Team Tyranitar

This is a team built around Tyranitar, my favorite pokemon. Please give suggestions to improve this team as much as possible.:pimp:

Chaos (Tyranitar)
Item: Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
Nature: Adamant
Evs: 252Atk/252Hp/6 Spdf
-Crunch
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Pursuit

Role: Tyranitar is a bulky powerful attacker. With the evs he hits extremely hard with the ability to survive many special attacks comfortably. The adamant nature is for even more attack power. Crunch is his main STAB. Stone Edge is good for flying pokemon such as the dangerous Thundrus, dragonite, and salamence. Earthquake is good for steel pokemon and gives him a fighting chance against Scizor. Pursuit is good for trapping foes and has STAB.

Landorous
Item:Choice Scarf
Ability:Sand Force
Nature:Naive
Evs:252Atk/252Speed/6Hp
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-HP Ice
-U Turn

Role: Landorous is my physical sweeper. With a choice scarf, Landorous is extremely fast. With Tyranitar's sandstorm out sand force will boost his attack. The Ev's give him maximum power and speed. Earthquake is his main stab which with sand force has extreme power. Stone Edge is for flying and dragon pokemon. HP ice is for gliscor, dragonite, or salamence. U turn is for scouting and for added coverage.

Ferrothorn (tank)
Ability:iron Barbs
Nature:Sassy
Item:Leftovers
EVs:252 Hp / 252 Spdf / 4 def
-Gyro Ball
-Power Whip
-Leech Seed
-stealth rock
Role: He is a mixed wall. He can take special hits more comfortably but could still take some physical hits. His main goal is to set up stealth rock. Gyro Ball is his main STAB that deals massive damage because of how slow Ferrothorn is. He is even slower because of his nature Sassy. Power Whip is for pokemon that resist Gyro Ball like bulky water pokemon. Leech Seed is for recovery.

Reniculus
move 1: Recover
move 2: Psychic
move 3: Calm Mind
move 4: Focus Blast
nature: Quiet
ability: Magic Guard
item: Life Orb
evs: 172 HP / 32 Def / 252 SpA / 52 SpD
ivs: 0 Spd
-Psychic
-Calm Mind
-focus blast
-recover

Role: With the Evs he is bulky enough to live through many attacks but still be a deadly special attacker. Life orb deals no damage because of his ability and neither does sandstorm. Psychic is his main STAB move. Calm Mind is for if he gets an opportunity to set up. Focus blast helps with steel, rock, and dark pokemon. Recover increases his lifetime by a lot. He has pretty good synergy with Tyranitar because of his fighting weakness.

Gengar
Item:Choice Specs
Ability:Levitate
Nature:Timid
Evs:252Spa/252Speed/6Hp
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
-Trick
-Thunderbolt

Role: He is a special sweeper, Spin Blocker, Wall Breaker, and a good switch in on ground, normal, or fighting moves. With Timid nature he reaches extreme speeds. Choice Specs is for more power. Shadow ball is his main STAB. Focus Blast is for dark and steel pokemon. Thunderbolt is good for flying and water pokemon. Trick is to stop walls in their track by giving them choice specs so they can only use one move. He can also stop some setup sweepers with trick.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 216 SDef / 36 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Wish
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- Protect

Role:He is an awesome Speciall wall. With the nature and the Evs he can survive a lot of special attatcks. Wish is for his healing and for the rest of my team. Body slam with serene Grace has a great chance of paralyzing. Iron Head is his STAB move that has a good chance of flinching. Protect is for an extra turn of leftovers or to heal him with wish. His main goal is to paralyze as much of my opponents team as he possibly can along with annoying them with flinch and healing my team.

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Hey there,

This is a pretty good team, I don't see any huge weaknesses on it, even though you have to rely on revenge kill for some threats. However, there are some small changes that could be made to greatly improve the effectiveness of this team. First of all, Landorus should have a Naive nature. A +speed nature is really helpful for a scarfer such as Landorus that has a really trollish speed tier (base 101 gives it the ability to revenge kill the whole base 100 tier). You should also remove Explosion for Hidden Power Ice to net a surprise kill on Gliscor. You should change Brick Break for U-Turn, as you already have Skarmory to wall Balloon Exca to no end. U-Turn actually helps scouting. Also, TR Reuniclus doesn't have really great synergy with the rest of your team, especially Landorus and Gengar. You really do not want Gengar to attack last, since its bulk is somewhere near non-existent. Make it a CM version, or just a Recover + 3 Attacks. I would also change Psychic for Thunderbolt or Destiny Bond, because Reuniclus can use Conkeldurr as set-up fodder, and you don't want to waste this opportunity!

