All-Weather team

as we all know weather teams dominate the current meta, so naturally i wanted to take a shot at it. i threw a couple quick teams together but couldnt make up my mind on what to really pursue and perfect first. so i just decided to make one team with EVERY weather inducer!

I've seen a couple threads about dual weather teams ( rain+sand looks most viable IMO ) but I decided to go all-in with every weather effect. This way I can keep the game unpredictable for my opponents. Or at least that's the idea.
If nothing else it's lol-z

Something to note is this team can be led by any poke rly.
Changes in bold

Ninetails @ choice specs
Ability drought
Timid nature
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-overheat
-solarbeam
-Extrasensory
-HP rock

im between specs and scarf, currently the specs are beast, i've tried scarf though.. Extrasensory is nice to help give ttar some cover. Rock helps against other fire types. Using Solorbeam over energy ball because of the afore mentioned speed overinvrstment. Aside from that pretty obvious. Safe switch in, overheat, get out ( excellent for killing opponents abomasnow's ). Or use a type advantage move for a couple turns and get out or fodder.

Politoed @ leftovers
Ability drizzle
Calm nature
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Def
-surf
-psychic
-ice beam
-toxic

Covers abomasnow's 4x fire weakness. Very easy to switch into even when physical. Specially bulky with little recovery aside from lefties. and can handle ninetails too when it gets the weather advantage. Plenty of other type coverage as well. Handles anything specially based that's not a wall with rest. And even those can be easily broken either by the toad or a team mate.

Tyranitar @ leftovers
Ability sand stream
Sassy nature
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
-payback
-curse
-sleeptalk
-rest

Typical restalk ttar but more physically bulky. Stayed w/ SpD nature to get the most of the sandstorm boost. Takes physical rock type moves for ninetails. Stalls what other physical threats the team can't handle.

Abomasnow @ leftovers
Ability snow warning
Sassy nature
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
-blizzard
-wood hammer
-substitute
-leech seed

Although he is slow abomasnow makes for a great sub-seeder with blizzard helping the accelerate the process. Also blizzard handles any grass types immune to being seeded. Unfortunately his typing is awful defensively but the rest of the team ( politoed most notably ) can easily switch into and counter anything trying to take advantage of this. Easily sets up on bulky water types which helps keep ninetails just that much safer. One water type abomasnow can set up on worth mentioning is politoed.

Jirachi @ expert belt
Ability serene grace
Naive nature
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
-iron head
-ice punch
-fire punch
-thunder

i think we all know the set so i wont spend too much time on it. feigns a choice item, and hits hard with an expert belt boosted coverage move. iron head for flinch hax obviously. overall, just a strong physical attacker that backs up the teams already above par type coverage. Thunder works great when rain is up, and most of the time you want to use thunder you'll be facing rain teams. Also nice para-flinch

Dragonite @ choice band
Ability multi scale
Adamant nature
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
-Dragon claw
-earthquake
-extreme speed
-superpower

Not a fan of outrage for reasons we all already know. EQ because I lack any other ground attacks, extreme speed because it's awesome, superpower to hit opposing ttars.
. I'm considering making this into a expert belt set and squeeze in roost to take advantage of mutiscale

So that's the team. I kept opposing weather in mind because I need to be in control of that aspect or I'm screwed. The team does a good job of covering it's own weaknesses by coincidence too. And as I said, if nothing else, it's lol-z

Most weather teams that have more than one weather abuser mainly use 2 of them, and then the rest of the pokemon abuse one certain weather.

so i've noticed. but there's nothing wrong with experimentation. this team has been doing pretty well so far and boasts enough type coverage to handle just about anything, to a point that is

Well looks ok, you could certainly screw other weather teams over. Maybe make Jirachi able to abuse your weather ie. thunder instead of thunderpunch and blizzard instead of ice punch. mixed attacker basically. Would be fun to play with but I noticed 5/6 of your pokemon are weak to earthquake...yeaaah might wanna figure something out. Air balloon jirachi? Or even just find a replacement for arcanine. Dragonite may work. He gets great coverage (physically) and roost, a recovery mode not based on the weather. He isnt affected by EQs and has extremespeed. Hope this helped!

Well your team is a tad confusing as you should really choose one weather type. You've got too much weather so I suggest sticking to one theme and jirachi does not do all elemental punches, he needs wish, body slam, more utility to make him more usable.

Thx 4 the suggestion! I'll add dnite ASAP. I also like the mixed rachi idea but I don't want to have to rely on weather since it'll be shifting so much. Getting thunder in rain would be cool anti-rain. And serene grace gives it 60% para chance.

The thing many people miss is that the weather works for the abuser as well. The point is that I don't have a weather team but rather a team chock full of type coverage. Where most of the pokes weather do 2 things. Give that poke a boost ( like ninetails overheat in the sun, while also sun weakening opposing water moves ) and interfering with your opponents set

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)