makes sense, thanks for the answer!

damn though, I don't want to bother playing through this game again lol
Make it a Scramble or Nuzlocke challenge :3 those usually make the game more interesting after you've played it once.

Also, I'm like two weeks late, but congrats on the VGC's win

Carracostas base stats:
- Def: 133
- Atk: 108
- SPatk: 83
- Spd: 32

Cloysters base ststs:
- Def: 180
- Atk: 95
- SPatk: 85
- Spd: 70

i think cloyster won this battle...

Carracostas base stats:

Cloysters base ststs:

Why are you only looking at the stats? Moves, abilities etc. are also very important. But still, cloyster will win i guess (although it depends on the team)

Now for my own question (which is a pretty stupid one):

Why can't you change your username more than once on Smogon?

Why are you only looking at the stats? Moves, abilities etc. are also very important. But still, cloyster will win i guess (although it depends on the team)

I guess to avoid too much confusion. IMO, they should do what Friendcodes does - have a name-change week every 6 months, or just prevent an individual user from changing names for 6 months (The first option means that everyone changes their name all in the week that it's allowed, and the second option means you can change your username anytime but the 6-month timer starts when you change it).

Carracostas base stats:

Cloysters base ststs:

Well stats wise they're not too different, they each have 3 stats better than the other. Maybe its more a question of who is strongest after shell smash as this would be the main part of both sets?

it will... with skill link and icicle spear it can do more damage than an ice beam, rock blast can also be more powerful than a rock slide, and maby a little less powerful than stone edge, but better accuracy

Well stats wise they're not too different, they each have 3 stats better than the other. Maybe its more a question of who is strongest after shell smash as this would be the main part of both sets?
it depends, are you going to se them to sweep or to wall?

Spd is more often used as Special Defense than Speed.... Honestly, I thought you were talking about Special Defense...

HP=HP
Attack=Atk
Defense=Def
Special Attack= Sp.A(tk)
Special Defense=Sp.D(ef)
Speed=Spe

And grass types are not the only (special) type that can hit Cloyster for SE damage. There is also Electric (at -1, most special moves do lots of damage, really). Cloyster's 180 Defense stat may look impressive, but really, when uninvested and at -1, it's not much. He'll take quite a chunk from Scizor's Bullet Punch.

Oh, and Drachen, if you could merge your posts into one from now on, it would be much easier to read (and better for you, if you don't want to get an official warning)

Spd is more often used as Special Defense than Speed.... Honestly, I thought you were talking about Special Defense...

HP=HP
Attack=Atk
Defense=Def
Special Attack= Sp.A(tk)
Special Defense=Sp.D(ef)
Speed=Spe

And grass types are not the only (special) type that can hit Cloyster for SE damage. There is also Electric (at -1, most special moves do lots of damage, really). Cloyster's 180 Defense stat may look impressive, but really, when uninvested and at -1, it's not much. He'll take quite a chunk from Scizor's Bullet Punch.

Oh, and Drachen, if you could merge your posts into one from now on, it would be much easier to read (and better for you, if you don't want to get an official warning)
well cloysters defence can be pretty good at times... i use one in pokemon black, and i used it to sweep marshal, at -2 it went from 100% hp to 4% from his meinshaos hi-jump kick... and trust me... not even my swampert at its level at that time (89) wouldve survived that... it can survive almost every fighting move at a -1 (excluding aura sphere, focus blast and HP fighting [any]) just gotta watch out for special attacks, ANY special attack that is strong, like psychic, gunk shot, thunderbold, giga drain, the lit goes on... (excluding ice, it has a x0.25 weakness to it) bullet punches arent a worry, but mach punches are because steel = x1 weakness (water x0.5 plus the ice x1.5)

well cloysters defence can be pretty good at times when invested.... i use one in pokemon black, and i used it to sweep marshal, at -2 it went from 100% hp to 4% from his meinshaos hi-jump kick... and trust me... not even my swampert at its level at that time (89) wouldve survived that... it can survive almost every fighting move at a -1 Let me see it live a Guts boosted CC from heracross. (excluding aura sphere, focus blast and HP fighting [any]) just gotta watch out for special attacks, ANY special attack that is strong, like psychic, gunk shot is physical, thunderbolt, giga drain, the lit goes on... (excluding ice, it has a x0.25 weakness to it) bullet punches arent a worry, but mach punches are because steel = x1 weakness (water x0.5 plus the ice x2)
CB Tech Bullet Punch from Scizor OHKO's 4/0 Cloyster at -1... just saying..

Adamant CB Bullet Bunch does 59.5% - 70.2% against a -1 Cloyster (with no defensive investments).

However this is not the Cloyster thread if you really want to continue I'd probably take this there...

Not that there is anything to continue.

No way in hell. Bullet Punch is neutral vs Cloyster (Water/Ice).
CB Scizor deals 59% - 70% to -1, no investment Cloyster.

if it can survive conkeldurrs hammer arm it can survive scizors bullet punch
How?
CB Hammer Arm deals 210% - 247% to -1 Cloyster.

ninja'd

Ok well if i can PM my team to someone would they be able to advise me on whether Cloyster or Carracosta would fit better in my team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)