You also have Spikes on both Ferrothorn and Skarmory, so you might want Thunder Wave, Leech Seed or Rest on Ferrothorn.

Hey there,

This is a pretty good team, I don't see any huge weaknesses on it, even though you have to rely on revenge kill for some threats. However, there are some small changes that could be made to greatly improve the effectiveness of this team. First of all, Landorus should have a Naive nature. A +speed nature is really helpful for a scarfer such as Landorus that has a really trollish speed tier (base 101 gives it the ability to revenge kill the whole base 100 tier). You should also remove Explosion for Hidden Power Ice to net a surprise kill on Gliscor. You should change Brick Break for U-Turn, as you already have Skarmory to wall Balloon Exca to no end. U-Turn actually helps scouting. Also, TR Reuniclus doesn't have really great synergy with the rest of your team, especially Landorus and Gengar. You really do not want Gengar to attack last, since its bulk is somewhere near non-existent. Make it a CM version, or just a Recover + 3 Attacks. I would also change Psychic for Thunderbolt or Destiny Bond, because Reuniclus can use Conkeldurr as set-up fodder, and you don't want to waste this opportunity!

You also have Spikes on both Ferrothorn and Skarmory, so you might want Thunder Wave, Leech Seed or Rest on Ferrothorn.
Thanks for the suggestions. Does anybody have more?

I think on your gengar, you should have the Sub/Disable set, it works really well since nothing can wall it.
Gengar @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Sp.A / 252 Spd / 6 HP
Trait: Levitate
Timid Nature (+Spd / -Atk)
-Substitute
-Disable
-Pain Split
-Shadow Ball or any other attacking move.

Replace your speed EVs on Ferrothorn into Special defense. Speed doesn't do much to Ferrothorn, especially because it has Gyro Ball.

And replace Recover or Shadow Ball for Trick Room on Reuniclus.

I would recommend pursuit over aqua tail on T-Tar. Pursuit does massive damage with the choice band, and it allows you to trap many important threats. Plus you don't lose much coverage. At all.

Also, power whip is usually a better choice on ferrothorn. Replacing gyro ball with power whip gives you the ability to counter rain teams and bulky waters in general. Plus you're not consistently nerfing yourself with T-Wave.

Yo, although guitar dude has a pretty good set there, I like your current set here. Trick specs works absolutely fine, and might fit better here. Try the set with thunderbolt instead of psykic though. Hits waters who would be a pain in the ass.

I would recommend pursuit over aqua tail on T-Tar. Pursuit does massive damage with the choice band, and it allows you to trap many important threats. Plus you don't lose much coverage. At all.

Also, power whip is usually a better choice on ferrothorn. Replacing gyro ball with power whip gives you the ability to counter rain teams and bulky waters in general. Plus you're not consistently nerfing yourself with T-Wave.
i had him knowing power whip and gyro ball should i replace one for something

A choice scarf gengar can run through your team.
Focus blast on TTAR.
HP Ice on Landorus
Focus blast on Ferro
Shadow ball on reuni
shadow ball on gengar
tbolt on skarm
Yeah. I suggest running a scizor on this team.

try spikes on ferro and SR on skarm, ferro gets them up easier. Definently change reuniclus to its standard cm | Psychic | focus blast | Recover.

you could also swap skarm out for a defencive jirachi, because it can pass wishes, helps with your gengar weakness, and spreads paralysis which helps any team

This is an awesome team. I was just wondering, since I wish to incorporate CB Tyranitar into my team as well, does pursuit OHKO Jellicent if it stays in?

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
it doesn't OHKO calm 252/0 Jellicent if it stays in, but it does something like 75-80%, which is still good

Great all around team, the only problem I see is that Ferrothorn should have an Impish Nature. Since Natures add 10% and aren't static like EV's or IV's, Natures should usually benefit the strongest base stat so that you can "create more stats from nothing".
10% of 300 is 30
10% of 100 is 10

use sassy on ferro. u need extra power on gyro ball to ohko and 2hko certain threats.

r u actually serious on using choiced gengar? try subsplit, it's a fantastic stallbreaker, and is still amazingly offencive

You should swap skarm for jirachi, and change ferro to the standard spread. I tested this team and you would appreciate jirachi's amazing parashuffling skills and wishes.

Trick Room could help on your Reuniclus, as it would assist Reuniclus, Ferrothorn and T-Tar in Speed. Any Gengars which are a threat to your team would then move last, allowing you to set something up on them.

However, I'm not sure which move you should replace.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)