Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark II - Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the Skarmory analysis in C&C, it says to put 24 EV's into Speed to outrun Wobbuffet. Since Wobbuffet isn't too common in OU, would it be acceptable to put those Speed EV's somewhere else? What would be the best place to put them in?

Also, I asked in the last SQSA thread, but didn't really recieve an answer. If I were to run a set with Heal Bell/Wish/Protect/Seismic Toss on Chansey/Blissey would that work or is that trying to do to much? Between Chansey and Blissey which one is better, or does it come down to personal choice?

Sorry for all the questions, any help would be greatly appreciated.

According to the Skarmory analysis in C&C, it says to put 24 EV's into Speed to outrun Wobbuffet. Since Wobbuffet isn't too common in OU, would it be acceptable to put those Speed EV's somewhere else? What would be the best place to put them in?

Also, I asked in the last SQSA thread, but didn't really recieve an answer. If I were to run a set with Heal Bell/Wish/Protect/Seismic Toss on Chansey/Blissey would that work or is that trying to do to much? Between Chansey and Blissey which one is better, or does it come down to personal choice?

Sorry for all the questions, any help would be greatly appreciated.
The 24 EVs don't make much of a difference defensively, and in the event that you do run into fast-Wobb you're going to be glad you have them, because otherwise it Encores you before you can Taunt and then turns Skarm into set-up fodder. Hell, -6 Defense Skarm takes over 75% from CB Tyranitar Pursuit as it switches out.

And yes that Blissey set is fine. Blissey works better on sand and hail teams due to leftovers and has bigger Wishes, but Chansey is more durable all around.

I'm using a smeargle as a lead w/ BP / Spore / Ingrain and the fourth slot substitute or aqua ring.

If substitute for smeargle, then Hidden power for meinshao's 4th slot and if aqua ring instead of substitute, sub for meinshao's 4th slot a good plan?
What's your other Baton Pass user? And you're going to need Substitute on Smeargle. Musharna is a horrible Pokémon though and should never be used. But depending on your other Baton Pass user, you could pick a sweeper better than Mienshao or what have you, like Garchomp or Latios

What's your other Baton Pass user? And you're going to need Substitute on Smeargle. Musharna is a horrible Pokémon though and should never be used. But depending on your other Baton Pass user, you could pick a sweeper better than Mienshao or what have you, like Garchomp or Latios
Sub on Smeargle is solid I guess. I do have a Latios and thought a calm mind user that can baton pass would be perfect. Would using Venomoth to pass QD's to Latios be better w/ smeargle as the lead?

Question for everyone. Need some pokemon that can set up light screen and reflect that aren't Psychic type. They're too frail most of the time plus I want to surprise people with a different type pokemon to set up my screens

where can i ask for a free adamant growlithe i dont have a trade thread and i do not have enough pokes to spare
Nowhere. There's no such thing as a free lunch.

Start working hard breeding (we all had to start from somewhere).

...or maybe you could wait for someone to hold a giveaway in the Wi-Fi forum, but the chances of them giving away a Growlithe that you want are slim.

Nowhere. There's no such thing as a free lunch.

Start working hard breeding (we all had to start from somewhere).

...or maybe you could wait for someone to hold a giveaway in the Wi-Fi forum, but the chances of them giving away a Growlithe that you want are slim.
thanks dude :[ anyway im gonna try to give modest dittos?

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
so i post my team there do i control them or what??
How can you rate teams if you haven't used PO? 9.9

Anyways, I have some questions.

With a team of RestTalk Gyarados, Ferrothorn, Hippowdon, Scarf Landorus, Tentacruel, and CB Snorlax, is a spinblocker really necessary? If one is necessary, what pokemon should I replace, and what spinblocker should I use?

How active is #rmt on irc, and during what times is it most active?

Thanks in advance!

Why do VGC/LC have their own sections yet Dream World OU does not? Both of those subforums have, like, 50 people each that like/play those metagames.

How can you rate teams if you haven't used PO? 9.9

Anyways, I have some questions.

With a team of RestTalk Gyarados, Ferrothorn, Hippowdon, Scarf Landorus, Tentacruel, and CB Snorlax, is a spinblocker really necessary? If one is necessary, what pokemon should I replace, and what spinblocker should I use?

How active is #rmt on irc, and during what times is it most active?

Thanks in advance!
i havent rate teams........... and if i post in a RMT it´s just nitpicks not BIG THINGS and while i havent used PO i do get on wifi ALOT on my 3DS

OH AND FOR YOUR QUESTION I YOU HAVE ONLY 1 MEMBE WHO IS WEAK TO SPIKES AND THAT IS TENTACRUEL I WOULDNT :p

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Why do VGC/LC have their own sections yet Dream World OU does not? Both of those subforums have, like, 50 people each that like/play those metagames.
Because Dream World OU is not a recognized metagame. There is no suspect test for it, therefore it doesn't have its own subforum. The Dream World metagame is there to see how the metagame could turn out if everything was released, it follows the Standard OU bans.

Because Dream World OU is not a recognized metagame. There is no suspect test for it, therefore it doesn't have its own subforum. The Dream World metagame is there to see how the metagame could turn out if everything was released, it follows the Standard OU bans.
There is no suspect test for VGC, and no suspect test for GBU. Why even bring it up if it does not apply to all of the subforums?

Sorry if I sound like I'm looking for an argument, because I'm not.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
There is no suspect test for VGC, and no suspect test for GBU. Why even bring it up if it does not apply to all of the subforums?

Sorry if I sound like I'm looking for an argument, because I'm not.
VGC because there is literally a whole tournament about it...... do I really need to point that out to you?

and GBU is, as Jibaku so put it: "the official in game ladder in BW," so that's why the have their own sections.

I'm trying the Solum's Core, are my movesets and EVs right for Gliscor, Rotom-W, and Jirachi?

Jirachi @ Leftovers Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SDef / 32 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- Body Slam
- Wish
- Fire Punch

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 212 HP / 216 Def / 80 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Protect
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 248 SAtk / 148 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

And if your wondering about the rest of my team

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Latios (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick

Doryuuzu (Excadrill) (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Return

If its not too much to ask, can anyone tell me what major threats my team face and how to stop them (this isn't a RMT because I don't consider this team finished!).

Thank you!

I originally played R/B and then stopped playing til DPPt came out (so I skipped gen 2-3 entirely). I'm now Nuzlocking Leafgreen, and I am confused about something.

How do attacks correspond to the attack and special attack stat if the moves aren't classified as such? Same goes for defence. I just don't quite get it...

I originally played R/B and then stopped playing til DPPt came out (so I skipped gen 2-3 entirely). I'm now Nuzlocking Leafgreen, and I am confused about something.

How do attacks correspond to the attack and special attack stat if the moves aren't classified as such? Same goes for defence. I just don't quite get it...
Attacks are Physical/Special depending on their type in all generations prior to Gen IV.

Moves like Fire Punch, which are physical in Gen 4(punching move), is special in Gen 3(Fire-type). Which is why you should never take the Hitmonchan from the Fighting Dojo, its terrible.

Continuing from the example above, Fire Punch(and other such moves), hit the opponent's Special Defense, so even if in DPP where it hits Blissey for decent damage, it's going to do absolutely nothing to the pink blob in RS/FRLG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)