Fear the Fro!

Hi all! This is my first uber team, so I was just testing some uber pokemon out. Even though the team was origanly built to just to "test the waters" or so to speak of the uber tier, but it became very succesful, peaking at 23th on the smogon tier and won me a on server tournament and in the process, they all grew impressive afros. So now I want to improve it.

Zekrom @ choice scarf
terravoltage
4 hp 252 atk 252 spd
jolly
Bolt Strike
Outrage
Dragon Claw
Volt switch

The first and most recent member of my time is the cover pokemon of white, the thunder dragon Zekrom. His main fonction is a scout with volt switch and revenge kill the various calm mind sweepers, like cm Kyroge. Bolt strick and outrage are twin power full STABs with great coverage, dragon claw is for win i can't lock myself into outrage and can't afford a miss and volt switch is for scouting

Kyorge @ leftovers
Drizzle
4 hp 252 sp atk 252 spd
timidAs
Surf
Ice Beam
Thunder
Calm mind

Next up is the canadien whale who lost the stanley cup; Kyorge. Asgreat as the specs and scarf sets are, I've found the calm mind Kyorge really underated set. Surf is STAB and even though I'm timid, have lefties and is not as powerfull as water spout ans hydro pump, it still kills everything without any boosts. Ice beam hits dragons and groudon in the sun, while thunder is for oposing Kyorges and Palkia. Calm mind lets me set up.

Dialga @ leftovers
Pressure
168 hp 252 sp atk 90 spd
modest
Dragon Pulse
Aura Sphere
Thunder
Stealth Rock

My first somewhat unique set is my dialga. When making the team, I wanted someone to set up rocks, and since i was using Kyorge, i decided to give dialga a try. I didn't know the spreed , so i assumed that it ran a spread similar to 4 gen cb tair. I later found out this is not the norm, but i decided to keep it because it was doing really well with just the right companation of attack, bulk and speed. Anyway Dragon pulse is STAB, aura spere hits ferrathorn almost as hard as fire blast in the rain, and hits almost as hard on Arceus and opposing dialga as draco metor without ]lowering my sp atk. Before you all yell at me to change it to fire blast because aura spere isn't "standard" try it. Anyway thunder is for kyorge, since i'm not 2hko by anything but a specs water spout (or hp fighting or ground). And Stealth rocks is Stealth rocks.

Rayquaza @ life orb
Air Lock
252 atk 4 sp def 252 spd
Adament
Extreme Speed
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Sword Dance

Since Arceus is able to be fully ev trained, sd quaza has fallen out of favor, and thats why this set is so effective. Most counters to dd quaza can't take sd versions so this thing usaully gets a surpise kill. He also has one adventage over sd arceus; the ability to ohko giratina with dragon claw aver a sd. Anyway, extreme speed is priority and the big part way this set is so deadly, dragon claw is STAB, earthquake for steels, and swords dance to raise may attack to huge levels.

Scizor @ choice band
Technician
252 hp 252 atk 4 sp def
Adament
Bullet Punch
Quick Attack
Superpower
Pursuit

This is my 2nd gimmicky set is this scizor, the glue of the team. The set functions as a priority based revenge killer instead of a bulky u-turner like the standard ubers scizor. He is also my main extreme killer arceus check. Bullet punch STAB is the main move on this set doing at least 45% on most uber pokemon that don't resist it, Quick attack is to deal 35% on all the ubers who resist bullet punch that aren't steel, Superpower is for steels and Aceuse normal and is his strongest move, and pursuit catchs a fleeing mewtwo and deoxys. I'm thinking of getting rid of pursuit for u-turn, so I can switch out on a predicted groudon switch. Also try this set out before you just automaticly say I should run the normal set.

Darkrai @ wide lense
Bad Dreams
4 hp 252 sp atk 252 spd
timid
Dark Pulse
Focus Blast
Dark Void
Nasty Plot

And last but not least, my late game sweeper Darkrai. The goal of the set is to put something to sleep with dark void, boost my speical atk by ploting nasty things and sweep with dark pulse for STAB and focus blast for steels. The reason i'm useing wide lense over life orb, is because Darkrai has enough bulk to live most atks from random scarfers and unboosted priority at full health at about 20% so using life orb would just finish what my opponent failed to do and stop my sweep. I used wide lense over say leftovers because leftover wouldn't get me to me to high enough health to live an other attack, and the slight accuracy boost is helpfull when dark void and focus blast are some of my main moves.

So what do think?

polop

Would you look at the time?
is a Contributor Alumnus
It was so down the list i didn't see it XD. But that's really not an excuse lol. Your team does have an odd extremekiller weakeness as after 1 swords dance everything with the exception of zekrom (if it gets two swords dances its ohkoed though) will be killed by it before it can move. However this problem is easily avoided by changing dialga's evs to make it a bit defensively bulky. Although this suggestion seems awkward changing it to a bulk up variant or just a variant with dragon tail and stealth rock with 252hp/112 def/144 sp def along with a impish nature enable it avoid an ohko from arceus's +2 LO eq and dragon tail it out. I reccomend the moveset of rest sleep talk bulk up and dragon tail to give it recovery and so that you have a pretty much hard core defensive tank. Other then that weakness it's a nice team and the afro's are really nice lol.

i think its a decent team, but after zekrom is gone, mewtwo runs straight through this team, aurasphere and ice beam ohko all but kyogre which can die to a psystrike and scizor with a flamethrower, so you might want to put a sash on darkrai or something, you might also want a statuser like giratina-o that can burn extremekiller arceus and shadow sneak mewtwo, also, if groudon gets a rock polish up, it can hurt you. Hope this helped

It's a decent team, but I don't really see the point of darkrai, since it can't really kill anything the rest of your guys can't handle. I would say go for a Giratina-O instead, since it can check an Extremekiller (if one has overheat, it kills everrbody), or maybe even a wobbuffett to help Kyogre and Raquaza set up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)