Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could anyone please calculate these situations for me? I want to see how much a certain crit mattered.

Jolly-natured 252 Attack Minccino (99 Attack at level 50, if it helps) Flail at 1 HP (I believe 200 BP before STAB) vs. +SpDef 252HP/252SpDef Umbreon at -1 Defense and vs. +Def 252HP/252Def Umbreon at -1 Def

I fought against an Umbreon on Random Matchup and it switched in as my Minccino used Tickle. I had 1 HP from Slaking's Return, so I attacked with a full-powered Flail and it got a crit and OHKO'ed. I know Minccino isn't an offensive behemoth, but I'm pretty sure that'd still do a lot of damage without a crit.
Vs + Def: 46.7 - 55.1%
Vs + SpD: 63.45 - 74.87%

It would've dented it, but pray tell why Minncino over Cincinno?

How much damage will a 252 SAtk Modest Chandelure's HP Fighting do to;

- a Max Max Blissey?
By this I assume that's max Def Bold, which would be: 19.61% - 23.25% Just in case it's max Sp. Def it's: 16.53 - 19.61%

- a Max Max Ttar in sand?
Assuming it's Sassy then: 65.35 - 77.23%

Hey guys I've played pokemon since I was like 6? (17 now :L) But ive never played competivly as I never botherd with DPpT games. I brought Soul Silver last year but did one play through and was done with it. However now that I have brought pokemon Black I want to start playing competivly yet I dont know how to make a good team or what to do :/. Im not sure if this is the correct place to post this. I undertsand how to Ev train and I understand what Ivs are but I dont know how important Ivs are. If somebody could tell me a good team to try to train or give me some advise on what to do I would be more then gratefull :) Thank you in advance.

Hey guys I've played pokemon since I was like 6? (17 now :L) But ive never played competivly as I never botherd with DPpT games. I brought Soul Silver last year but did one play through and was done with it. However now that I have brought pokemon Black I want to start playing competivly yet I dont know how to make a good team or what to do :/. Im not sure if this is the correct place to post this. I undertsand how to Ev train and I understand what Ivs are but I dont know how important Ivs are. If somebody could tell me a good team to try to train or give me some advise on what to do I would be more then gratefull :) Thank you in advance.
The better IV's you have the better your stats will be, so having 31 IV's in every stat will give you the best possible stats.

If you are looking for good team, check out the Rate My Team section. There are some good teams there that could help you start. Eventually when you know the metagame a bit you could build your own team obviously. The best way to learn is to play and find out but if you need some advice you can apply for a tutor. For more information about that, go here.

What are the best side programs for competitive assistance? E.g. damage calculator, team weakness shower, synergy stuff, etc

And could I have links?
Team Builder

Damage Calculator

For good teambuilding, synergy guides check out the article section on smogon.

not really linked to competitive play, but why does juniper always give me the 'how to' lecture
furthermore, whats the best set for a poison heal gliscor?
and is there an ability that tells what the other guys ability is?

not really linked to competitive play, but why does juniper always give me the 'how to' lecture
I assume you're talking about the dreamworld tutorial. If so, she will stop doing that if you let the dreamworld website save cookies to your computer, as the site remembering whether you have accessed it before is linked to that.

What would be a good way to deal with Magnezone? He completely screws my Empoleon, and Ferrothorn dies to HP Fire. I do have Chandelure, but magnezone would just switch out from that.

With enough Special Defense investment, Ferrothorn should be able to survive a HP Fire, and Ferrothorn can use Bulldoze to destroy Magnezone

Thank you, and because it's fun to use NFE's and gimmicks on Random Matchup, and I'm already using Choice Band Cinccino on the same team anyways.
You're just like me; I've been using a Trapinch on Random Matchup. It's fun to watch Trapinch come in on Jolteon, and Earthquake it when it's trapped. (Feint finishes it off.)

BTW, what was the nature and EVs of Minccino? I want to try it out.

Blackhawk11

one on one
Can someone give me a link to some sort of RNG'ing guide?
Here you go, there's a few links in that post to videos, more specific guides, the RNG Reporter Program itself, etc. Personally I think the bearsfan videos were the most help for me.

FunLovin said:
Who is a good roar/whirlwind/dragontail user for a baton pass team?
I'd say Vaporeon would be your best bet with Baton Pass/Roar/Acid Armor/Wish or Aqua Ring.

You're just like me; I've been using a Trapinch on Random Matchup. It's fun to watch Trapinch come in on Jolteon, and Earthquake it when it's trapped. (Feint finishes it off.)

BTW, what was the nature and EVs of Minccino? I want to try it out.
Minccino @ Focus Sash
Jolly
Technician
4HP/252Atk/252Spe
Tickle
Wake-Up Slap
Aqua Tail
Flail

I only have Aqua Tail because I got it from a trade, and it was bred with that move. Bullet Seed might be worth having over it, although I haven't tested that.

I've posted a video or two in the Battle Video Theater thread showing how I play with Minccino. It's pretty simple, but they're there anyway if you want to see.

ok, i think my game is acting up. im fighting the subway boss, his garbador to my wobbufet. he hits me with venoshock. i flinch. since venoshock has no flinch chance, i assume he has the razor item. but i send out salamance, deal damage, and its holding black sludge. am i missing something? cuz his !=ucking garbador took out 2 of my pokemon without a scratch!!!

honestly, this game hates me. a critical hit then 2 flinches that shouldn't exist.

ok, i think my game is acting up. im fighting the subway boss, his garbador to my wobbufet. he hits me with venoshock. i flinch. since venoshock has no flinch chance, i assume he has the razor item. but i send out salamance, deal damage, and its holding black sludge. am i missing something? cuz his !=ucking garbador took out 2 of my pokemon without a scratch!!!
The ability Stench gives a 10% (or was it 30%?) chance to Flinch the opponent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)